Page 201 of 801 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202203204211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 12005

• Lion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    If you don't mind this bad boy sitting next the the mermaid building.
    That's a completely different issue - you made it sound like it wasn't possible.

And hiding the building would be simple. Just disguise it as a seaside building (hotel, apartments, etc) similar to how the San Fran street facades or the way they've hidden the huge Animation building with Hollywood facades.

Here are some pictures from yesterday and today!

And just a few more...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    If cutting down on the dining area would Goofy's Sky Skool be able to pull off an indoor wild mouse like the Dark Knight coaster?
    The Dark Knight has a slow and boring queue under poor shading, a really nice preshow and then some rather basic effects and scenes through the actual coaster ride. Too much expense into this retheme and it later becomes harder to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I really don't think so. MM was never designed for show scenes and sets. I think they would be able to put a few elements into the ride but nothing near the scale of TDK Ride.
    It would definitely be possible, but like The Dark Knight probably would not be much.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    This is the picture I'm referring to:

That's got to be one of the smallest photos I've seen posted on here, can't see anything!

However, I found the full sized one on Dateline Disneyland. You're right it looks like an extended queue, but what's strange is that there doesn't appear to be much space to theme any kind of barrier between the queue and the backstage road and the GC beyond it. Right now, there looks to be only a chain link fence, though that may simply be a construction fence.

But as FutureImagineer183 pointed out a few pages back, on the other side of Corndog Castle, there are walls going up that are clearly meant for CMs to get backstage and they are the same distance out as this presumed extended queue. So is it really a queue?

UPDATE: FI183 says that's just seating area...

• Disneyland History Lover

I think that's just the seating area for the corn dogs. It'd be strange for an extended queue for Goofy's Sky School to cut up in front of the corn dogs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Ah, the Dark Knight, the one time Six Flags put actual effort into theming.
    Clearly you've not heard of the old Spee-Lunker Cave at Six Flags Over Texas. Also, Six Flags did some above-par (for Six Flags) theming to the Terminator Salvation coaster at Magic Mountain.

Hey mchatters,

I'm pretty sure Mack makes only two models of the wild mouse: a large one with tubular column support and the smaller one that is TDK and MM/GSS (also I believe Disney had Mack make the 2nd or third dip more mild than the standard model). Its also the exact wild mouse they have at Lagoon park near Salt Lake as can be seen in this video:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQjGLOJkNnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think that they will build a tunnel for GSS that is themed as a barn in the same place that it is on the WM at Lagoon. You can already see the gable roof shaped steel that they have installed in three places above the track. I also have a hunch that the chickens removed from Goofy's Barn Stormer at MK will be moving inside this barn at DCA.

What do you think? We know how D likes to re-use and re-purpose props and animatronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    That's got to be one of the smallest photos I've seen posted on here, can't see anything!

However, I found the full sized one on Dateline Disneyland. You're right it looks like an extended queue, but what's strange is that there doesn't appear to be much space to theme any kind of barrier between the queue and the backstage road and the GC beyond it. Right now, there looks to be only a chain link fence, though that may simply be a construction fence.

But as FutureImagineer183 pointed out a few pages back, on the other side of Corndog Castle, there are walls going up that are clearly meant for CMs to get backstage and they are the same distance out as this presumed extended queue. So is it really a queue?

UPDATE: FI183 says that's just seating area...
    I tried to post the next size up and it wouldn't work. I should have just left a link.

I've waited in that old stand by queue before in July and it was not fun. I'm hoping that next time will be under those shady trees.

03-19-11 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug

Here is the bigger picture. You can see it is going to be onstage and sort of just goes back and forth.

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

If GSS was going to be themed and indoor like the dark knight, i would rather it be a funhouse-styled ride.
    @Monorailorange

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanriot View Post
    Hey mchatters,

I'm pretty sure Mack makes only two models of the wild mouse: a large one with tubular column support and the smaller one that is TDK and MM/GSS (also I believe Disney had Mack make the 2nd or third dip more mild than the standard model). Its also the exact wild mouse they have at Lagoon park near Salt Lake as can be seen in this video:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQjGLOJkNnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think that they will build a tunnel for GSS that is themed as a barn in the same place that it is on the WM at Lagoon. You can already see the gable roof shaped steel that they have installed in three places above the track. I also have a hunch that the chickens removed from Goofy's Barn Stormer at MK will be moving inside this barn at DCA.

What do you think? We know how D likes to re-use and re-purpose props and animatronics.
    Not saying that it isn't the same as Lagoons Wild Mouse (also not sure how rumors of Lagoon made it out of Utah) but a wild mouse seems to me like a pretty standard roller coaster. Aside from the spinning cars and mirror track it seems the same as the Primal Whirl at DAK.
    Also, good call on the Barn Stormer chickens. I hope they make it there, they always make me laugh!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

It definitely is not the same as Primeval Whirl at Animal kingdom. That is actually a much, much better ride experience than MM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    03-19-11 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug

Here is the bigger picture. You can see it is going to be onstage and sort of just goes back and forth.
    I can see how you can think that's a queue now, but it's just the angle of the photo. But I've seen the plans, and this looks exactly what I saw in them, it's just planters. I've been wondering if it was a fountain of some sort or just planters, but it looks like it will be just planters and seating for Corndog. That's the one thing it was missing. Everytime I got one from there, there was never anywhere to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I can see how you can think that's a queue now, but it's just the angle of the photo. But I've seen the plans, and this looks exactly what I saw in them, it's just planters. I've been wondering if it was a fountain of some sort or just planters, but it looks like it will be just planters and seating for Corndog. That's the one thing it was missing. Everytime I got one from there, there was never anywhere to sit.
    Do you know what, if anything, they are going to do to block out the backstage road and views of the GC from that planting/seating area?

every so often people get upset that more isn't done to GSS...

I'm actually fine with it as is, its a fun little ride with a reletively short wait that goes well with the Pier.

Now that the colors arn't obnoxious I'm liking it much better. Hope there are a few cute elements added along the way but I'm not too worried either way.

With the Maliboomer site becoming the much more obvious expansion pad its clear that GSS will be around for a bit longer then some people might've perferred but I think its the right choice for now.

It won't be a reason to travel but I look forward to riding it again.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

LinkBacks (?)