Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Disneyland January 17-21 - The first trip since joining MiceChat.

I have never done a Disneyland trip report before, so... wish me luck!

This won't be the most detailed of reports.. more just a telling of the things that stood out to me, the feelings I felt, and the experience that I shared with my friends.

So I guess to start things off with... I joined Micechat in March 2005 (it says April, there was some glitch and everyone who joined in March got switched to April) Because of Micechat, my knowledge of the parks (and my obsession) has grown substantially..

I had dreamed (several dreams) of coming back to the park now that I was older and could really appreciate everything. My first and only time at Disneyland was in 2001, I was 11. I never got to ride Pirates as it was closed, never really appreciated the details around me, and I just wanted to rides the rides. So as soon as the opportunity had finally come to get my butt down to California, I jumped at the chance! I mean who wouldn't want to escape the icy palace that is Canada in January?!

I had just finished performing in a production of White Christmas, and a fellow Cast Member and I both discovered we loved Disney.. Thus, a trip was formed and planned.. But then came my best friend, who I love to pieces. I had always wanted to go to Disneyland with her, but she couldn't afford it (her job and my job don't result in the same cash flow) I was sort of stumped on what to get her for Christmas, when it hit me! Bring her with us! So I sort of surprised her one night while she was closing at her work with an envelope containing her surprise trip to Disneyland! Everyone was pumped and ready to go.

Saturday January 15th was the day of Departure, on a bus from Vancouver BC, headed to Seattle where we would board our...

Now you may think we took the conventional way of getting somewhere far away, flying of course..

WRONG.

We took a train across the west coast. I mean, is there really a more fitting way of getting to Walt's park?

It was a trip thru the mountains and the coast, a surprisingly eventful 36 hour train ride. Drunk ladies, cats, and new american friends were all aboard the train.

Our accommodations were quite lovely...

We left around 11:15 am from seattle on the 15th, and arrived in Anahiem 12:30 am Monday the 17th. An arrival I felt like I had waited my entire life for.

I was so excited.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Disneyland January 17-21 - The first trip since joining MiceChat.

So far, so good...and very cool about getting to surprise your friend Keep it coming, looking forward to more!

• wishing upon a star :)

Awe! That's so cool that you surprised your friend and totally awesome that you guys took a train! I adore train rides, but I've never taken an overnight one. You're off to a great start! I can't wait to read the rest!

Blog Entries

Now this is where im going to not really go into a detailed day to day report of the trip.. Im just going to post some photos, and share my thoughts.

We stayed at the Anabella hotel, we got a good deal, and it was only a 15 minute walk to the parks (I walk fast, make it 10)

We could see DCA peaking thru the trees from our hotel, the excitement was building.. Not to mention blue skies and sunshine! Haven't seen that in a while...

As we were walking on our first day to the park, I saw this sign and I knew we were getting closer. The long train ride with barely any sleep would soon be worth it!

After detouring thru the Grand Californian, and going thru bag check. We had arrived, I could see the entrance.

Going thru the gates and finally seeing the Mickey floral and the train station was definitely surreal, I could not believe I was here. Ready to go under the tunnel into a new world.

Jessica (my friend from the show) Amelia (my best friend), and myself (Evan) Were ready to conquer Disneyland. Everything. From all the rides, to the Lilybelle, to seeing Fantasmic, Remember, and World of Color. We were going to do it all! And believe me, we did!

I don't know what to say.. It was amazing. There was absolute true happiness felt while at the parks. True child like joy came alive in each of us.

Amelia on the left, me in the center, Jessica on the right

Our first ride would be Space Mountain, and our last was the Carousel on Friday night. We somehow picked up swedish accents during our trip, people in lines thought we were crazy.

The park was beautiful, the weather was amazing. Crowds minimal.

First look at the castle.

I had many goals to accomplish, much of which I discovered thru this site over the years. One was to find the center of the park.. and I did.

The lillybelle was another goal

We rode all the rides that were opened... and then some (tower of terror 11 times)

Jessica had some friends she made last time she was at the parks (both of which work at the parks) We met up with them, met some characters on a more personal level because of it, managed to score some awesome spots for WOC without a fastpass, and saw the parks from a completely different perspective.

Now let me just add something about the shows..

Fantasmic was the reason I fell in love with Disneyland.. That show stuck with me the moment it ended in 2001.. So seeing it again (and seeing Murphy) was ABSOLUTELY amazing!

