Page 798 of 801 FirstFirst ... 298698748773788795796797798799800801 LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 12005

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by Dick O Dell View Post
    I think Ph 2 dark ride in PP will utilize the park area or maybe the GSS area?? I also think the movie will be Ratatoullie. Should fit right in with that area of the park I think. DCA could use a lot more dark rides imo....
    I was thinking Ratatouille too but who knows. Pretty sure it'll be Maliboomer Park area with show building behind Screamin. I don't see GSS going anywhere in like at least 10 years, especially when there are s many empty pads around DCA

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I was thinking Ratatouille too but who knows. Pretty sure it'll be Maliboomer Park area with show building behind Screamin. I don't see GSS going anywhere in like at least 10 years, especially when there are s many empty pads around DCA
    About the only Pixar movies not represented in the parks are Ratatouille, Incredibles and Wall-E. Considering there will be a Ratatouille ride coming to Disneyland Paris it would make sense to do a clone of that ride, but I would love to see the Incredibles too. Either one could be made to fit into the area too. I am assuming that they would consider Wall-E for Tomorrowland.

Ooo I forgot about The Incredibles. Reall curious what plans are if there are any.

Why would they do ratatouille in California Adventure. That makes no sence what so ever. That story is based in Paris.
    Come on people let's get something that actually fits the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    Why would they do ratatouille in California Adventure. That makes no sence what so ever. That story is based in Paris.
    Anything can be made to fit.

They could make Ratatouille fit. Again I say look at TSMM, they took the characters from the movie and made it a whole new dark ride experience that is completely relevant to PP and different than the movie.

What ever happened to original dark rides? Why does Disney have to always build dark rides based on films when they could come up with something better like Pirates or the HM? Those are the kind of rides DCA needs to achieve the Disney feel, not tossing random characters into DCA and claiming that it helps make the park more Disney. If only there were someone like Marc Davis still working at Disneyland.

In that case yes but if it's a dark ride that goes through the streets of Paris then there is no connection to what else is around.

• Minion

Of the 3, my guess is Incredibles because it has the best options to fit the DCA: PP theme
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

In that case yes but if it's a dark ride that goes through the streets of Paris then there is no connection to what else is around.
    Look at Pirates. "Sail with the wildest crew that ever sacked the Spanish Main" is the ride poster's tag. New Orleans was not part of the Spanish Main. So how on Earth does Pirates fit with New Orleans Square I ask? The look of the town within the ride is far closer to something in Florida than Louisiana. Yet there the ride is, smack dab in New Orleans Square in a flagrant disregard for the theme of the surrounding land.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Am I the only one worried that an Alice in Wonderland themed party will encourage people to bring hallucinogenics in with them?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Loved by God

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I don't recall seeing it. Are there going to be restroom facilities in Carsland? It's such a big area with so many people within that restrooms will be a welcome addition.

Thanks!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by KBFweb View Post
    Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I don't recall seeing it. Are there going to be restroom facilities in Carsland? It's such a big area with so many people within that restrooms will be a welcome addition.

Thanks!
    Pretty sure there are regulations about this sort of thing. I wouldn't be worried. There will be restrooms.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Pretty sure there are regulations about this sort of thing. I wouldn't be worried. There will be restrooms.
    Wouldn't it be cool thematically if the signs on the door looked like the door signs in Cars 2?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Am I the only one worried that an Alice in Wonderland themed party will encourage people to bring hallucinogenics in with them?
    -_- ... Not too sound rude but you probably are. Why would it? Alice is my favorite classic Walt Disney movie and the two books by Lewis Carroll remain my favorite pieces of Children's Literature and I've never touched, let alone tried, any type of drug period.

If people REALLY wanna do that at the DLR, they will regardless of theme, stupid connections to drug culture, or anything they'll do it. I've seen a lady totally high dancing and singing to herself in NOS before. If people want to they will. Disney has a good security dept, especially at the dance parties DCA has had. This won't be a problem.
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 08-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.

LinkBacks (?)