Page 424 of 801 FirstFirst ... 324374414421422423424425426427434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 12005

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

I can't wait to hear the report and thanks to the other members who gave reports

So, just read this on Twitter from Imagineer183 who I believe works in the park...

imagineer183 imagineer183

So I've ridden it 3 times so far, might ride it more, it's freakin AMAZING!!!!
    That is a review I like to hear.

They also have posted some more of their thoughts, but why not go to twitter to read them...imagineer183

• Banned User

Sounds amazing!!

• Banned User

I'm getting excited for The Little Mermaid! I'm going to try and not spoil it with videos before I see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    So, just read this on Twitter from Imagineer183 who I believe works in the park...

That is a review I like to hear.

They also have posted some more of their thoughts, but why not go to twitter to read them...imagineer183
    Yeah, she's a member here. She'll be back in this thread with more thoughts I'm sure.

What has me worried is the comparison to Fantasyland rides, not Haunted Mansion type rides. I hope I am pleasantly surprised though

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by JapanFan View Post
    What has me worried is the comparison to Fantasyland rides, not Haunted Mansion type rides. I hope I am pleasantly surprised though
    It's never been labeled as an E-ticket by Disney, unlike Radiator Springs Racers. It's my understanding that this is supposed to be a D-ticket attraction. Maybe D+ at best, but certainly not an E-ticket.

And I'm ok with that. DCA needs more rides like this.

• Dream in wonderful color!

I think the overall style will be similar to FL rides, but with the technology/scope of a bigger attraction like HM. Personally i'm glad it'll be in the same vein as Fantasyland rides because, dland lover said, DCA needs more of those I don't think it's anything to worry about.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Well most likely because Pirates and HM are totally different attractions. More elaborate, original set-ups, and Mermaid is reminiscent of the rides in Fantasyland just in the fact that it recalls the plot of an animated movie.

I'm sure the technology is much higher in quality that the FL ones.

• Banned User

Not sure why that would bother you? TLM is similar to a narrative style of the FL rides and you are essentially riding through the movie, which is what I take away from that comment. But the ride itself is clearly bigger and more technical than those rides just based on what we seen. The AAs are more advanced than the FL ones and nothing in FL has anything as big as the big 'Under the Sea' room so its a mixture of both. And TLM will be at least 6 mins long, same as HM, so thats a good sign as well.

Edit: This seems to happen a lot, but sometimes people make one comment that people dont agree with and there are like a half a dozen comments look like someone is being ambushed. PLEASE dont look at it that way, I think people are just saying what the difference is between TLM and FL rides but why that comparison is there. So I wouldnt worry, if it was a FL ride it WOULDNT cost $100 million lol and it would be a smaller ride like Monsters Inc is. Its not!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-08-2011 at 10:01 PM.

• Banned User

Loved the ride can't wait to see everyone's review!
    Last edited by FI183; 05-14-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Man it does feel like we've been waiting an eternity. I remember feeling the same way about Silly Symphony Swings and World of Color a year ago... slowly but surely

What I mean is that it's hard to know whether or not we're getting a ride more like Haunted Mansion, or something more like peter pan. Either way I'm still excited for it, and is something that DCA is sorely missing just like others have said.

• Senior Minion

What I mean is that it's hard to know whether or not we're getting a ride more like Haunted Mansion, or something more like peter pan. Either way I'm still excited for it, and is something that DCA is sorely missing just like others have said.
    I just don't really see how any story based attraction could ever compare to the experience driven Haunted Mansion. They are different beasts. But I expect that this will be one of the better executed animated story based attractions. Perhaps a more apt comparison would be does it compare well to some of the recent dark rides in TDL like the new Monsters Inc and their Pooh.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• AKA: Indyiluvu

So are they far enough along on construction to have the new gates open by June 3rd? I last heard they were opening after summer, is that not the case?

I assume if it does open in June that people will be funneled down the middle where part of the old gate has been removed? And from what I remember reading after labor day we will be entering the park and going behind Soarin and entering the park in condor flats. I think there will be a corridor of walls from condor flats to hollywood land, and I think that is why they are removing the patio and seating area now. Also I think the main path from bugs land to condor flats will be closed, and we will have to walk around through bugsland, or go the other way around the mountain past GRR to get to paradise pier. Does that sound right? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also are the new gates going to use biometric finger scanner like WDW?

Also I assume Blue Sky Cellar is going to get an overhaul soon? Any idea when? I would assume June 3rd at the latest?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

LinkBacks (?)