Page 324 of 801 FirstFirst ... 224274299314321322323324325326327334349374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

here are pics of the uncovered towers on the entrance future imagineer mentioned
    Life is a Journey: DCA's entrance is taking shape!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

IT already looks better than I anticipated like wow and going up MUCH quicker. thanks for sharing

Last edited by cbconglom; 04-16-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday, April 15, 2011

I love this picture you can see the inside of the mermaid building it going to be a beautiful ride i hope they paint the dome roof blue like all of the other roofs and i hope they start on corn dog castle soon i never like that building just take the billboard and the castle look it will be a better improvement

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    With Buena Vista St..Carsland..World of Color.etc are any of you going to go to Disneyland anymore? Lol I think for a while DCA will be the more exciting park. Im sure the newness will fade eventually but fr a few years why spend the day at Disneyland? a park Thats pretty much been stagnant for years when u can go to DCA and experience new adventures.

Im not slamming DL but lets face it..DCA will be much more exciti g for a while.
    I actually agree, and it's true. The last BIG thing we got was Nemo. That was in what? '06? The thing is though, Disneyland is very self-sustaining right now just because it has everything that's always been there that families know and love. From the icy peaks of the Matterhorn to the Pillaging Pirates of the Caribbean, there's extremely popular attractions (save for Winnie the Pooh and Innoventions) basically everywhere you turn.

With DCA it's becoming that "new kid on the block" but the new kid isn't going to be picked last for the street baseball teams. Heck, DCA is going to be it's own team rivaling Disneyland after all the new adventures come to place in just over a year. Sure, it's going to be different from the classic Disneyland, but it's going to have a new edge and style to the park.

And a big reason why Disneyland has been stagnate is because it'll be really hard to have two parks under the knife at the same time getting new stuff. Patience, and Disneyland will get some new stuff after 2012. It's kind of like a circle. You rotate the guests attention over to Disneyland while the park undergoes construction, then slowly get their attention as they release World of Color, then Little Mermaid, then Buena Vista Street and CarsLand.

Once that is done, keep their attention at DCA, while Disneyland gets work on with their new rides shows and lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Lol, are you serious with this?
    Ummm......yes.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    It is a bit strange that, after Star Tours, there seems to be no major project coming to DL in the next few years. I really hope they surprise us with something big at the D23 Expo.
    Patience.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I actually agree, and it's true. The last BIG thing we got was Nemo. That was in what? '06? The thing is though, Disneyland is very self-sustaining right now just because it has everything that's always been there that families know and love. From the icy peaks of the Matterhorn to the Pillaging Pirates of the Caribbean, there's extremely popular attractions (save for Winnie the Pooh and Innoventions) basically everywhere you turn.
    You bring up a really good point. Tomorrowland's issues aside, I'd have to say that Disneyland as a park probably looks better than ever. It has the classics most people are familiar with, the thrills people like to enjoy in the E-ticket roller coasters, and the respected shows and walkthroughs that people have come to expect (along with other things like the Pirates 4 preview). There's really little that needs to be done at the immediate moment at DL, especially with them gearing up for Star Tours and all that's happening at DCA.

Nemo was in '07. Probably the only reason I remember is that my first trip to the park was in May of that year, and I saw the construction walls showing that it was coming the following month (this was when I was still living in Texas). Luckily I got to ride it January of the following year.

• Banned User

Love these pictures from geek with the inside of mermaid lit up.

• Disneyland History Lover

^Ooh I can see Ariel!

• Banned User

^I think those photos rule out any kind of special lighting for that window. The lights inside are to bright and shine through to do anything nice, but I LOVE that pic! Ahhh it's gotten me so excited! I love how you can see the mural!

• I'm not really here

Patience.
    Indeed. Given current timing on DCA projects, I bet we'll have some kind of announcement for Disneyland before this year is out, and most likely at D23. Makes sense to announce it now so that they can begin prep work and such without having to be super secret so that once DCA wraps up and is absorbing a lot of the attention, they can work on DL. Then, when DL is done, they can begin in on DCA Phase 2 after having let Phase 1 gel for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    ^I think those photos rule out any kind of special lighting for that window. The lights inside are to bright and shine through to do anything nice, but I LOVE that pic! Ahhh it's gotten me so excited! I love how you can see the mural!
    Those lights may not be at show levels there. May just have them on and lit to see if they are all working. The loading areas of many attractions are significantly dimmer than that. It's possible those lights will be much dimmer in show conditions. Maybe? Love the look regardless.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Indeed. Given current timing on DCA projects, I bet we'll have some kind of announcement for Disneyland before this year is out, and most likely at D23. Makes sense to announce it now so that they can begin prep work and such without having to be super secret so that once DCA wraps up and is absorbing a lot of the attention, they can work on DL. Then, when DL is done, they can begin in on DCA Phase 2 after having let Phase 1 gel for a bit.
    Exactly. And I don't know specifics on what they'll announce, but if it's the rumors I've been hearing, it'll be some pretty nifty stuff. We'll have to wait it out until August to hear what they have to say. If they don't, then cool. It's all just a timing deal.

EDIT: post 7676 haha that's cool..

• I'm not really here

Exactly. And I don't know specifics on what they'll announce, but if it's the rumors I've been hearing, it'll be some pretty nifty stuff.
    There are indeed some very nifty rumors floating around. I'm hoping it is those that get announced. August is far to long off for my tastes.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

They have a new ad for Star Tours 3D, so far it looks like Star Tours II is getting all the attention! How about TLM?!?! She deserves it! It's her time! FINALLY after 20 years! She needs the spotlight, Star Tours can do well on it's own, but no one's gonna know about Ariel's new ride!

• Banned User

LOL, dont freak ou there! TLM is a $100 million attraction, believe me, they are going to advertise her like no one's business! The ST ad looks great though!

I just realized they will be advertising 2 big rides in two parks, the first time ever! I wonder how are they going to market them? Together as a resort or will it be seperate to let the audience know they are in different parks? And they are both for very different audiences. But it could be the former since they are both opening the same day. Will be interesting to see what they do. They might even throw Soundsational in there! Can't wait for the first commercials!!

• Minion

Baloo, I noticed you responded to my response to you. Unfortunately, I didn't see a pic attached.

Jake, for what you said, I completely agree. Disneyland can and has stood on its own. California Adventure is becoming its own stand alone park. It has to function properly before they can start work on Disneyland.

I guess I may be in the minority here, but I'm not that excited over Carthay Circle. Maybe once it gets closer to being done, I will. But to me, it doesn't look that large. I think it will look spectacular though.

LinkBacks (?)