Page 524 of 801 FirstFirst ... 24424474499514521522523524525526527534549574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 12005

• Carbon based

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    Funny how you say that, you do know that same imagineers who designed TDS are a big part of this expansion, right?
    They even recycled some components from Mermaid Lagoon into The Little Mermaid: smart!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    I just got some twitter updates today about more opinions on TLM... "supremely disappointed" and "on par with Monsters Inc." were the words tossed around. This ride could not be anymore polarizing.
    Unless we know their expectations and beliefs we have no way of how to take those remarks.

- They might dislike rides based on films
    - They might feel that only a 'Potter Killer' is worth building
    - They might feel it should be more realistic
    - They might feel that there should only be 'D' or 'E' Tickets
    - They might dislike the simpler figures in the Under the Sea scene
    - They might just hate it being a 'girl' ride
    - They might have wished for a thrill ride
    - Maybe they expected the simulated version from the DVD

Who knows?

• Established 2005

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I understood everything it was telling me when I entered Mermaid Lagoon, and since its not one attraction and several attractions in the Lagoon it worked out really well how nicely it was themed and the show within the lagoon was fun and filled with great artistry and music. Comparing The little mermaid here to Mermaid Lagoon at TDS is impossible since you are comparing a port/land to one attraction. Alot of the same Imagineers have worked on both parks and they could look at TDS for inspiration on maybe some of the show scenes but I assume thats where the similarities stop. I am excited that this truly a great family attraction for DCA, and its not interactive like midway mania or buzz I am glad the new era of dca is ushering a mix of new attractions both classic , modern and futuristic in approach

I assume this was meant toward my quote. I did not say that Mermaid Lagoon's story was confusing and rushed. I said that the storyline of the show IN Mermaid Lagoon was. That was the comparison made.

Regardless, I cannot wait to sit my butt in a clamshell and take in the beautiful new attraction given to us. I will try my hardest not to pick it apart. . .at least not on the first pass through.

• Established 2005

Any photos from today of Paradise Gardens? So much is happening there on a daily basis. . .with Mint's update done for the week, I don't know where to turn for my fix!!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Unless we know their expectations and beliefs we have no way of how to take those remarks.

- They might dislike rides based on films
    - They might feel that only a 'Potter Killer' is worth building
    - They might feel it should be more realistic
    - They might feel that there should only be 'D' or 'E' Tickets
    - They might dislike the simpler figures in the Under the Sea scene
    - They might just hate it being a 'girl' ride
    - They might have wished for a thrill ride
    - Maybe they expected the simulated version from the DVD

Who knows?
    Again, I posted this: In the person's defense, he did say "I was not expecting an E-ticket knock-my-socks-off spectacular, just a quality dark ride. Which I did not get."

They're well-knowledgeable in the world of Disney theme parks. I don't just follow random guests who are friends of CMs who know nothing. Not saying this validates his opinion, but he's certainly an insider/fan like us.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Again, I posted this: In the person's defense, he did say "I was not expecting an E-ticket knock-my-socks-off spectacular, just a quality dark ride. Which I did not get."

They're well-knowledgeable in the world of Disney theme parks. I don't just follow random guests who are friends of CMs who know nothing. Not saying this validates his opinion, but he's certainly an insider/fan like us.
    Sorry about that GoldenState, missed part of the story there.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Good news from Al Lutz -- an update on what the plans are for the 'backside' of Cars Land

Read the full entry here:

MiceChat Round-Up - MiceAge.com

A lot of you have been asking about what are they going to do to theme the back of the huge Disney California Adventure Cars Land rock backdrop, in particular those areas adjacent to Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier. As always, take note that any of this may be subject to change, but so far here's what to expect...

As I understand it, at around thirteen stories tall and 280,000 square feet, the rockwork that makes up Cars Land is the largest mountain structure that Disney has ever built in any of its parks around the world. The artistic goal of the huge structure is not just to recreate the Cadillac Range backdrop of Radiator Springs, but to also block out the views of modern Anaheim that have plagued DCA since it opened. The front of the rock work is almost completely done with the hand shaping, and about halfway through with the painting, as the backside remains an open steel grid to allow access to the inserts that support the catwalks along the front side.

Once the front of the massive facade is finished later this summer, the Imagineers assigned to the rock work will then turn their attention to finishing off the backside. As seen from the Pacific Wharf dining area, the rock work that creates the look of a hood and hood ornament will blend around the eastern wall into a less cartoonish rocky cliff that extends due south. That same rock wall will then form a rocky sea bluff that looms above the east end of the Paradise Pier boardwalk.

