Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs down Toon Town closing? ONLY A RUMOR

Okay....before people start attacking me, I just want to specify that this is ONLY a rumor from someone who works at the park in Florida. As many of you probably know, WDW is closing their version of the land to accommodate the expansion of Fantasyland. It's coming through the rumor mill that a similar thing could happen here. I will say that if this is true it it absolutely maddening. This is one of the best themed and designed lands in the park, and Roger and Mickey's house have stood the test of time as two very popular attractions. Many of us remember when this land opened, something only a select few generations of people can say they've experienced for any land, and remember it at it's easily recovered height. I also feel very strongly that you do not close an entire land! It certainly needs some TLC, but it's certainly aged better than Tomorrowland, and at least doesn't waste huge amounts of space like Frontierland's festival arena and Fort Wilderness. I know the land isn't everybody's thing, but I say absolutely not to the idea of eliminating any area. Improve it, redesign it, but don't close it. They'd never do this to any other land. Toon Town's unique location on (or really off) the property is what I think makes it's susceptible. Thoughts?

• Minion

Re: Toon Town closing? ONLY A RUMOR

i would only be ok with removing Toon Town from DL if I knew that they were going to put Roger in some newly invisioned Toon Town in DCA near hollywoodland. Otherwise I agree with you, it needs to be fixed but not closed
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I should say that Disneyland should keep it's original Toontown. Because it's what started all and it was inspired from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. While Tokyo Disneyland has it's own version that is identical to the original.

Since WDW is closing there's. Their Toontown doesn't have the iconic Roger Rabbit's Car Toon spin and lack of a worthy attraction.

If I see Disneyland's Roger Rabbit's Car Toon being refurbished 1 year ago. Then Disney won't remove Toontown and the attraction, since it is one of it's kind in California and a exclusive to TDL an DL. If they cared about the attraction and it's land, they won't replace or remove it.

Disneyland's Toontown is unique and original. Despite being small, but bigger than Critter Country or equal in size. The land is well-designed and it has the iconic Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin attraction, that is not to be missed. I remember RRCTS was in bad shape and it keep breaking down. So, Disney closed the ride and refurbished. Now it's good.

WDW's Toontown is going to be removed and their Fantasyland is going to be expanded. I guess there won't be a rumor about Mickey's Toontown being closed, removed, and/or replaced.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin opened in 1994 and Toontown opened in 1993.

I don't think that I would be horribly heart broken if they took out Toon Town and put something else in, obviously whatever replaced it would have to be abso-freaking-lutely amazing! I like the idea of Roger Rabbit moving to DCA, their need is greater then Disneyland's.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I don't mind DL's Toontown, but it does need more and better attractions.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I can take or leave toon town. If it goes to be replaced with something very good, like in Florida a SECOND CASTLE and such, I wont lament it being gone. If they close it and replace it with something weakly themed that is just hawking the latest fad trend, yeah I'd be upset.

• Disney is home

I don't see them getting rid of ToonTown for a few reasons:

1) Not very much space back there to compensate for a loss of a land. There probably is a good amount of space for a good E-Ticket type of a ride.

2) Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin. While I'm sure there are people on here that don't mind losing it, the downside to losing it would be that it's the only thing that Disneyland that has of Roger Rabbit. There is no merch or even a meet n' greet character.

3) Possibly having to close this area every night early for fireworks. Of course it would depend on what would of been built. If it was a new land with open space, then yes it would have to close early. If they had to close early, they would most likely reopen this area after the fire department gave the all clear.
    Last edited by Donald1980; 01-26-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typos

Just keep roger rabbit. That seems the only reason anyone cares about toon town

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    2) Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin. While I'm sure there are people on here that don't mind losing it, the downside to losing it would be that it's the only thing that Disneyland that has of Roger Rabbit. There is no merch or even a meet n' greet character.
    Roger Rabbit will be returning to the park in a very big way by 2013. 2014 at the very latest.

Oh will he? I would like to know how?

• will-o-the-whip

Most of Toontown just had an extensive refurbishment. I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon.

• Shubisha

in case anybody didn't notice, fantasyland is pretty darn expanded in disneyland.

The reason WDW's Toontown is being closed and rethemed is because their Toontown was nowhere near as permanent as DL TT. WDW had Mickey and Minnie's houses, the Barnstormer, and 3 ghetto tents where you actually met the characters. DL has wonderful toon hills, as well as 4? other attractions in addition to Mickey and Minnie's houses. The loss of WDW's Toontown is nowhere near as great as DL's would be. I don't spend a ton of time at Toontown because it's often crowded, but it is a richly themed environment that's a worthy addition to DL.

Plus, there's no reason to expand DL's Fantasyland, because it's pretty darn good in the first place. WDW is getting an expansion because 1) their's was pretty mediocre and 2) management wants to increase capacity/lower congestion of the area.

• Progressive Disneylander

I really wouldn't miss it -- not even Roger Rabbit. If the real estate could be better utilized (and I presume that it could be with the right plan), then I'd be all for scrapping Toon Town. To DL's credit, theirs is better than WDW's because of RR alone so it makes even more sense to scrap it in Florida.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Since the lawyers got their mitts on it a few years ago, Toontown has almost nothing left in it. It closes early for fireworks and it can't be expanded. This gets a big shrug from me. I wouldn't miss it. They wouldn't be losing much capacity, since there's so little there anyway.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast