Page 50 of 801 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100150550 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 12005
  1. #736

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI







  2. #737

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,879

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Great photos Ron, thanks! I like your updates because they are non-fluff and to the point - here are photos of updated construction projects.

    This is really terrible theming! I can't believe they are going to leave that one section orange. WDI is really going downhill. It's pretty obvious this is the final paint scheme and it's really disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post

    Yeah, I'm joking.

  3. #738

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    I am really curious if this fountain that used to be at Disneyland will adorn the top of the new Mermaid attraction at DCA. It certainly LOOKS like the one in the artwork at the BSC!

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/...feafda.jpg?v=0

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3328/...3a2f42.jpg?v=0

  4. #739

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Thank you Ron for another great update!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    I am really curious if this fountain that used to be at Disneyland will adorn the top of the new Mermaid attraction at DCA. It certainly LOOKS like the one in the artwork at the BSC!

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/...feafda.jpg?v=0

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3328/...3a2f42.jpg?v=0
    Interesting - looking at them side by side, they definitely look like the same piece!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  5. #740

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    588

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Thanks Ron,
    those are some great pictures, and you answered almost all of the questions I have had all week with those pictures.

    Now I am only left wondering about the animation videos, and the color of the life vest this week,

  6. #741

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    588

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    I have thought that they would reuse the triton statue myself, it is nice when Disney incorporates parts of defunct rides/entertainment areas from the past into new rides, aka country bears in pooh, and parking lot sign in indy...etc

  7. #742

    • AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    981

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    So has anyone confirmed if the restaurant in the Carthay Theater will be open to the public, or private like club 33? I hope it will be open to all, also hoping for a display type area similar to the opera house where they can change out art / exhibits. Lincoln and the Opera house and Gallery add so much more nice atmosphere to main street, it would be nice to have something similar on BVS.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  8. #743

    • AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    981

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Close up video of animated map from Mintcrocodile

    Magic Eye: Blue Sky Cellar - Animated Wall Map
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  9. #744

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Thanks Ron,
    those are some great pictures, and you answered almost all of the questions I have had all week with those pictures.

    Now I am only left wondering about the animation videos, and the color of the life vest this week,
    CMs at the attraction are reportedly telling guests that the Animation updates will be ready by March. I think this might be a more substantial upgrade than just switching out the movie loop.. Why else it would it take this long?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    I have thought that they would reuse the triton statue myself, it is nice when Disney incorporates parts of defunct rides/entertainment areas from the past into new rides, aka country bears in pooh, and parking lot sign in indy...etc
    Ummmmm () I recently heard that it won't be a private restaurant. Just a fine-dining table restaurant -- something I think Buena Vista St. needs.
    Last edited by nonob88; 02-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  10. #745

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    911

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    I have thought that they would reuse the triton statue myself, it is nice when Disney incorporates parts of defunct rides/entertainment areas from the past into new rides, aka country bears in pooh, and parking lot sign in indy...etc
    Yes but you see those are references to what was there before the ride like Pooh took over CBs and Indy took over Eeyore Parking lot, but Ariel didn't take over the fountains so it wouldn't be a tribute to what was there before. But if you just mean you like that they're using something from a yesterland thing, I think it's cool too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    So has anyone confirmed if the restaurant in the Carthay Theater will be open to the public, or private like club 33? I hope it will be open to all, also hoping for a display type area similar to the opera house where they can change out art / exhibits. Lincoln and the Opera house and Gallery add so much more nice atmosphere to main street, it would be nice to have something similar on BVS.
    A gallery or display thing would be so cool there. But what would they show if Disneyland already has one?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.--Albert Einstein

  11. #746

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    So has anyone confirmed if the restaurant in the Carthay Theater will be open to the public, or private like club 33? I hope it will be open to all, also hoping for a display type area similar to the opera house where they can change out art / exhibits. Lincoln and the Opera house and Gallery add so much more nice atmosphere to main street, it would be nice to have something similar on BVS.
    No confirmation.

    I am betting money it will be a high end PUBLIC dining facility. Time will tell.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  12. #747

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    People get all bent out of shape because DCA is getting a "fine dining restaurant", but yet have no problem with Disneyland having its little exclusive restaurant like Club33,which has a 15 year waiting list and you either have to be uber rich or something famous to get in. Im so sick of the double standard. If its good enough for DL, its good enough for DCA.

  13. #748

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    98

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    What's wrong with Disneyland keeping the tradition of the private club that Walt created for him and his guests?
    -boy33

    Twitter: @boy33

  14. #749

    • LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    CMs at the attraction are reportedly telling guests that the Animation updates will be ready by March. I think this might be a more substantial upgrade than just switching out the movie loop.. Why else it would it take this long?



    Ummmm, I recently heard that it won't be a private restaurant. Just a fine-dining table restaurant -- something I think Buena Vista St. needs.
    That's what I've been thinking.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

  15. #750

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    What's wrong with Disneyland keeping the tradition of the private club that Walt created for him and his guests?
    And whats wrong with continuing that tradition in the new park (DCA) ? Walt had no problem with fine -dining exclusive restaurants in his parks, afterall he put one in Disneyland. So why is it so horrible to have one in DCA?

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9944
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •