Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Future Cast Member

Smile Disney College Program

I am a die hard Disney lover and have always dreamed to work for Disney. I few years ago I found out about the Disney College Program and knew that was something that I wanted to do. I am currently a Junior in high school, and have to start planning and making decision for college. I would just like some advice from any CP students or anyone that knows anything about it. When should I go into the CP?
    I know you need to have finished at least a semester of college before you enroll in the CP.

Any information of advice would be very helpful!

• Banned User

Re: Disney College Program

Hi there I never did the College Program but my co worker just completed the last one if you like PM me and I will give you her number and you can talk to her. She can tell you everything.

• Future Cast Member

Thank you so much! Is she a part of Micechat? I would rather talk to her over PM. You do not need to give out her number to random people. If you could just give me her username that would be awesome!

I suggest you do the Walt Disney World CP
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Closed Account

My cousin worked at WDW through the college program. I think that if you are from California or the west coast you have to go to WDW. She really liked it, it was a lot of hard work though. She was gone for an entire semester so it would probably be best to go soon after your first semester so that you are still taking general classes instead of major specific ones. My cousin had a hard time being so far away for such a long time, but as soon as she was back home she was wishing she could be back at WDW. I know that you don't have much of a choice in what type of cast member you are (ride operator etc). If I remember correctly, I think they place you based on interview questions and test like answers to other questions. You can explore the parks on your days off and you meet LOTS of fun, interesting people. They have apartment set ups for the students and there is a bus line that can get you to and from the parks as well as to nearby grocery stores and the like. I hope this helps and I wish you luck. I wish that I would have taken the opportunity to go when I was in my first years of college.

Disneyland does have a college program, but the competition is really tough. They don't offer as many positions and there's more people applying for them. Disneyland also doesn't offer entertainment positions. I would check out thse two sites:
    WDWCP: https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...wcp/index.html
    DLRCP: Disney Theme Parks and Resorts College Program: Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, California
    Good luck!

• DL College Program 97/98

I did the Disneyland College Program in California two years in a row as an attractions host. It was a whole lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

Do it! I did the DL CP this time last year, and it was a blast. I had already graduated, so I had no obligations to classes or anything like that, but most of my friends were still in school and managed to do well in their online classes.

For when you go, it really depends on whether you can afford to more-or-less take off for a semester, because they're going to work you a lot, and then there's all the extra fun activities you'll want to participate in. Check with your school about what classes you would be able to take while in the program.

If you are at World, you wouldn't have to take any of the classes that the program offers, but I really recommend them, because even though I didn't get credit for them, I took the lecture series with VPs of the Resort and the history of The WD Co. At DL, you're required to take at least one class per "semester," so with that and work, it can get pretty busy for you.

PM me if you have more questions - obviously, I love to talk about it! My actual role right now is Campus Rep for both programs, so it's my "job" (no pay, sadly) to talk to students about it and answer any questions they might have. I'm more of an expert on DL, but I know the information about World, just no firsthand experience.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

• Future Cast Member

Thank you guys so much! You all are so helpful!

• Former DL & WDW CM

I just finished my College Program at Disneyland on January 2nd, and am now a Campus Rep. I did the program during the second to last semester of my college career. I can't recommend the program enough - it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I was an Attractions Hostess.

The skills, growth and memories I gained from my semester there are invaluable. If you'd like to talk more in depth, feel free to PM me!

• Former CM

Hey ojeilatan I also just finished the DL College program as an Attraction Host on January 2nd! PM me maybe we know each other!

and to the OP

For me there is no competition as to where you should apply for the CP if you are a die hard Disney fanatic. Disneyland is the place to be. It's where the magic started and where the magic is thriving today. The experiences you'll have there (like the chance to tour Walt's Apartment is a true dream come true) plus with all the up and coming reimagineering of Disney California Adventure it'll truly be a great time to be a part of the Disneyland Resort! My college program changed my life. As I type, I'm sitting in an airport about to board my plane back to SoCal to meet up with some of my College Program friends to go to Disneyland tomorrow! It's truly a great experience! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

iheartdzny , what position were you thinking of doing, what is you interest? I think there are more to choose from at the WDW compare to DL
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    Hey ojeilatan I also just finished the DL College program as an Attraction Host on January 2nd! PM me maybe we know each other!

and to the OP

For me there is no competition as to where you should apply for the CP if you are a die hard Disney fanatic. Disneyland is the place to be. It's where the magic started and where the magic is thriving today. The experiences you'll have there (like the chance to tour Walt's Apartment is a true dream come true) plus with all the up and coming reimagineering of Disney California Adventure it'll truly be a great time to be a part of the Disneyland Resort! My college program changed my life. As I type, I'm sitting in an airport about to board my plane back to SoCal to meet up with some of my College Program friends to go to Disneyland tomorrow! It's truly a great experience! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
    After completing the DCP this past fall I couldn't agree more with DLFreak15. To reiterate what he said said; it was the best choice I've ever made in my life to apply and participate.

From a seasonal standpoint, fall college program definitly sees every up and down of what its like to work for a disney park. We arrive at the end of summer, see a month of offseason in september. Than we see halloween, holiday time, and get to stay through new years. I was away from my family the entire time, so missing the holidays was a bummer at first. But the people you meet really become a family for you, and most cases, they are in the same exact boat that you are.

I obviously didnt work in the spring at DL so i can only work from what ive heard and what ive been told by past CP's that stayed on. Those who did spring CP said that there is so much more going on for the fall CPers in terms of activity at the resort.

But i imagine all the opportunities offered exclusively for CP students shouldn't change.

As for Florida vs California. I met people who did Florida prior to coming to the California CP. Some said they liked Cali more because the felt it was way more intimate (due to the lower amount of interns) Others liked florida because they felt cp's had way more freedom and responsibility greatly due to just the size of WDW.

I could talk about this for days. good luck!

Does any know the requirements from the school standpoint in order to be in the college program

• Characters are my friends

The main requirements are that you have to be 18+ years old, be a current student in a college/university, and are in good standing with your school (that last one will vary by each school).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast