Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Move roger rabbit to dca

Move Roger Rabbit to DCA. Put RR in Hollywood land in stage 12 the old millionaire building. RR would fit great in Hollywood land both because of the fact the movie takes place in Hollywood and the movie and the land are in the same time period. stage 12 is a little bigger than RR show building in Toon town so DCA version would be bigger than DL version of RR. Plus than DL could expand Fantasyland in to Toon town.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Move roger rabbit to dca

No thank you.

• Senior Minion

In some ways the concept of having TT right off of Hollywood Land would have been cool, but it's built and is where it is. Conceptually good but too impractical to actually happen.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney is home

This same topic has been and is being discussed in this thread Toon Town closing? ONLY A RUMOR.

It wouldn't make sense to move it. You would practically be building a new attraction and not moving it. Disney would close it before they even thought of the idea of moving it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

If we keep it in DL, then that would be a reason to keep ToonTown.

All TT needs is just a little lovin'.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

• Cunning infiltrator

Soldier from Team Fortress 2:
    "No, sir!"

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Banned User

Why do people keep asking for this, as if a ride just being moved is a normal thing, or even necessary? If anything, more stuff needs to get added to Toontown.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    This same topic has been and is being discussed in this thread Toon Town closing? ONLY A RUMOR.
    And before that thread too.
    Toon town is a favorite subject around here
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I would like the idea of moving Roger Rabbit, if they were going to close Toon Town, only because I really dislike Toon Town. It is my least favorite land in tbe entire resort and in my opinion the only ride worth while is Roger Rabbit. For all I care they could blow up Toon Town and start over.

I do realise that moving the ride is impractical. What would be put in it's place? I think they could / should use the old Millionaire Show Building for something new and exciting.

• Your Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    If anything, more stuff needs to get added to Toontown.
    Agreed. RR is the only reason I even go into Toontown.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

Good call on the TF2 reference Fox!!

I feel that RR fits perfectly in the TT, also the fact that TT is based on the TT in Who Framed Roger Rabbit says it should stay there.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    Move Roger Rabbit to DCA. Put RR in Hollywood land in stage 12 the old millionaire building. RR would fit great in Hollywood land both because of the fact the movie takes place in Hollywood and the movie and the land are in the same time period. stage 12 is a little bigger than RR show building in Toon town so DCA version would be bigger than DL version of RR. Plus than DL could expand Fantasyland in to Toon town.
    No. Here's 2 reasons why.
    (1) Roger does NOT fit in the right time period as Hollywood Land. The movie is set in 1947 while Hollywood Land is set in the 1930s. If you put it in Hollywood Land you are messing with the time line saying that Roger encountered DIP in the 30s when he first found out about it in 1947.
    (2) Roger Rabbit takes place in San Francisco, not Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    No. Here's 2 reasons why.
    (1) Roger does NOT fit in the right time period as Hollywood Land. The movie is set in 1947 while Hollywood Land is set in the 1930s. If you put it in Hollywood Land you are messing with the time line saying that Roger encountered DIP in the 30s when he first found out about it in 1947.
    (2) Roger Rabbit takes place in San Francisco, not Hollywood.
    Thematically, the time period still works. Hollywoodland isnt going to have calandars up with the dates, it is just themed to old glamourized Hollywood. Roger fits with that feel.

Secondly, the movie takes place in LA I am certain. It's about the film industry.

I would love it if the Hollywood Pictures Backlot section became a smaller and more efficient Toon Town to round out DCA and open up DL. But, it's not going to happen. They spent way too much money over in DL to simply tear it down and rebuild it all across the esplanade.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Banned User

They never move rides, not to this extent. Some have been remodeled to accommodate expansions, like Jungle Cruise when Indy was being build, but this doesn't happen and the constant suggestions for it, as if it's an easy or practical task are getting a bit absurd (no offense). Also, we don't need a Fantasyland expansion. We're not using the space we have efficiently. Toon Town is a staple and should never close, nor should any whole land. No other lands get this kind of scrutiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast