Page 61 of 801 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161561 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by spacejockey View Post
    Has it been clarified if the Mater's ride is indeed a spinner like The Tea Cups? Or is it a different system?
    Pretty sure it's a Whip It style ride system.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Totally agree withyou Baloo! Prime Time 50's is our favorite Disney World Restaurant. It would really fit in with Radiator Springs. ABC Bistro was a fantastic restaurant. I'm glad we were able to eat there (and send a postcard from there) once.

I think what people are wanting with DCA is an actual sit down restaurant with servers and a menu. I know that I love to be able to just sit, relax, and eat at my leisure than going through a buffet style line to get my food.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    As for Carsland, all this talk shows that Disney Imagineers might've drawn themselves into a corner by restricting this land to the movie "Cars". I'm sure that Cars characters could've easily been incorporated into a land themed to Route 66 (2x easier than Bugs in a California Farm land or Mermaids and Mice in a Seaside Pier land). But having the land be about nothing BUT the movie makes it difficult for things like the Drive-In restaurant to find its footing here. And I would've love to have seen more to this land/environment than an entire set from a Pixar film. I'm hoping the insides of these places will be true to the theme and not be posters of Cars characters. Again the suits thinking too much from the "character" angle and not enough from the theme angle.
    I personally disagree with you on this. I don't think they've painted themselves into a corner. Reason being, Route 66 is real. The only thing imaginary are the cars taking the place of humans. Because of using a real place (Route 66) in an imaginary land enables them to do the typical stuff you would find. Drive-ins, diners, etc.

• Yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I would love to have the classic style narrator from the shorts as audio during the ride.

While the ride is a simple make-over, just by having a stronger idea with visuals and audio to match will make it an improvement. Audio is a big part of that.

Did Mulholland Mmadness have much in the way of distinctive audio?
    This is absolutely true. And no, there was literally no other audio on MM other than the safety spiels.

Also, looking at one of FutureImagineer's pics, I spotted what looks to be what we're headed for as far as the new queue for Goofy's Sky School:

Just a simple swapping of the overhead sunshade.

And one more thing. Last time I was in the cellar, I noticed a small piece of artwork for TLM that I can't find a clear picture of. It looks to be another design for a stained glass accent like the one that popped up in the open circle facing the San Fransisco bathrooms. But this one looks much larger and it should take up much more blank wall space. So there might be some hope left for that bare wall to become even more beautiful.
    It's in the center of this pic, in between the two desks, right under the art for the stained glass archway:

• Nutty about Disney parks

Wouldn't be cool if the big back wall of Goofy's Sky School had like a giant projection screen with black and white (or old time color projection) of white clouds facing the track? That would be neat!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post

And one more thing. Last time I was in the cellar, I noticed a small piece of artwork for TLM that I can't find a clear picture of. It looks to be another design for a stained glass accent like the one that popped up in the open circle facing the San Fransisco bathrooms. But this one looks much larger and it should take up much more blank wall space. So there might be some hope left for that bare wall to become even more beautiful.
    It's in the center of this pic, in between the two desks, right under the art for the stained glass archway:

I believe the stain glass you're referring to is the tall, rectangle one with the kelp on it. I remember seeing this in the video featured in BSC or somewhere like that but anyways, this glass is going to be used in the queue line and main building. Let me do a little searching to see if I can find it.

OK found it...wasn't in the video but in the concept art. Looking at the concept art right above the exterior elevation. The art shows the indoor portion of the queue and the mural. Notice on the columns in the queue there is what looks like the same stain glass with the kelp on it. I actually thought at first these would be used outside on the walls as well. Would be a nice way to bring something more but I do enjoy the simplicity of the building and the SF side is getting the extended queue with plenty of trees. http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...4_TjJGB-X3.jpg

Last edited by SoCalFan; 02-09-2011 at 12:31 PM.

• film975

Isn't Goofy's Sky School based on "Goofy's Glider"? I think that was the very first How To short. That would make total sense to have the narrator do the spiels for the ride. They should get the same guy who did the narration for "How To Hook Up Your Home Theater"

• Yeah.....

Oh yup, you're right.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Here's a picture from the DisneylandNewsToday update. I don't think this is stained glass, i'm pretty sure this is the tile art that they have talked about in the past. not sure where it will be used though..

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Here's a picture from the DisneylandNewsToday update. I don't think this is stained glass, i'm pretty sure this is the tile art that they have talked about in the past. not sure where it will be used though..

You're right, they do look more like tile. I'm pretty sure they'll be used in the queue line. I am pretty sure it's them on the columns in the concept art from my previous post
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 02-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.

• Banned User

Look at the this photo again, you can clearly see it in the columns for the queue(the art above the facade elevation)
    http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...4_TjJGB-X3.jpg

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Look at the this photo again, you can clearly see it in the columns for the queue(the art above the facade elevation)
    http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...4_TjJGB-X3.jpg
    Ah, yes - had to zoom in very closely but I do see it now. So that would be the queue inside the building, correct?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Ah, yes - had to zoom in very closely but I do see it now. So that would be the queue inside the building, correct?
    That is correct!

LinkBacks (?)