Page 751 of 801 FirstFirst ... 251651701726741748749750751752753754761776 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,265 of 12005

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Yeah I think the park been busier is a given. Ever since WoC premiered last year, the place has been more consistently busy than I ever remember it. Last Fall and Christmas season was of course one of the busiest times I've ever seen at DCA. I remember a trip I took in late summer last year where ToT had an 180 minute wait, Soarin 80, GRR 120, Screamin about 70, TSMM above an hour, and long waits on all the smaller attractions. This was before the people eating TLM was open. It was crazy that day! I've visited on similar type days throughout last fall, winter, and even spring. There's no doubt DCA is getting busier and busier. Just wait until RSR and Carsland open...anyone up for the possible 4 hour wait for RSR

• Disneyland freak!

I miss the days of being able to walk on GRR!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Yeah I think the park been busier is a given. Ever since WoC premiered last year, the place has been more consistently busy than I ever remember it. Last Fall and Christmas season was of course one of the busiest times I've ever seen at DCA. I remember a trip I took in late summer last year where ToT had an 180 minute wait, Soarin 80, GRR 120, Screamin about 70, TSMM above an hour, and long waits on all the smaller attractions. This was before the people eating TLM was open. It was crazy that day! I've visited on similar type days throughout last fall, winter, and even spring. There's no doubt DCA is getting busier and busier. Just wait until RSR and Carsland open...anyone up for the possible 4 hour wait for RSR
    Wow that IS crazy!!! I dont think I've ever been there when it was that bad. I do remember a good friend from Japan went to DCA for the first time a few years back, but he went litterally on the LAST day the two-for-one tickets expired in 05 and the place was an absolute zoo. Because everyone had done the DL part of the ticket, most waited to hit DCA at the very end. Ironically he went in a period when the park was normally completely dead. I think he said even Soarin was a 2 and a half hour wait lol. I do NOT want to be in that park when it reaches capacity...well NO park when it reaches capacity .

Yeah I suspect RSR will be BUSY, but I suspect it will be 2-3 hours tops in the beginning. Maybe the first week or something like ST, but LIKE ST it probably will drop to reasonable levels after the first month. Again people was saying ST would be 3-4 hours all summer, but the few times I've gone this summer, the real average is between 1-2 hours majority of the day. The average seems to be about 90 mins now on busier days. I've stood in line for it about 5 times during all times of the day and rarely been in line over an hour.

Now if it was at TDR, yeah!

Anyway sorry its so off topic lol. Quick someone throw a pic up of more walls or something!

• DL College Program 97/98

I miss empty DCA.

I took this picture during normal operating hours.

Name:  dl24.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  69.0 KB

• Disneyland > Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    I miss empty DCA.

wow that place was dead. I would usually think a park would be closed if I saw something like this. Was there really any night time attractions in old DCA? Also, can someone show a pic of the Disney Junior show entrance because I heard that it has a bunch of walls up?
    Marvel + Disney =

• Become part of MY world!

Wow! Lol I didn't mean to cause a debate. I actually love DCA very much, but let's face it as long as it's right across from the main gate, it will never be busier than Disneyland. I'm not trying to knock DCA, but at the end of the night when DCA closes, everyone wants to go to Disneyland to end their day. And even with BVS, Main St. Will still have tons more to do at the end of the night after the parks are closed. Which is why I said the demand wont be there.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    These are stores that we are talking about, Disney will move heaven and earth to get them open on time trust me on that.
    Sorry if I'm off topic but I had to laugh at this.....

And to add to the 'busier' debate,
    For the next 10 years or so, DL will hold more people but DCA is gonna feel more shoulder-to-shoulder based off the fact that DCA still will not be able to compete with the number of attractions DL has to offer. Take DL's Pirate's, HM & BLAB alone. They eat an incredible number of people per hour. (bare with me)Now if you cancel out Space for Screamin, Star Tours for Soarin, Splash for GRR, Flicks for (almost)Fantasyland you're basically left with Mermaid as DCA's main source for human consumption. Add to it the extra 25+ acres DL has available and it's glaring why DL would hold more people but be less busy.
    My point???
    Say good-bye to empty walk ways in DCA, 'fore less que means more foot traffic and until time gets a chance to go by and DCA can catch up to itself, it simply won't have the capability to pull of what DL can in terms of people gorging. I'm fine with that though. More people = more attractions = less people(in my way) = a less busy park.....By Disneyland standards anyway....