What hasn't been decided is how Imagineering and Disneyland's entertainment department will handle the dowdy stucco float warehouse that parallels that rocky bluff. That float warehouse was thrown up quickly in early 2002 to house the Electrical Parade that was brought back from the dead in a panic during the summer of '01, as the floats were still being stored backstage under tents. Since DCA's original float warehouse behind California Screamin' is now being eyed as an expansion pad for a future attraction show building, the Entertainment team considers the warehouse behind Cars Land as their long term home. Everyone realizes it has to be reskinned, but the exact artistic treatment hasn't been decided yet.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

It is nice to at least hear something about the backside of water...err I mean rock.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    That's what I meant. Some people aren't tall enough for Star Tours, and others simply don't like thrill rides. Which is why I think it is great to launch both at the same time, to satisfy both sides of the ride demographics.
    And I think WOC has one giant platform that can be split into three, or it is split in three.
    Thank you for answering my question and I do understand what you said but still appreciate you clarifying it. I just figured since I was posting anyways I might as well point out that Star Tours too is a pretty family friendly ride but yes it's great to have the rides opening together to fulfill as many fans desires as possible.

While on the topic of Star Tours...I'm going to go out on a limb and assume (even tho I know what assuming makes out of you and me) that the height requirement for Star Tours 2 is the same as it was before the enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    Wow, I guess some people were expecting too much, or just can't enjoy a ride. I hate seeing reviews like that.
    I think expecting too much is problem with many of the negative reviews. Not just of TLM but in general.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    an update on what the plans are for the 'backside' of Cars Land
    And everyone was so worried.

With regards to TLM, a good ride is like a good film. Everyone will feel differently about it. Different things will stand out to different people and while one may not like it at all, others may love it. The key is to not try and put your own opinion onto others. Just because you love it or dislike it doesn't mean others will or have to. Don't be saddened by negative reviews and don't be credulous of really great reviews. Remember that these reviews are from people who honestly and sincerely feel that way... form your own feelings and thoughts about it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I don't get the comment on par with Monster's Inc...I know everyone has different opinions but I simply cannot understand how an attraction with at LEAST 9 fully functioning Audio Animatronics (3 Ariel's, Ursula, 2 Sebastian, Scuttle, Eric, and Triton) can even compare to the statues of characters on any FL dark ride or Monsters Inc (I love the FL darkrides btw and I actually enjoy MI, nice sets and fun little jokes hidden around). I mean look at that recent video posted, in the Kiss the Girl scene as they pull away from eachother she gets this look of disappointment. Really great stuff. Not to mention the detailed sets and use of projection techonology. I can see lighting being a difficulty for this attraction but something that is very changeable. Story...well we've known for about a year the layout and story of ride (it's in BSC) and just like in FL they don't tell the story well at all and it's more about experiencing the movie. The ever popular Peter Pan comes to my mind when I think of poor stories told on a dark ride.

^He was referring the the story, not the animatronics, not the music nothing else but the story. The ride comes to a very quick and sudden end, but WDI did what they could with the space they were working with.

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    On another note....I have a question about the WOC platform....how many sections does the platform have? I've seen in MintCrocodile's latest update, but in person as well before, when a portion of the platform is visisible but not the entire thing so I know there are seperate sections that can raise and lower independently but am curious how many different sections it is?
    It has three platforms that can raise and lower.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

With what I'm reading and seeing, TLM attraction sounds like a great addition. I think I'll be riding it often. In between RSR, TLM, ToT, and SoC, looks like DCA will be a great place to spend an entire day.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Good news from Al Lutz -- an update on what the plans are for the 'backside' of Cars Land

Read the full entry here:

MiceChat Round-Up - MiceAge.com
    i nearly cried when i read that post! I am so happy that they will ACTUALLY do something w/ the back side of the rock. And im happy that they will appropriately theme the backside that faces PP to seaside cliff formations (brings to mind how mount prometheous is themed differently on certain sides depending on which area of the park it faces). I think this goes to show that WDI are a very talented group of people and as much as some might think they arent aware of stuff like incomplete backsides of rocky mountains, they are very much aware. Im sure sometimes imagineers would like to address certain aspects of the park (such as the shops in PP), but cant because they either dont have the funds or they have something else in mind that we arent aware of yet. As mycroft and others have said, Disney thinks in terms of decades, not just years. Although i welcome opinions before things are finished being complete, i think this example demonstrates that sometimes we need to wait until the final product before we jump to conclusions too quickly. But overall, im thrilled we wont get a backside of rock like mt everest in DAK!!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Any photos from today of Paradise Gardens? So much is happening there on a daily basis. . .with Mint's update done for the week, I don't know where to turn for my fix!!
    I just happened to started my own update blog last week. I will most likley return this weekend and if I do, i'll go saturday and post my 2nd update on the following day. I know its not like Mint where I go for a few hours and post the blog post the same day, but you guys will get the update eventually.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

LinkBacks (?)