Page 423 of 801 FirstFirst ... 323373398413420421422423424425426433448473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 12005

• Goofy

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by tahjvtec View Post
    Just rhode TLM double doors in the front is the entrance. Speed is slightly slower than mansion(not that noticeable) slight elevation change for the underwater sequence. Accompanied by cool air and visual effects. Ursula isnt as huge as was mentioned. Elevation change again at end of the ride. Brief review. Absolutely stunning building inside and out. but it is only a dark ride, just one of the better ones.

is the ride nice?

Its a "nice" compliment to dca. But like the mass majority here, im a sucker for the little things. Again, cant say enough about the positive impression this building will leave on you. Makes me anxious to check out the florida counterpart. For some reason it reminded me of the dark rides in fantasyland but with more technological advances of course. So to answer your question, it is indeed quite nice.

• Future Imagineer

^I am going to ask very simple questions. Did you enjoy the ride? What scenes stuck out in your mind the most? And the last one, did Ariel look good in the ride, compared to when we first saw the video on DisneyParks channel?

• Minion

Unfortunately, if you look in Macro's photos, they have started to repaint the Corn Dog Castle billboard. The top of the king's head is brighter, so it looks like there won't be a change.

TLM felt like a cross between Mansion and Peter Pan. Mansion is decades old but damn, it did so many things right. Underwater effects were "kinda" believable. Its a small space as most of you know and every nook was utilized. For me the smaller rooms where they focused on one or 2 AA was where the ride's technology shined. Weakest area was the under the sea circular room. Mansion made better use of its big scene room, "the graveyard". But then again, this was just a CM run through, an more than likely all the effects werent turned on. I hope that was the case for the under the sea musical number scene. The bright lights exposed way too many of the inner workings of that room. Think small world's visible ceiling tiles for example. Thats about it, talk to u all again in 2012.

• Future Imagineer

^^oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by tahjvtec View Post
    TLM felt like a cross between Mansion and Peter Pan. Mansion is decades old but damn, it did so many things right. Underwater effects were "kinda" believable. Its a small space as most of you know and every nook was utilized. For me the smaller rooms where they focused on one or 2 AA was where the ride's technology shined. Weakest area was the under the sea circular room. Mansion made better use of its big scene room, "the graveyard". But then again, this was just a CM run through, an more than likely all the effects werent turned on. I hope that was the case for the under the sea musical number scene. The bright lights exposed way too many of the inner workings of that room. Think small world's visible ceiling tiles for example. Thats about it, talk to u all again in 2012.
    Thank you for answering, I hope it will be great when I go, and it will be worth it.

• Banned User

A cross between Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan? sounds like a great ride!

Jeez louise stop being so negative in your review. "Oh, it was great but kinda terrible for these few insignificant things". Really?

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Unfortunately, if you look in Macro's photos, they have started to repaint the Corn Dog Castle billboard. The top of the king's head is brighter, so it looks like there won't be a change.
    I believe that was already like that. The original billboard had a "crown" that was attached over the picture to show the full crown:

You can see that they took it off. It is sitting on the scaffolding in this picture:

Note: When the billboard is replaced, it will probably be a poster that is attached to it. I doubt that they are going to hand paint something directly on to there. That is probably why we have not seen much progress on this except for the removal of the crown and the painting of the lights.
    Last edited by kibia16; 05-08-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Minion

^ Oh I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification!

Even removing the crown is a bit of an improvement.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    We don't have an exact date. Official completion date is August 29th, but rumors say they're trying to get it done by June 3rd to coincide with TLM opening.
    I hope this is true. It looks like the entrance is almost complete. There no way it should open on August 29.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Dream in wonderful color!

FI183 was able to ride TLM tonight!

imagineer183:

So I've ridden it 3 times so far, might ride it more, it's freakin AMAZING!!!!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

She is so lucky!!!!!

LinkBacks (?)