Page 53 of 801 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153553 ... LastLast

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

^ That sounds lovely! My band only goes to disneyland once every 4 years (We are bay area) so I won't be able to see that until my Senior year (Which by then the maps handed out at the gate will reflect the changes.....)
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I don't think there's any plans to convert the Carthay Theatre into the new park icon for DCA but that is an interesting thought to consider. They'll probably stick with the bear though.
    The Carthay Circle Theater is to Sleeping Beauty Castle as Grizzly Peak is to the Matterhorn. The theater is the new weenie. It's an appropriate icon, I think.

ImagineerWarrior

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I think it would work....but will Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    I don't mind a private club in DCA, just not in the Cathary Theater and not in the front of the park. Club 33 works at Disneyland because it is inside the park. Having it in the new "icon" of the park would be like having Club 33 inside sleeping beauty castle.
    THIS. I totally agree. A private club at DCA would work fine if in an appropriate location. Club 33 is so tucked away that I would venture to say the average guest doesn't know where it is - or that it even exists.

If they were to put a private club in the new icon of the park it would be pretty horrible to the average guest. It would basically be them saying, "Hey! Look at this amazing new icon of DCA! Go ahead and look at it... enjoy how much space it takes up - but don't you DARE think about going inside." Haha

That being said, I am pretty positive that it will just be a high end restaurant that is open to everyone.
    Some friendly grammar tips:
    --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
    --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
    --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
    --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
    --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
    --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
    --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I think you hit the issue of doing a presentation a-la Mr. Lincoln or Golden Dreams, people are going to be wanting to run off to something more exciting. But a nice multi-video screen presentation as part of an exhibit would be easy to do and relatively low cost. What impresses me at the Walt Disney Family Museum here in San Francisco was the use of video and how engaging it could be when done right. They even have a video 'mural' and the end of the museum that features a montage of video that would be quite effective.
    To be quite honest, I really wish the theater was slated to be just that...an actual theater.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSarcastic View Post
    THIS. I totally agree. A private club at DCA would work fine if in an appropriate location. Club 33 is so tucked away that I would venture to say the average guest doesn't know where it is - or that it even exists.

If they were to put a private club in the new icon of the park it would be pretty horrible to the average guest. It would basically be them saying, "Hey! Look at this amazing new icon of DCA! Go ahead and look at it... enjoy how much space it takes up - but don't you DARE think about going inside." Haha

That being said, I am pretty positive that it will just be a high end restaurant that is open to everyone.
    Part of the mystique of Club 33 is the location it seems. I wonder if they could make one in Paradise Pier so there would be a good view of World of Color?

• Banned User

Any idea what is going in here?

Or what this hole is for?

I used to love eating at Pizza Oom Mow Mow, so I was bummed when I heard it was going away, but I am starting to get excited about what it is turning into.

Last edited by Tragic; 02-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.

• Galactic Member

I would guess that they are planters.
    Galactic Member

Very excited for new planters! Trees, plants and flowers are in dire need in DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Any idea what is going in here?

as far as a private club in dca goes, a Paradise Pier location would be perfect! it could be called the 'Paradise Pier Yacht Club' - yacht clubs tend to be pretty exclusive and i think they could do some awesome theming. though finding room for it would definitely be an issue... maybe when they put another ride where goofys sky school is they can find some space

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I like that idea.

BTW... Welcome to MiceChat, thedustycoyote!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Senior Minion

I agree, that's not a bad idea. A restaurant could replace the JJ or they could be moved and a waterfront restaurant could be built there. They could have a public restaurant on the first floor and the "Yacht Club" as a private restaurant on the second level.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Was it ever said what exactly was going to happen with Corn dog castle?
    It was said that it was going to get some work done on it.
    @Monorailorange

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Was it ever said what exactly was going to happen with Corn dog castle?
    It was said that it was going to get some work done on it.
    It might stay mostly the same and just get a new billboard image behind it and/or a new sign. That would be my guess. The issue to me is the billboard part.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Construction for the new Bayside Brews stand was supposed to start today.. anyone know if they did begin today?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

LinkBacks (?)