Page 427 of 801 FirstFirst ... 327377417424425426427428429430437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    There's a lot of people that follow the parks blog on facebook, so all the "official" sneak peeks get posted there. Twitter too.

8,949,774 like their facebook page at the moment
    I had no idea. That's great. But I can't find this Facebook page - do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I agree with WarningSLO. Walt even did this on television with the Pirates attraction coming up at the time. He showed parts that were unfinished and stuff that was being worked on. Disney in my opinion had done nothing different than Walt did 40 plus years ago.
    Yep, Walt was blogging before blogging and on a grand scale. People love to be part of the process. For instance Peter Jackson is posting behind the scenes videos while he is shooting "the Hobbit".

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I had no idea. That's great. But I can't find this Facebook page - do you have a link?
    It's actually the Disneyland facebook page, but all the parks blog posts get linked there.

https://www.facebook.com/Disneyland
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    There's a lot of people that follow the parks blog on facebook, so all the "official" sneak peeks get posted there. Twitter too.

8,949,774 like their facebook page at the moment
    Yeah thats the beauty of the internet! I watched DCA's construction for years thanks to sites like this on the other side of the world! I knew more about what was going on than people who lived 30 mins from the place! Truth is there will naturally more people like us who follow it online than people who go to the parks often. And now since Disney themselves are becoming more active with the sneak peaks online its even more fun. I notice the Disney blog use to post things every few days when it first came around. Now it seems to have several articles daily, everything from the latest construction news, to trivia, best places to eat, etc.

But yeah its still mostly an active audience, i.e., people who go looking for this stuff, so you can still show up and have no clue of everyting that is going on at the parks. But these days, its really hard NOT to be informed if you want to be. I'm old enough to remember we would have to call the park when I was a kid and asked them what time did the park close that day and what rides were closed before we went that day just to be prepared! Heck I still remember planning my first WDW trip using the Birbum Disney vacation guide from the library.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    im so thrilled to hear that the ride is amazing! cant wait to ride it. but one question though regarding the ariel animatronic we saw in the disneyparks blog video. For me, it wasnt so much the shininess of the animatronic, cuz i understand it looks different under show lighting, there was just something for me that was OFF about her face. it didnt look proportionate or it didnt seem like it had the right shape as the animated version. I think part of it was it seemed her lips were too small and not red or plump enough and if i remember correctly she didnt have eyebrows. Does the animatronic ariel we saw in the video look different now? r the added details there?
    The video showed her incomplete.
    Last edited by FI183; 05-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.

• Banned User

Oh and Under the Sea Ariel looked great!
    Last edited by FI183; 05-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    Oh and Under the Sea Ariel didn't look spaztastic like in the video, she's more fluid, but I still don't really like the swirl cone hair.
    Were your fellow CMs impressed with this attraction as well? did you hear mostly positive feedback?

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Were your fellow CMs impressed with this attraction as well? did you hear mostly positive feedback?
    That's a good question that I would love to hear the answer too.

• Banned User

I would say definitely! They all loved the attraction and I wasn't the only one who rode it more than once. There were a few of my coworkers that were iffy about it or thought one ride was enough, but from my experience the reaction was pretty positive!

• Banned User

Wow you people sure do love to complain don't you. They showed the Ariel in the Disney Parks video cos they were showing the sophistication of the AA's used in the ride. How could anyone see that and go "oh it looks soo fake, skins too shiny". Christ, where have you been soo spoiled!? After rides like Monsters Inc where the characters hardly move, just shake from side to side, does a slightly shiny Ariel not awe-inspire you?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    Wow you people sure do love to complain don't you. They showed the Ariel in the Disney Parks video cos they were showing the sophistication of the AA's used in the ride. How could anyone see that and go "oh it looks soo fake, skins too shiny". Christ, where have you been soo spoiled!? After rides like Monsters Inc where the characters hardly move, just shake from side to side, does a slightly shiny Ariel not awe-inspire you?
    No need to be rude. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    No need to be rude. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Thanks, I wanted to say something similar.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    Well its nothing wrong to complain when its valid, but in this case it was pretty silly! I cant believe after seeing this company work for over 50 years, people were remotely paniced about it. But believe me, I and others said its a work in progress and they call it a PREVIEW for a reason. Some people who even knew it wasnt finished complained that Disney shouldnt even release a video of their unfinished work, as if people dont have the choice to click on it or not.

BUT, the way some people react to this stuff, maybe they shouldnt show this stuff early. Doesnt matter to me eitherway, I just think its cool when we do get inside peeks of WORK IN PROGRESS and dont nitpick the stuff since I figure they know what they are doing more than any of us.

Hi! I just want to know a few things like the Ursala destruction part of the ride. How was that? Like I never understood that. lol But also Im sooo happy that Ariel turned out good. And I do admit she did look creepy lol

btw I'm new so I don't know how things work on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by BriEcho3194 View Post
    Hi! I just want to know a few things like the Ursala destruction part of the ride. How was that? Like I never understood that. lol But also Im sooo happy that Ariel turned out good. And I do admit she did look creepy lol

btw I'm new so I don't know how things work on here lol
    Welcome to MC! I'm pretty new too! People here are generally very welcome and open-listeners! Enjoy the endless hours of disney discussion!

LinkBacks (?)