Remember Dreams Come True.. what can I say?! I never thought I'd get to see this show live.. After sitting on MiceChat the night of its premiere, waiting for video of this amazing new fireworks show.. It blew my mind. I was in complete awe and joy watching this show.. As were my friends. And the new tinkerbell effect (not so new now) was amazing!

and finally...

World of Color..

The hype, the countless threads, the videos.. they had led to this moment.. Our first viewing of the show would be on Tuesday, with the use of fast passes.. from the very front.. Wet Zone.

I LOVED IT. It was beautiful, majestic.. the videos do not do this show justice.. the colors alone are so vivid and beautiful. We all stood in awe.

The trip was fast paced, involved lots of walking, and very sore feet were a result. But from the sunshine, to finally getting to ride the HUGE ride that is Pirates of the Caribbean. I would not trade the experience we had for anything. Aladdin the Musical was amazing.. everything was amazing. Disneyland has stolen my heart, and I can't wait until we come back. I really am at a loss for words, I dont know how to sum up anything. I just felt truly blessed to be in the happiest place on earth, with great friends.

The theming is just amazing.

I probably had the best time of my life in this place. I finally got to do all the things I had read about on this site. (monte cristo anyone) Not too mention, I shared this all with my best friend.

This place is a truly magical place, and everyone who gets to experience it atleast once a week should feel so blessed. I wish I could be there every day.

On our last night, we watched Fantasmic again.. and then watched it from the far side (so cool seeing the behind the scenes side of the show) Watched Remember from the ROA. (Loved the use of fog and lasers) and then decided to do our final ride of the trip.

The Carousel.

The only ride we had not ridden yet.. Not going to lie.. I got a bit teary eyed going round on it, knowing it was the end.. But the real waterworks happened when I stepped off the ride, and was just about to walk under the castle.

Now it takes a lot to make me cry.. however... something hit me.. and tears started flowing. Who would have known after all these years on this site, lurking at photos, and videos.. feeling like I had already visited a hundred times.. that it would hit me like this.. However, it did.. And I miss the place greatly already.

As the california sun set on the train ride home.. there was a definite.. gloom among our group. We were sore, tired, but had just experienced a magical trip we will never forget.

Until the next one, I bid you all adieu.

(Apologies for the crummy organization of this report...)

~

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Darn Evan! I'm sorry I missed meeting you but glad you got a chance to see Disneyland and had a great time! Now that you've been once, you'll just have to plan another trip again soon!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Blog Entries

Oh I promise, and this time meeting Mice Chatters is on the agenda!

~

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Hey Evan! This report is GREAT! I particularly liked the toontown photo. Hope that you get to meet some of us next time.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

As a local, it warms my heart to hear the stories and experiences of someone from out of town. Thank you for sharing your trip with us locals. It makes me realize how special Disneyland really is!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Blog Entries

I really hope locals realize the special place they have.

and thanks fishy! The trip was filled tightly... Im hoping to come back soon though! A micechat meet will happen.

~

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great first TR DA!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• wishing upon a star :)

I actually teared up reading this haha. I'm glad that you had such a magical time

Blog Entries

Heres a few more random photos:

We went thru all these crazy tunnels on the train, and came out to this amazing view!

We made it!! Hazzah!

Me trying to take nice photos with my crappy camera:

Our first pixie we've ever met

Amelia got a cold on the last 2 days of trip... she was blowing her nose when Eeyore came up behind her.. he felt bad for her!

Does it need an explanation?

Okay funny story.. we were taking pics infront of this.. it was my turn to go.. we were taking 2 each.. I was all afraid that someone was gonna open gate.. but jessica got hers done.. no problem.. I step up.. take first photo.. suddenly loud noise from behind. gate starts opening.. I may or may not have ran away screaming like a little girl... there may or may not have been a lady with a stroller as a witness who laughed her butt off...

The ocean on the way home.. it was dark by the ocean when we arrived the first time.

~

Great TR!! I like the pic of the Matterhorn! I'm glad to see that you and your friends had a great time there.

• Rrrrreecite!

very heartfelt TR and you are adorable!! Nicely done!

• Indiana Scott

Fantastic TR ~ you're positive report sums up very closely how I feel about DLR. If I'm lucky, we get to go once a year and leaving that last day can get a bit emotional for me as well. It's obvious we both truly appreciate the park very much.
    We're going next week - can't wait!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast