Page 425 of 801 FirstFirst ... 325375400415422423424425426427428435450475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 12005

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    Ok, so I got to ride it 6 times tonight! So OMG first and foremost, the Queue is just GORGEOUS! so unexpected! There's no fountain or statue in the middle of the rotunda, butthe floor is beautiful with a tile rim with sea creatures! The queue is very similar to the diagram I made, except you actually enter the building from the middle of the arch! The landscaping is so well implemented and your surrounded by it! Even in unexpected places! They went with the sea theme when choosing the right plants. The interior is very gorgeous with the walls painted with seaweed forms and such, the lights are beautiful and the floor is like adobe or something, very spanish! Kinda like a Mexican restaurant times a hundred! Being inside with the high ceiling and glass window it's just too much for words! And the mural! Omg it's amazing! Handpainted and lights in certain areas to give it highlights! Ariel even has a haloish light behind her, glimmering! It reminds me so much like the Peter Pan mural but much bigger!

The ride itself, I won't give too much away, but I was BLOWN away! I think the winners here are the small figures! Sebastian is so animated! They animate his eyes in the same way they did a recent animitronic! There is a surprising use of projections, but they are incorporated well. I will say the way they animated Ariel is VERY similar to the AA which I thought was a nice touch and brings it all together. SERIOUSLY, the preview video of the Ariel figure really did it no justice! She wasn't all shiny and creepy at all! And she had very fluid movements and looked EXACTLY like movie Ariel! My favorite scene was definately Ursula! But I loved the transition into her room! Nice little surprise. Ursula did have a lazy eye and some glitches, but I'm sure they'll be fixed before opening. I loved the decending and acending scenes! And the elevation change is definitely noticeable! Some scenes aren't like what was shown in the concept art, like the destruction of ursula and the finale scen but they were done very well! And the transition from final scene to loading area to me was VERY FL like, but in a good way! It was VERY immersive like Pirates! Especially the underwater scenes! They reminded me of the grotto/cavern scene from pirates! And it really feels like your underwater in some parts! I do wish it went slower, I guess lassater's suggestion wasn't implemented. In some scenes it felt like you were going too fast. I saw them do a few wheelchairs for practice and it's exactly like HM where they slow down and sometimes even stop the ride. The CMs werent wearing the actual costumes. Overall I give it 9.5/10! You guys will LOVE it!
    So what you are saying is you thought it was just okay?

Just kidding, glad you enjoyed it! You made me more excited to ride it now. Can you please go and ride ST so we can finally get a in-depth review on that? Well I dont really have any content questions, but how long would you say the ride is? I'm guessing if you rode it 6 times, you have a fair idea lol. Oh I do one have one question: Is the ending 'interactive' or whatever that means that was reported a long time ago? You dont have to give it away, I'm just curious if something actually happens at the end that changes each trip.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-08-2011 at 10:25 PM.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Ok, so I got to ride it 6 times tonight! So OMG first and foremost, the Queue is just GORGEOUS! so unexpected! There's no fountain or statue in the middle of the rotunda, butthe floor is beautiful with a tile rim with sea creatures! The queue is very similar to the diagram I made, except you actually enter the building from the middle of the arch! The landscaping is so well implemented and your surrounded by it! Even in unexpected places! They went with the sea theme when choosing the right plants. The interior is very gorgeous with the walls painted with seaweed forms and such, the lights are beautiful and the floor is like adobe or something, very spanish! Kinda like a Mexican restaurant times a hundred! Being inside with the high ceiling and glass window it's just too much for words! And the mural! Omg it's amazing! Handpainted and lights in certain areas to give it highlights! Ariel even has a haloish light behind her, glimmering! It reminds me so much like the Peter Pan mural but much bigger!

The ride itself, I won't give too much away, but I was BLOWN away! I think the winners here are the small figures! Sebastian is so animated! They animate his eyes in the same way they did a recent animitronic! There is a surprising use of projections, but they are incorporated well. I will say the way they animated Ariel is VERY similar to the AA which I thought was a nice touch and brings it all together. SERIOUSLY, the preview video of the Ariel figure really did it no justice! She wasn't all shiny and creepy at all! And she had very fluid movements and looked EXACTLY like movie Ariel! My favorite scene was definately Ursula! But I loved the transition into her room! Nice little surprise. Ursula did have a lazy eye and some glitches, but I'm sure they'll be fixed before opening. I loved the decending and acending scenes! And the elevation change is definitely noticeable! Some scenes aren't like what was shown in the concept art, like the destruction of ursula and the finale scen but they were done very well! And the transition from final scene to loading area to me was VERY FL like, but in a good way! It was VERY immersive like Pirates! Especially the underwater scenes! They reminded me of the grotto/cavern scene from pirates! And it really feels like your underwater in some parts! I do wish it went slower, I guess lassater's suggestion wasn't implemented. In some scenes it felt like you were going too fast. I saw them do a few wheelchairs for practice and it's exactly like HM where they slow down and sometimes even stop the ride. The CMs werent wearing the actual costumes. Overall I give it 9.5/10! You guys will LOVE it!
    Thank you so much! I am just too excited!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Is it better than Golden Dreams??

yeah, i'm kidding. although i'll admit i'm one of the lonely few who misses GD. but this sounds like a pretty good replacement
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

FI183 you are so FREAKING LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how long is the ride??? is it longer than HM?
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

I would say it's roughly 6 mins.
    Last edited by FI183; 05-14-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Noticed as I was leaving DCA today that the green/red lights and exit signs are removed and cheaper, temporary ones are there. Looks like they are getting ready to remove the rest of the turnstiles, my guess is it will be before summer.

• Banned User

I also thought the phrases the CMs used were funny and cheesy! LOL

"Please swim this way!"

"Please pull down your sandbar!"

"Ahoy! Welcome to TLM!"

Oh, I forgot to note, the marquee isn't glass from behind. Idk if it's temporary or permanet, but it had a layer of clay, so I couldn't really make out the mural.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeM45 View Post
    Noticed as I was leaving DCA today that the green/red lights and exit signs are removed and cheaper, temporary ones are there. Looks like they are getting ready to remove the rest of the turnstiles, my guess is it will be before summer.
    It's been like that for a while now. But yeah, thats an indication, along with the new entrance being painted now, that the new entrance might be done in June. Wonder when they'll install the park name on it. The concept art shows the name on the entrance.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

I just saw a really great looking painting by Disney collectible designer and artist Jody Daily for a Toy Story art show in SoCal. It's in the style of a 30's/40's movie poster.

It's really beautiful and I was thinking that this would be really nice to use for both themeing, but also for purchase at DCA.

What do you guys think?

Kevin Kidney: Jody paints Pixar

i rode 6 times too! the people there thought i was crazy or something lol. its visually and immersive ride experience the loading area reminded me of a fantasyland type ride.. i feel the ride is what california adventure has been missing its going to be a instant hit. they did really good on this one i think everyone will be pleased! when i read F183 comment on 900 i rode down there and showed them my id and they let me in i was amazed. so i owe a thank you to F183 that made my night!

• Forgotten Spirit

It makes me realize, when I moved to California last May, Ariel's Undersea Adventure was a mere steel skeleton...now it's all grown up ready to be shown off.

Though I have always been optimistic that TLM was going to be a great new attraction, I have to say I am greatly relieved it is getting such good reviews from CMs.

Can't wait to hop on it next month and even to wait in what sounds like a great queue.

• I'm not really here

Sounds like the Ariel AA turned out just fine in the end.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by JapanFan View Post
    What I mean is that it's hard to know whether or not we're getting a ride more like Haunted Mansion, or something more like peter pan. Either way I'm still excited for it, and is something that DCA is sorely missing just like others have said.
    Sounds like it fits squarely in the middle of those two rides, with a ride time that is twice that of Peter Pan. D+ all the way and looks to become one of DCA's top 5 rides.

• Banned User

FI I'm going to use some of your posts JUST as an example. I'm not directly replying to your post, but using it to prove something.

Before I do that, THank you for posting your thoughts on it. Seems like it's a great ride, and a surefire hit for DCA.

I will say the way they animated Ariel is VERY similar to the AA which I thought was a nice touch and brings it all together. SERIOUSLY, the preview video of the Ariel figure really did it no justice! She wasn't all shiny and creepy at all! And she had very fluid movements and looked EXACTLY like movie Ariel!
    This part of FI's post proves something.

When the first video of Ariel came out, many people complained that the Ariel AA looked terrible, and unimpressive. But these people failed to realize before posting that

1) She was under NO stage lights, which she is designed to be under. She was under the same old industrial lights in any old warehouse building.
    2) She wasn't close to being in anywhere close to show mode.

With that, they deemed her bad, and feared Disney made a wrong move with her hair and such.

Well, NOW we have a review (rather trustworthy review, mind you) and FI is saying it looks great.
    WHY does it look great? Because she's in her 'natural' position.
    My whole point with this is that there are often too many times people jump the gun to freak out over something and think it's not going to be good, when really the videos/photos are backstage, and not in the 'natural' spot that these AA's, etc are supposed to be in.
    Lesson to learn: take a step back from what you're seeing, look at the clear and obvious things in front of you, and remember that it's not the final project.

LinkBacks (?)