Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Workin to live,lovin life

Will Tower of Terror @ DCA ever be Randomized?

I tried looking at other threads by using the search engine, but I haven't seen any answers. (or I may not have looked beyond the first page of results)

Does anyone know why DCA's Tower of Terror doesn't have randomized drops and show effects? I would think that the technology is similar to Disney World's other than the different layout.

And if anything, considering that the vast majority of AP's for Disneyland are locals, I'd think that having each ride "unique" like Indy would be a positive.

I love the attraction, but I'm almost always open to plussing. (at the moment, I can't think of any that I dislike... I'm ok with IASW and PotC... they don't take anything away for me)

• Banned User

Re: Will Tower of Terror @ DCA ever be Randomized?

There will be no Random Drops for TOT

• Sharkbait

random drops for ToT is like HMs hatbox ghost. It's always rumored to be coming soon, or coming after a refurb or for some promo, but never does.
    In this vast network of sharks and minnows, where the minnows outnumber the sharks a million to one, why is it that we have yet to converge? To take on the upper hand? Why have we been so scared? Well not today, not anymore. This is us growing up, still young, but no longer impressionable. We have come to pillage! We have come to burn! We have come to incite the riot! We have come to take it over!

Bummer. The random drops fit so well... the unknown... the unpredictability reeks of Twilight Zone. The Chew Chew Train can go... take that budget and use that to plus Twilight Zone! j/k I'm sure it would cost more than the $5 they spent on Heimlich's train... I kid I kid!

• Banned User

Hey hey hey I work Heimlichs Chew Chew train lol Hello everyobdy my name is Heimlich and Im going to take you on my fun little ride so pretty pease to stay seated with your hands arms vings and legs inside at all times, omm mommas and poppas pease watch your children. Yes yes I know the spiel and the spanish version lol When I work Main Console I mouth it and I get all these points and looks guests go wow you do this a lot. I look at them and go yes Heimlich chases me in my dreams lol

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

When I was in the parks.. we rode the ride.. and the lady at the console was mouthing along hmmm!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    When I was in the parks.. we rode the ride.. and the lady at the console was mouthing along hmmm!
    Totally off topic of my own topic, but in your sig, are those images available as prints??? They're awesome!

• Banned User

Only thing Im a guy not a woman so its a friend of mine lol it might have been Jessica

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

well even better! haha.

and not sure about the images in sig.. I just found them online :S

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I don't think I would want truly random. DCA's Tower gets a bad rep for it's lack of 5th dimension room and some other thematic issues (like unthemed hallway when you enter/exit elevator) but many who have done both the Florida and California's ToT really like the DCA drop profile, even if it's the same one every time. I have known people who experience Florida's ToT often and claim they sometimes get a less than stellar drop portion of the ride.

I would rather Disney develop 3 or 4 really great drop profiles and then it be random which one you get but all of them would provide a great experience and none would be considered "the weak one".

Moved posts: Will the TOT ever be randomized.

I hope we get it eventually. probably wont happen for a while though because they already have so many other great things to promote at the resort. it will happen eventually though.
    Last edited by Disney Vault; 01-27-2011 at 01:14 PM.

• I'm not really here

I don't see why it, or something, wouldn't happen to the Tower. It's been doing its thing for a while and is coming due for a plussing of some sort.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    Bummer. The random drops fit so well... the unknown... the unpredictability reeks of Twilight Zone. The Chew Chew Train can go... take that budget and use that to plus Twilight Zone! j/k I'm sure it would cost more than the $5 they spent on Heimlich's train... I kid I kid!
    How does paying to have a ride removed and then paying to either fill or patch the spot make them money?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Roythe13th View Post
    I don't think I would want truly random. DCA's Tower gets a bad rep for it's lack of 5th dimension room and some other thematic issues (like unthemed hallway when you enter/exit elevator) but many who have done both the Florida and California's ToT really like the DCA drop profile, even if it's the same one every time. I have known people who experience Florida's ToT often and claim they sometimes get a less than stellar drop portion of the ride.

I would rather Disney develop 3 or 4 really great drop profiles and then it be random which one you get but all of them would provide a great experience and none would be considered "the weak one".
    I've ridden both.
    (IMO) DCA does have a better drop (and if you start from the first floor, not second)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Im sure they will.. once they need a new sort of promotion to go back to the parks

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast