Who's Done it? No! Not "it"! I mean the the WOC dining package?

As often asked I am going to ask it to! Anyone..and I mean anyone out there, please tell me ALL that can be told to me about the whole experience of WOC with the picinic package? Or how ever it goes!

I saw on the Disney site about it costing 15.99 in other words just explain everything there is to know about it!! Like the seating area to view, the food, everything you feel that I need to know....let me know!!

Much Thanks!!!!!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-27-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• (Not a) New User

Re: Who's Done it? No! Not "it"! I mean the the WOC dining package?

I've done the kids one before. It comes with a close-ended PBJ sandwich from Smuckers (I can't remember if there was another option for this though), a cupcake, a special WoC bag, a glow-up WoC bracelet, and special seating for the show. It was really awesome.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• I'm not really here

We did the cheese one on Dusty's excellent advice in October. You buy the picnic meal, eat it right then (or save it if you want to carry it around), and get your Blue section ticket. Line up later that night and get yourself a great spot.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    and get your Blue section ticket. Line up later that night and get yourself a great spot.
    Blue or Yellow section for the 2nd show if you buy your picnic over there instead of pre-ordering it online which gives you the option of getting the 1st or 2nd show.

I love doing the picnic when I can't get to the park early enough. I'm able to get my pass and lunch!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Circle of Ancients

We've done the Picnic twice and the dining package (Trattoria) once. All three times it worked great and it's a stress-free way to enjoy the show. But make sure you show up early. If the pass says to come at 7:00, show up at 6:30.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    I've done the kids one before. It comes with a close-ended PBJ sandwich from Smuckers (I can't remember if there was another option for this though), a cupcake, a special WoC bag, a glow-up WoC bracelet, and special seating for the show. It was really awesome.
    Although any picnic package is great, I would have to say that this picnic is the best one even if you're an adult. Heck, the bracelet is fun... and why can't an adult have a PB&J "sammich" at Disney? =)

I wasn't impressed with the other choices though as we had 6 people in our party to try em all. Totally worth the price though as not having to worry about getting a fast pass is awesome.

• I'm not really here

Can't wait to try the dinner package. We love the Trattoria.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I haven't, but I'm excited to try the Ariel's Grotto dining package, the atmosphere looks amazing.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

We did the Ariel's Grotto for dinner and the show. It was expensive. The food was very good, better than we expected. The dessert tray was impressive. We were given tickets for premiere seating.

However, we have a handicap person in our group and we were taken to the handicap section, which was right next to the reserved seating. We could have done the show without the $49 per person dinner tag.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• DLR Cast Member

Me and Mrs Riversofamerica have done the picnic package twice and the Trattoria twice. I find the price to be just right, and the food to be quite reasonable. I especially love the Trattoria for the atmosphere. It's a very relaxing way to end your day. But, as has been said before, make sure you show up early, making sure you get there BEFORE your fastpass says to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs marisa View Post
    As often asked I am going to ask it to! Anyone..and I mean anyone out there, please tell me ALL that can be told to me about the whole experience of WOC with the picinic package? Or how ever it goes!

I saw on the Disney site about it costing 15.99 in other words just explain everything there is to know about it!! Like the seating area to view, the food, everything you feel that I need to know....let me know!!

Much Thanks!!!!!
    Update January 25, 2011

There is no seating except for Handicapped or the front of the VIP section.

* Picnic Lunch fastpass ($16) - Wine Country Lunch ($30) fastpass- or an early fastpass from the GRR machine (FREE) work exactly the same.
    Entry into the Blue or yellow sections. Red is distributed after blue and yellow are gone.
    * Dinner at Arials or Wine Country ($40) will get you admission into the Preferred Dining section.

The fastpasses are distributed: 1st show: Blue, then Yellow, then Red.
    2nd show in same order.

First Show picnic fastpasses: Reserved before the day.
    2nd Show picnic Fastpasses: Purchased the same day.

First Show Preferred Dining: Early reservation
    2nd Show Preferred Dining: Late reservation

Preferred Dining
    1. Is now smaller.
    2. The upper Steps have been changed to Yellow and Blue.
    3. The lower Blue Handicapped has been changed the Perferred Dining.
    Blue Section
    1. The middle Handicapped section has been moved towards the center.
    2. Upper steps of PD have been changed to Blue.
    3. Added is a small section at the top next to VIP.
    Yellow
    1. Upper steps of PD have been changed to Yellow.

Some of the better spots are:
    1. The front rail at the bottom of the PD section.
    2. The top of the steps of the section next to the front of the PD section.
    3. The Handicapped sections towards the center.
    4. The top of the steps in the new areas added to Blue and Yellow.
    5. Just inside the entrance to the Blue behind the Yellow Hyd. (easy to get to).
    6. At the rails in Blue or Yellow towards the center.
    7. On the Bridge rail towards the center.
    8. The Red and Yellow WET section towards the center line. (FUN but wet)
    9. The yellow section just above the lower handicapped.

The show can be seen from any section - it is just more difficult to see over
    people if you are not at the front of each section at the rail.

• DLR Cast Member

I neglected to mention earlier. The viewing area for WOC is STANDING ONLY. If you're sitting, the CM's will instruct you to stand. The exception to this is the handicapped viewing area.