Page 74 of 801 FirstFirst ... 244964717273747576778499124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

To be honest I never thought Marketing would become a factor in building Cars Land ( Just goes to show you how oblivious I am ) With the new Cars movie coming out we don't want to limit ourselves to Just Radiator Springs. If its called Cars Land they could add attractions based on the new Cars Movie and more attractions mean more fun and more fun means more money for Disney. So if we can learn to deal with the name it will be a Win Win situation for everyone! ( :

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I can't really accept that.

Everything currently in the land is based on something in Radiator Springs. Everything.
    And almost everything in Radiator Springs is based on real-life locations along the actual Route 66. So it all balances out..
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by rjrrzube View Post
    Yeah, they'd NEVER get away with generic land names like Adventure Land' or "Frontier Land' ... let's use 'Exotic Spots in the World' and 'The Wild West' ... THOSE we'll remember!
    If only they'd called New Orleans Southernland, Splash wouldn't have to sit in a seperate land.

Even including in the idea that things from the sequel will be added or that some areas exist somewhat outside of Radiator Springs doesn't justify the decision.

Carsland was designed too specific to really include much outside the Cars movies. Yet is too vague so that it somewhat draws away from the theme/immersion the land it labels.

I guess you could make the same arguement for Wizarding World in Islands of Adventure, but I guess I feel that there we do see settings in Harry Potter universe that are not normally adjacent to each other.

With Carsland we're getting a painstakingly detailed recreation of Radiator Springs to the exclusion of a more vague theme that might have allowed additions from the sequel/California references to be added later. We might see a little bit but I doubt Lasseter will allow them to ruin his baby with nonsensical decisions that draw away from the setting.

Only other justification I can think of for the name is they really just wanted to play off the "land" system that Disneyland seems to have. It worked fine for "A Bug's Land" but that was partially because it played off the movies title as well. I just don't feel it for Carsland.

Like I said before I don't really care in too many ways, I do think it was a stupid decision and the name doesn't roll off the tongue but the point is for this area of the park to open so I get get riding me some RIDES! :B
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Anyways, scafolding is coming down on the main arch of TLM, I'm guessing to install the huge reliefs! Seriously this building is really shaping up beautifully! You can pretty much see the precense it will take on PP! and it's really close the parade route! Right up against it!
    Since people seem to be ignoring this post to argue over the name of Carsland. Thanks for the news. I can't wait!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    Since people seem to be ignoring this post to argue over the name of Carsland. Thanks for the news. I can't wait!
    yeah, thanks for the update F183! can't wait to see pictures.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

I can think of about eight billion reasons to name it Cars Land...

Disney: 'Cars' Has Crossed $8 Billion in Global Retail Sales - The Hollywood Reporter
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Syon View Post
    To be honest I never thought Marketing would become a factor in building Cars Land ( Just goes to show you how oblivious I am ) With the new Cars movie coming out we don't want to limit ourselves to Just Radiator Springs. If its called Cars Land they could add attractions based on the new Cars Movie and more attractions mean more fun and more fun means more money for Disney. So if we can learn to deal with the name it will be a Win Win situation for everyone! ( :
    This would make no sense. When you see Carsland on the map you walk into Radiator Springs. So, yes, either name would work. But since the new movie is not set in Ornament Valley, then where would you put stuff from Cars 2 in Radiator Springs (Carsland)? You cant put anything in Carsland that takes place around the world. Whether it is called Radiator Springs or Carsland, you are being taken to Radiator Springs, or Ornament Valley, and imagineers made it very clear. Changing the name doesn't change the setting.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    This would make no sense. When you see Carsland on the map you walk into Radiator Springs. So, yes, either name would work. But since the new movie is not set in Ornament Valley, then where would you put stuff from Cars 2 in Radiator Springs (Carsland)? You cant put anything in Carsland that takes place around the world. Whether it is called Radiator Springs or Carsland, you are being taken to Radiator Springs, or Ornament Valley, and imagineers made it very clear. Changing the name doesn't change the setting.
    Behind luigi's and the rock work or in bugs land. Have be part of Hollywoodland.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post

That's true.....There are so many details to think of....They could always expand it, but that would make it more like its own individual theme park, they could always put elements from the new Cars Movie into Cars Land...but that might take away from the feeling of Radiator Springs......I need to think about this.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Names can change over time depending on what sticks with the public. I still tend to think that making Carsland with Radiator Springs and the Cadillac Mtn. range was a pragmatic approach to dealing with making a new E-ticket that also corrected sightline issues with the outside world. Who knows what it will eventual evolve into/

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    Names can change over time depending on what sticks with the public. I still tend to think that making Carsland with Radiator Springs and the Cadillac Mtn. range was a pragmatic approach to dealing with making a new E-ticket that also corrected sightline issues with the outside world. Who knows what it will eventual evolve into/
    I agree. The only think you can count on is change.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Anyways, scafolding is coming down on the main arch of TLM, I'm guessing to install the huge reliefs! Seriously this building is really shaping up beautifully! You can pretty much see the precense it will take on PP! and it's really close the parade route! Right up against it!
    Exciting. Can't wait for photos.

I wonder if they have plans at DCA to add more with the spin off direct-to-video characters in the future who are not CARS but Planes and Boats?

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Yet, somehow people remember the name of New Orleans Square (why not just call it Mardis Gras Land?), Pirates of the Caribbean (why not just call it the Pirates Boat Ride?), It's A Small World (Doll Boat Ride?), etc, etc.

Seriously, for a site that has so many sticklers for detail and theming........"Carsland" seems like a big drag. I guess that being a Disney apologist really IS more important to many on here than remaining true to excellent Disney theming, etc, etc.
    Don't you think that calling it Radiator Springs landlocks the theme of the land evenmore for future expansion? I would prefer the name "Route 66" instead since it would allow them to continue the CARS theme even if it has nothing to do with the movie.

they might have chosen CARSLand because give it a much more broad theme and still connects it to the movie.

Some of the artwork that has been shown also shows sublands within the 12 acre addition. One part of the Land has been shown as being named route 66 another part Radiator Springs and the farthest part south where RSR called Cadillac range.

• Mostly Harmless.

Carsland would also leave it open to expansion through future franchise movies...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

LinkBacks (?)