Page 502 of 801 FirstFirst ... 2402452477492499500501502503504505512527552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 12005

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Alright it's done, yea not the greatest but I guess it'll do for now.
    http://youtu.be/PEJAVPJenaQ
    Umm... no. Just.. no. It's just a whiz-bang section that's way too long and feels way out of place compared to the rest of the show. The music style doesn't fit the show, and not to mention it just feels like a commercial for the movie- almost physically removed from the show. It just doesn't feel right. I want the original sections back, please. They evoked that sense of epic-ness without feeling like forced synergy.

And this isn't just my attachment to those other sections speaking here. The effects are cool, but I just really don't like this section. If they're going to swap segments out, they need to make sure they 100% fit in every aspect, or they need to not do it at all. There's so much more I can't quantify with words.. just that I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    It seems to be pretty technilogically cool from the video but I'm a little bothered that it seems to have sacrificed some of the show's story and build up and now isn't as climactic. Anyone who has seen the show; would you agree? They removed so many villain scenes that the flow just seems off to me. What happened to the story? There now isn't enough of a takeover of evil to make the transformation scene feel as triumphant! Plus all that wonderful musical score is now gone. As great as this may be, I hope it's temporary and that they bring back the original segments and music with some beefed up technology built into them.
    I agree whole-heartedly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    It seems to be pretty technilogically cool from the video but I'm a little bothered that it seems to have sacrificed some of the show's story and build up and now isn't as climactic. Anyone who has seen the show; would you agree? They removed so many villain scenes that the flow just seems off to me. What happened to the story? There now isn't enough of a takeover of evil to make the transformation scene feel as triumphant! Plus all that wonderful musical score is now gone. As great as this may be, I hope it's temporary and that they bring back the original segments and music with some beefed up technology built into them.

Agreed whole heartedly as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Umm... no. Just.. no. It's just a whiz-bang section that's way too long and feels way out of place compared to the rest of the show. The music style doesn't fit the show, and not to mention it just feels like a commercial for the movie- almost physically removed from the show. It just doesn't feel right. I want the original sections back, please. They evoked that sense of epic-ness without feeling like forced synergy.

And this isn't just my attachment to those other sections speaking here. The effects are cool, but I just really don't like this section. If they're going to swap segments out, they need to make sure they 100% fit in every aspect, or they need to not do it at all. There's so much more I can't quantify with words.. just that I don't like it.
    When you hear the original score, you can tell so easily that is one because of certain instruments (such as flutes and strings) that really lent a cohesive, emotional feel to the show. This new section really disjoints all of that even more.

That was incredible. It's a little slow in the beginning but I love this ending more than the original. Overal great job, it's hard to see in the videos so far the rest of the CS infastructure but I love what I see. The score, the use of characters, mermaids and the ending mostly. Bravo.

Good to know they are using the effects in the finale. Can't wait to see a full video of the show. I knew they couldn't just use them for the POTC segment, it is an incredible effect.

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Please read the last couple of pages/posts and you would know that there
    is no change at the end and preclude the need to repeat myself
    Last edited by SidVicious; 05-21-2011 at 12:17 AM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

It's a great scene... for an encore.

Way too long and way too forced to be actually in the show

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Agreed whole heartedly as well.
    Unfortunately, me too.

• A Disney Examineer

Another video of the new Pirates Segment from another POV, plus a short few seconds of the lasers used in the finale.

• Yeah.....

Trust me, It was much better in person. The flow of the show didn't seem interrupted at all. Yeah it sucks that hellfire and the chernabog are gone (only for the summer), but I always thought those moments were kinda bordering on almost too dramatic....to the point where it seemed like it was being lost on the majority of the audience. The pirates upgrade managed to mix in the perfect amount of excitement, fright, power, intensity, and even humor into the dramatic display that I think will meld just right with the summer clientele. Heck, the new segment got one doozy of an ovation tonight at the 10:15 show. This is one addition I definitely wouldn't pass judgement on until having the opportunity to view it in person.

Another thing about the show tonight, we were able to view the show in its entirety from along the backside of the parade route, right up against TLM. Amazing view from back there away from all the madness. But in talking to a CM, we found out that it was only set up like this for the time being, so only like the rest of this week while the cast previews for TLM finish up. They honestly don't know if the setup will last once the ride is up and running for good, so enjoy the view while you can.

4 trips on TLM today....totally blew me away in every way possible!

ehh... the new Pirates scene was really amazing from a technical pov, they are really stretching the legs of all the tech in the setup for the show now, and I do like the idea of updating the show, but I agree... I really don't think this scene fit right... I've always kind of felt like that with the Pirates being in the show at all because I find it kind of jarring to go from a show that up until that point was only animation... then suddenly be live action. I think they should have cut original pirates segment... put something new in, maybe a Tangled segment, or Princess and the Frog, since they could really build on the evil part of the show with that, and then at the end have the Pirates segment perform a "Mutiny" on the show... kinda like how Tron "hacked" the show. I think this would be worlds better for pacing.

• Banned User

Wow so far mixed reviews for it! Have not seen a single frame and dont expect to until I see it in person, but for people who didnt like it IN the show, if it stands alone, how would you rate it then?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Wow so far mixed reviews for it! Have not seen a single frame and dont expect to until I see it in person, but for people who didnt like it IN the show, if it stands alone, how would you rate it then?
    I haven't seen it in person... but to me the new scene just doesn't have the same mood as the hellfire/villains sequence that it replaced did so it kinda throws the show off a bit. As a standalone encore I think it could have been great, it really shows off the WoC technology, so this still could have been achieved without ruining the mood arc of the show.

• Banned User

Incredible!!! WOC is still proving to be a Fantasmic killer. This new summer scene is jawdropping.Its just for summer, enjoy it while its here, hell fire will return.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 05-21-2011 at 06:54 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Since I'm not a fan of the new Pirates movie (I'm off-put by some things I've seen in previews, and besides- this is something for discussion in another thread.. if I were going to discuss it :P), so I'm not a fan of this scene at all, pretty much.

As I viewed the new sequence last night I will add, while the sequence is good in the video, it is much more intense and impacting in person. The crowd reaction was great! The fire is incredible and deliberately executed to top "hellfire". To me it is a welcome change, even though I did love Firebird, Hellfire, and NOBM. And to put all of you that are left less than impressed to ease, remember its only temporary.

I saw the new potc scene of world of color and was standing right up front. I would seriously give it a 10/10 i mean the feeling, the music, the effects, and the way it was done. You just get that feeling like your part of it somehow. You get the chills of excitement. Although i could just be getting that feeling, because we are seeing something new. But it definitely made WOC more exciting. Besides all the thoughts of it feeling like a commercial or it seems out of place. Im not going to really get into that, because if you have watched the new POTC movie then you would embrace the new scene and how well they incorpated in WOC. Obviously if you didnt then people would think its advertissing to them. I would say though it is kinda weird how mostly everything in WOC is animation and POTC is full out real people from the movie, but no one is really thinking like when your actually there to WITNESS it in person.

because it is just flat out amazing

LinkBacks (?)