Page 799 of 801 FirstFirst ... 299699749774789796797798799800801 LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 12005

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Am I the only one worried that an Alice in Wonderland themed party will encourage people to bring hallucinogenics in with them?

I'm sure that people who would consider bringing hallucinogens to DL would be bringing them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I'm sure that people who would consider bringing hallucinogens to DL would be bringing them regardless.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    In that case yes but if it's a dark ride that goes through the streets of Paris then there is no connection to what else is around.
    Paradise Pier is suppose to represent a seaside pier, These old seaside piers had an eclectic combination of architectures and themes when it came to rides an eateries. A dark ride based on a rat running through the streets of Paris would not be out of place within the theme of the pier.

People keeping referring back to the overall theme of the park as if every attraction needs to be specific to California but that should not have to be the case. The park has lands that in some way have connections to the overall theme of the park. Buena vista representing a major city of southern California, Hollywood representing the film industry, Grizzly representing the national parks. Condor flats illustrating one of many desert landscapes of the state as well as the aviation connection of the state, Carsland showcasing route 66, Paradise Pier showcasing our oceans and many seaside amusement parks that once flourished along the California coast and to some degree bugsland the farm area although the pretty much destroyed that by removing the farm aspect of the land. They should have kept the lands name Bountiful valley farm and used the characters within that theme.

Lands within a park should be designed to fit the overall theme of the park, Attractions should be designed to fit the theme of a land not necessarily the overall theme of the park.

Paradise Pier at the moment could actually be the one land where WDI could fit attractions themed to almost anything they want. Hey i would not mind seeing a funhouse based on the Gargoyles franchise. might actually be quite interesting
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-16-2011 at 11:48 AM.

• Banned User

More dark rides themed to dark rides? SWEET!

• Banned User

What baffles me is how a new bridge, based on a real landmark, doesn't need to be faithful to the original at all! It's just an 'interpretation' or an adaptation or a tribute. Shops don't exist under it, people don't regularly walk under it, etc. but sure it'll fit right in with no qualms!

But when it comes to a fictional seaside pier, loosely based around some time in the 1920s.....everything must be PERFECT and exact and accurate!!

---------- Post added 08-16-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Lands within a park should be designed to fit the overall theme of the park, Attractions should be designed to fit the theme of a land not necessarily the overall theme of the park.
    Agreed. You actually have a lot of great points. The whole California-specific thing should be tossed out the window right now, considering Radiator Springs/Carsland is definitely not in the state. I think their original vision for DCA was more aligned with California based attractions, but money makes the world go round.

• Carbon based

And it they build Ratatouille where GSS is, then you have a wild rat replacing a 'wild mouse' coaster! Voila: instant homage

But semi-seriously (since this has already been astutely responded by mycroft and others, and in fact we've debated this one at nauseam):

• Where is The little mermaid supposed to be located? It's statue is in Copenhagen
    • Goofy's chicken farm/salvage yard/flight school is a perfect thematic fit to a seaside pier
    • The people owning the grill/pizza & pasta where immigrant from Italy. If Remy is in France, he could have hoped in their luggage during a vacation/cooking camp in Italy . After all, many rats came through the boats: have you never seen 'An American Tail?'

Also concerning restrooms locations in Carsland, there's a large facility planned within Flo's V8 Cafe, toward the bottom of the main street. Nearest other facilities will be by the dining area on the Wharf (right below the rock arch), by the Blue Sky Cellar and in Bug's Life.

And concerning the diagram on the Clark trailer, I'm assuming the construction gets bonuses for early safe quality completion (ie: passing the inspection on the first try) and of course no accident (so you don't just sacrifice safety to achieve the bonuses). This has been a very common tool in large construction deals and a major reason the section of I-10 was rebuilt ahead of schedule after the Northridge earthquake in 1994.

Before I forget, front entrance redirection has now been inspected and approved by the Anaheim Fire Department for operation starting now until June 2012. Anytime now...

Different area, I think one of the reason for the new pump-house building (beside a potential location for information/wait times) is that to create a curve in the road and help to hide isolate what's down the street. We've all notice the giant silo from the wharf seen from a distance and the various plans/models have had everything from large road adds (not my favorite ) to very big landscaping (now we're talking ) to help hide the next area. If you look on recent pictures, you can see what looks like a very big planter (maybe ) right next to the pump house!

On those notes, back to work! This thread is moving so fast these days !

Oh, and Macro, whoa fantastic pics! Again, and again! Why the heck are you Macro and not Pano?
    Yes, super zoom are nice (I have one) but dedicated zoom lenses obviously still have plenty of future in front of them . Thanks again!

Eh, I would rather see something else. Something different.

Quote Originally Posted by KBFweb View Post
    Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I don't recall seeing it. Are there going to be restroom facilities in Carsland? It's such a big area with so many people within that restrooms will be a welcome addition.

Thanks!
    Yes, but you'll need a key attached to a big pipe to get into them.

For all we know people could of brought drugs during glow fest and elecTRONica, or else where!

I really hope the tea party theme can fit with the LA theme, or have it hidden away during the day. It wouldn't be hard to place permanet lighting on the buildings to replace the scaffolding.

---------- Post added 08-16-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KBFweb View Post
    Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I don't recall seeing it. Are there going to be restroom facilities in Carsland? It's such a big area with so many people within that restrooms will be a welcome addition.

Thanks!
    There is a very likely chance they will have bathrooms, where at is unsure. Possibly near the Rides/Restraunts.

• Carbon based

Funny, I mention that the pump house and landscaping will help hide the large white silo of the old Tortilla factory... and now, that Silo has already been cut in two!

No big white silo visible from up the street anymore

• Dream in wonderful color!

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    -_- ... Not too sound rude but you probably are. Why would it? Alice is my favorite classic Walt Disney movie and the two books by Lewis Carroll remain my favorite pieces of Children's Literature and I've never touched, let alone tried, any type of drug period.

If people REALLY wanna do that at the DLR, they will regardless of theme, stupid connections to drug culture, or anything they'll do it. I've seen a lady totally high dancing and singing to herself in NOS before. If people want to they will. Disney has a good security dept, especially at the dance parties DCA has had. This won't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    I agree.
    Really? That didn't seem like a joke to any of you?

Even though it's just a rumor, a Ratatouille dark ride would clash with the Victorian Pier theme. I take it won't take place in the streets of Paris, since it has nothing to do with seaside amusement parks or the ocean. What possibly could they do with a Paris rat? A maze through oversized food? Being chased in a kitchen? Eh. I mean...they're better ideas out there than this. If this is true, it'll be another low (in between some highs) for the WDI and TDA. Also, TSMM, is based on Midway Games, you get plushes, toys, prizes, I don't really picture it in Andy's Room as much as going through a seaside Midway game. So it fits in with the theme, but I still fail to see how a film, based in Paris, about a rat chef could fit into a theme park based on California, in a land with seaside amusement parks/ocean as its theme.

I'm excited about the 're-launch' for DCA next year.

• Banned User

Looks like screamin got stuck today, anyone know what happened?

Yeah a Ratatooie dark ride would be thematically inapropriate. How about a funhouse style darkride featuring Goofy and Donald? Or a Tunnel of Love shoot the chute boat ride featuring Mickey and Minnie? So many options, no more pixar please!

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

LinkBacks (?)