PS: Anyone who has posted about a possible phase 3 now owes me $3. I accept paypal and EBT.
    Last edited by Hamburgler; 07-27-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Relevance

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    I miss empty DCA.

Ah, I actually remember that night when it was so dead like that. That night was 2001-2003 I believe!

---------- Post added 07-28-2011 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Wow! Lol I didn't mean to cause a debate. I actually love DCA very much, but let's face it as long as it's right across from the main gate, it will never be busier than Disneyland. I'm not trying to knock DCA, but at the end of the night when DCA closes, everyone wants to go to Disneyland to end their day. And even with BVS, Main St. Will still have tons more to do at the end of the night after the parks are closed. Which is why I said the demand wont be there.

Oh I agreed with you! I also like DCA.....NOW , but like I said in my post, as LONG as DL is still open when DCA closes and people dont want to go home, most simply head to DL to ride more and like you said, MS is EASILY twice the size with more stores, so most people will probably go there and shop at the end of the night, especially if you want to ride a few more hours and do your shopping when both parks are done for the night. So while I can see BVS staying open a full hour due to it being more crowded, I dont think it will necessarily be any busier than it is now because once the park is close most will just head to DL. Thats what I do anyway, but mainly because the stuff in the entrance now doesnt entice me to hang around. Maybe when BVS opens, it will.

THAT said though, they might keep it a full hour to catch the WOC crowds at the tail end who is leaving and it would be too late to go back to DL, assuming DCA stays open to 11 next year and they have a third show. Thats a possiblity as well. Who knows? I'm sure I will be sticking around BVS longer if CCT has a bar .

• Disneyland > Disney World

hey guys sorry that this might be a little off topic but have you guys seen this rare video of the recent California Screamin accident?! The dialogue in this video gets really annoying though. So I guess the coaster started slowing down when it was in the loop!!

Mod Note:

Link removed for second time.... please remember to not post content that is in violation of our rules.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-28-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Marvel + Disney =

OMG That video is cool! I've never seen anything like this.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    I`m looking for that picture of RRS taken from the upper stairs of the Hyperian Theater. I lost track of it . Could someone please repost or give the page number? Thank you.
    Sorry, I'm a little late. I went sailing today.

(Not from today)

When I do pan shots I dump them in this gallery. Uh... If I remember to do it, anyway.

Here's the pan shot you're looking for:

Click it to see the frighteningly huge version.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    DCA is only half the size, so less attendance could easily seem busier than Disneyland.
    DCA is not half the size of DL. It opened with 55 acres while DL is 75. DCA has expanded since then and Id bet its around 65 acres now. People always think the park is so much smaller than DL but its really not..the wide walkways make it seem much smaller than it is.

Thank you for the pan shot. You probably know that the America`s Cup will be here in the Bay Area in 2013. Testing is going on now.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Who knows? I'm sure I will be sticking around BVS longer if CCT has a bar .
    I would LOVE to have a bar at the Carthay Circle Theater. I would really like to be able to enjoy a cold beer at the entrance to the park. I am OK with a private resturaunt if they also put something else for the general public in the theater as well. Also I hope they are planning to put an exhibit space in the lobby similar to the opera house at Disneyland where they could change out different exhibits over the years like they do at Disneyland. The best solution in my eyes is to place the private resturaunt on the second floor and have the first floor/lobby be for exhibts, and/or a public resturaunt/bar. Does anyone know if there is room in the theater or if they are building a second floor?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

I ate at Walt's in Paris DL a while back and sat at an upstairs table with a window view of Main Street. It was a great experience. Looking at the Carthay plans, it looks like they could have outdoor balconies overlooking the street on the second floor. Now that would be a wonderful view!

LinkBacks (?)