Page 51 of 801 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101151551 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Yeah, it's very cool. I'm not sure if they still do it at WDW, but it's nice to see it here at DLR.

The blog had a write-up about this, with a video of how its done:

Brooms, Water Create Unexpected Disney Art Disney Parks Blog
    They do it at WDW still. Never seen it at the DLR. I imagine because the ambient humidity tends to be higher in Florida the drawings last longer.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    And whats wrong with continuing that tradition in the new park (DCA) ? Walt had no problem with fine -dining exclusive restaurants in his parks, afterall he put one in Disneyland. So why is it so horrible to have one in DCA?
    Or why not have both a public restaurant that has a large public space and a smaller private area for club 33 members.

And whats wrong with continuing that tradition in the new park (DCA) ? Walt had no problem with fine -dining exclusive restaurants in his parks, afterall he put one in Disneyland. So why is it so horrible to have one in DCA?
    If they did, it would be interesting to see if they would make it the same membership as club 33 or a separate one?

Also if it was open to club 33 members would they allow folks from the waiting list to join since there would be more space?

Would club 33 members take a snobby attitude to a new restaurant, even if it was the same quality but did not have the long history to back it up?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    If they did, it would be interesting to see if they would make it the same membership as club 33 or a separate one?

Also if it was open to club 33 members would they allow folks from the waiting list to join since there would be more space?

Would club 33 members take a snobby attitude to a new restaurant, even if it was the same quality but did not have the long history to back it up?
    It doesnt take a new restaurant for some Club33ers to be snobby, many of them act like they are Gods gift.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 02-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Can anybody tell me what that green and blue thing is in the center of this photo? Is it one of the new trains for Goofy's Sky School, is it part of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train or something else?

Thanks!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Regardless there needs to me more fine dining establishments in DCA. The most expensive place you can eat there is a character dining restaurant. DCA deserves more class than that. Anywhere in BVS or Hollywoodland would be perfect for this. The Cars restaurant would just be too much of a clone of the SciFi Restaurant in DHS.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Can anybody tell me what that green and blue thing is in the center of this photo? Is it one of the new trains for Goofy's Sky School, is it part of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train or something else?

Thanks!
    It's part of Heimlich's Chew-Chew train

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Regardless there needs to me more fine dining establishments in DCA. The most expensive place you can eat there is a character dining restaurant. DCA deserves more class than that. Anywhere in BVS or Hollywoodland would be perfect for this. The Cars restaurant would just be too much of a clone of the SciFi Restaurant in DHS.
    There's the Wine Country Trattoria as well, but that's farther away in the Winery area. A sit-down restaurant would be great near the entrance or Hollywood.

And I certainly wouldn't classify the SciFi restaurant as fine-dining.. The Cars restaurant has reportedly been put on-hold, I'd love to see it when/if Phase 2 gets approved.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Wine Country Trattoria may be nice, but the food isn't great. I mean, for a higher class....looking Italian restaurant, they should get some of the AMAZING chefs from the Disney Cruise Line to make a new menu and cook the food.
    Last edited by SS77; 02-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    There's the Wine Country Trattoria as well, but that's farther away in the Winery area. A sit-down restaurant would be great near the entrance or Hollywood.

And I certainly wouldn't classify the SciFi restaurant as fine-dining.. The Cars restaurant has reportedly been put on-hold, I'd love to see it when/if Phase 2 gets approved.
    Wine Country Trattoria is not fine dining. There were two fine dining establishments in DCA: The Vineyard Room above the Wine Country Trattoria and Wolfgang Puck's Avalon Cove, now Ariel's Grotto.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Wine Country Trattoria is not fine dining. There were two fine dining establishments in DCA: The Vineyard Room above the Wine Country Trattoria and Wolfgang Puck's Avalon Cove, now Ariel's Grotto.
    Yeah, I meant full table-service restaurant. There's plenty of quick service locations throughout the park but we need bigger restaurants like Ariel's Grotto or the Trattoria. The Soap Opera Bistro was fun (never got to try the food), it's a shame it's no longer around.

Is the Vineyard Room still closed?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Disney Fan & Musician

About the water broomstick art, TDR does it all the time.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

No one said it was horrible. They just said that they hope the restaurant is open to the public. Good lord.

• Minion

this is pretty interesting. it shows the layout for Buena Vista Street. the stores and etc.

LaughingPlace.com: View Picture

• is too darn hot.

I guess it is Big Top Toys. That's depressing.

LinkBacks (?)