Page 41 of 801 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141541 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Pretty much all of the drywall(seething?) has been installed on the main arch of TLM! details are starting to emerge! sorry no pics, which i could tho. Can't wait to see the final product!!!
    Sheathing
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Yes the wave machine is below that area but no work is going on there. They are adding some planters and general TLC to that area of the boardwalk.
    They should put in the trellis (shade structure) that was shown for that location in the early model for paradise pier:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/fil...2/7/bsc092.jpg
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Yeah.....

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but the giant bear outside GRR switched out his orange vest and blue helmet for forest green and brown ones instead. Checked out green raft #14 and yep, it's nylon bags and plastic jugs have been replaced with canvas bags, canteens, and burlap sacks with first aid decals and the like. The fastpass machines also got these new decorations on them.
    Also, the new stained glass design on TLM looks great! I totally thought a clock was going there, but this is just fine.

here r the pictures of the installed stain glass window on TLM building. the pictures arent the best, as i took them w/ my old iphone 3G which doesnt have great picture quality or zoom But hopefully these will satiate ppl's appetites until mint posts his update tomorrow.

and another

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    here r the pictures of the installed stain glass window on TLM building. the pictures arent the best, as i took them w/ my old iphone 3G which doesnt have great picture quality or zoom But hopefully these will satiate ppl's appetites until mint posts his update tomorrow.

and another

These look great. Some much needed detail for that side of the building.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but the giant bear outside GRR switched out his orange vest and blue helmet for forest green and brown ones instead. Checked out green raft #14 and yep, it's nylon bags and plastic jugs have been replaced with canvas bags, canteens, and burlap sacks with first aid decals and the like. The fastpass machines also got these new decorations on them.
    Also, the new stained glass design on TLM looks great! I totally thought a clock was going there, but this is just fine.
    this is great news! i really want to see these changes. if anyone can get photos i'd be much obliged!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Nice, thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    Lovely. Looks really good, thanks for the pictures!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• =)

Looks very attractive and appropriate, I think. Thanks for posting!

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    But if u look at the pic from the first link, it shows scaffolding underneath the boardwalk coming out of the water. What in the world would that be for?
    The scaffolding there might relate to the boardwalk planks being replaced overhead. They might also be doing some painting on the wall down there. I think any work done on the wave machine would be done backstage or below the water, not up on scaffolding.

My guess is that they aren't going to run the wave machine any more because the waves would affect the WoC platform. Not that they would ruin it necessarily, but the constant motion would eventually produce unnecessary wear and stress on the hardware.

• Launch sequence engaged

Love that stained glass they installed! It gets me really excited for the marquee of the attraction and the glass doors.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Minion

Thank you for the Pics Dlandresortcalfan! The stained glass looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the big one installed on the front of the building. I think with TLM building is that they keep it nuetral except for the little details that will really make it pop.

@ Sir Didymus, thanks for sharing the info on Grizzly! I've love to see pics if anyone can get some.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    oh God she said Egypt inspired....here comes the "i told you so".......
    Pieces sure.. but people were trying to say the whole building was done in Egyptian style and that is simply not the case. Even then I think she was discussing the accessories (and colour) of the building more than the actual physical structure.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    The scaffolding there might relate to the boardwalk planks being replaced overhead. They might also be doing some painting on the wall down there. I think any work done on the wave machine would be done backstage or below the water, not up on scaffolding.

My guess is that they aren't going to run the wave machine any more because the waves would affect the WoC platform. Not that they would ruin it necessarily, but the constant motion would eventually produce unnecessary wear and stress on the hardware.
    Yes the scaffolding is directly related to the work up top. Nothing is happening below construction wise or anything else.

Yes. I think it goes without saying that this is Victorian architecture.

What kind of victorian? Oh, the kind with lots of winks and nods to Egyptian.

• Banned User

Wonderful Photos! The building looks so classy! can't imagine what the final product will look like in person.

LinkBacks (?)