Page 47 of 801 FirstFirst ... 223744454647484950577297147547 ... LastLast

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

^ Thanks for the link! Some very good construction shots there.

I really like that they're doing the custodial art at DCA, that's something they did at WDW a while back.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cd637 View Post
    New photo update from Disneyland Resort Report: Disneyland Resort Report: Construction Land
    That "water drawing" of Goofy is shockingly good. Almost beats World of Color!
    Need magic?

I think the Aladdin scene should stay! I am all up for dumping Genie, and adding Tangled in right after Aladdin, or right before Aladdin, but I don't want it to leave. I would be fine if they put tangled in and then added the old version from testing of Aladdin and Going the Distance, and this would also create more new material to draw people back. I just think the Aladdin scene has some of the best usage of color with the fountains, and with images on the mist screens. I love the fact the castle is paper, and that there is sand art I believe in use as well. It's goes so well with the purples and pinks, and just is really a beautiful scene. Genie on the other hand is cool, but I feel like its a lot like the Under the Sea scene with one or two little new things added into it. I don't think an entire 4-6 minutes scene from tangled is justified as a good replacement for two different songs in the show.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by FloFelix View Post
    That "water drawing" of Goofy is shockingly good. Almost beats World of Color!
    Yeah, it's very cool. I'm not sure if they still do it at WDW, but it's nice to see it here at DLR.

The blog had a write-up about this, with a video of how its done:

Brooms, Water Create Unexpected Disney Art Disney Parks Blog
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• =)

Wow, I'd never seen that before...quite impressive. Can't be easy to do that with a broom, haha...

EDIT: One thing I especially like about it is the sort of...bristly look it has, because of the way the broom is bound together near the bottom. Makes it look both neat and organic.
    Last edited by Datameister; 02-05-2011 at 01:03 AM.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

How long until someone slips in it, sues, and Disney bans it? Welcome to America.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• =)

I hope not. =/

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    How long until someone slips in it, sues, and Disney bans it? Welcome to America.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Interesting how some people can be off topic in this thread.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Interesting how some people can be off topic in this thread.
    Sssssshhhhh, now your going to start a debate about how off-topic we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

I love the water drawing. "That's pure Disney fashion" as my father would say.
    @Monorailorange

• Nutty about Disney parks

To get back on topic:

I'm not big on the shameless incorporation of old time Mickey N Friends into the shops that will be in BVS (Clarabelle's, Horace's, etc). The old time Mickey is already being represented in Paradise Pier with the Fun Wheel and SSS. Wouldn't this just be overkill?

Also, I'm surprised that they're adding so many shops to BVS. They need to put in place at least one actual sit down restaraunt either in here or in Hollywoodland. DCA is in real need of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    To get back on topic:

I'm not big on the shameless incorporation of old time Mickey N Friends into the shops that will be in BVS (Clarabelle's, Horace's, etc). The old time Mickey is already being represented in Paradise Pier with the Fun Wheel and SSS. Wouldn't this just be overkill?

Also, I'm surprised that they're adding so many shops to BVS. They need to put in place at least one actual sit down restaraunt either in here or in Hollywoodland. DCA is in real need of them.
    most of the changes to BVS seem to be one to one with each area of DCA's stores simply being rethemed rather then replaced.

Also Carthay will hold a sitdown resturant.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Disneyman

Sorry if this has already been linked. It's a quick rundown of the last 10 years of DCA:

Disney California Adventure marks 10 years - Around Disney - The Orange County Register
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Still lost in Neverland

I don't think having the old pie eyed black & white characters in DCA is shameless at all. Based on that all the characters in Disneyland would be shameless incorporation. I would really like to see Oswald the Lucky Rabbit become the Official Mascot for DCA and Mickey Mouse the Official Mascot for Disneyland. They can do black and white old time characters (see Mickey Mouse as Steamboat Willie in Fantasmic!). The time period of BVS, Hollywood Land and the Pier area are all for that look in the characters.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

LinkBacks (?)