Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking Live: Disneyland Resort Press Event- Blue Sky Cellar and the Magic, Memories, and You

UPDATED 10pm (Fishbulb returned with great photos and stories, so we've replaced the low res iphone photos we had up earlier with his much clearer images and commentary.

The Disneyland Resort held a press event today to unveil the updated Blue Sky Cellar (featuring the Little Mermaid) and to launch the Magic, Memories, and You projection show on the facade of it's a small world.

Fishbulb and Sue Kruse attended the event and share some of their images and thoughts here and in tomorrow's In the Parks column.

Here's what they uncovered for us:

The Disney Geek and the Little Mermaid (we'll let you figure out which is which)

Before even entering the Blue Sky Cellar, visitors get a great view of the progress of Carsland. The imagineers took advantage of this and mounted a Visual guide to the land on the railing.

The view and the visual guide.

When you enter the Cellar the wall to your right features the new attraction posters for Paradise Pier and some more renderings of Goofy's Sky School.

I liked being able to see how the designs evolved.

The new Paradise Pier attraction posters that reflect the classic Disneyland attractions. I actually REALLY like these and think they are great. They lend a sense of place to these otherwise simple attractions.

The back wall with the two work desks are something that a fan can spend literally HOURS studying.

The left desk features the evolution of the track layout...

The right table features a bit of the architecture and materials used in the building...

Above the desks is a 1" replica of the hand painted mural that will stand as the back drop for the loading area. The 86' mural will greet guests as they board their clam shells.

The Model of the 6minute 30 second ride still remains in the center of the room but is joined by a 1" scale replica of the Ursula scene. She will be all in Black light and glowing evil. At 8' tall and 12' wide she will be a very impressive villain figure.

Then finally in the screening room area a new video screens that talks about The Little Mermaid ride along with the progress of the new Paradise garden Restaurants, Goofy's Sky School and Carsland. One of my favorite parts of the video was watching Lasseter and Staggs ride the test vehicle for the new Radiator Springs Racers. Hysterical.

Finally, to the right of the video screen, where the old DCA Park map was. is a new rendering of the park. Now, I won't blow the surprise on this one. But I will say, stay for a bout 5 minutes and just look at the map. Think digital projection, think Snow White Transformation room effect. Cool stuff happens on the Map.

More on the new show at small world shortly....

UPDATE (this time to add the Magic, the Memories, and You photos)

Okay. Now for the Premier of the new Let the Memories Begin show. Let me confess. I had serious reservations about this concept before seeing the show. Why would I want to watch a bunch of other peoples pictures projected onto a ride. Would it become more like a glorified slide show?

The show impressed me. Really. I think the key here is that the photos of guests that visited the park are not so much the focus as they are the accent. If you have a picture that is in the show, you certainly are invested. But if you don't it is actually very entertaining to watch and at times surprisingly moving. Weird, I know. But hey, it was.

The technology is similar to the tech used for the nightly projections during the holidays. but this, of course lasts a little longer. Clocking in at around 10 minutes the show transforms the surface of it's a small world into a variety of things. Let me just show you...

Well, friends, what do you think?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Mouse at work

Re: Live: Disneyland Resort Press Event- Blue Sky Cellar and the Magic, Memories, and

This looks really good, Dusty.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Re: Live: Disneyland Resort Press Event- Blue Sky Cellar and the Magic, Memories, and

Sweet! I can't wait!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The sea-glass window looks great. Lots of amazing details for this dark ride. Certainly a huge step up from the Fantasyland dark rides.

Love the new magic portrait. We'll get you some better photos later tonight when Fishy gets home with his camera.

Looking forward to see how the Small World show differs from the WDW castle version.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Looks great! Thanks for update. I guess we all know why they panel on dome was removed recently, the sign.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Some new images have found their way to the wall to the left of the big projection screen
    Find us on Facebook:

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Love Love LOVE that art glass!! Ok, I think I'm over my previous nostalgia for keeping the PoFA "original".
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

• Disney Fan & Musician

Amazing. Can't wait to see Mermaid!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Hoping we'll hear some hints for Phase 2 - there was rumors of some Hollywoodland stuff appearing. I'm sure Fishy will let us know if he sees anything.

Thanks for the update!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

this is great news... Everything I am seeing I like alot... the stained glass windows ... wow

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Room by room layout of the Mermaid ride

Here's a detail of the left side of the image above

And the right side
    Find us on Facebook:

^^^^
    If i'm not mistaken....thats not the actual layout. The real layout is entirely different. The actual entrance is on the other side of the building.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Fishy's is on his way home to update you with photos from the Cellar and the new projection show at Disneyland.

He actually liked the Small World Magic, Memories and You show. Said that it was very similar to the Florida version but on a much more intimate scale. The technology is amazing and the photos of guests aren't really the focus of the show but rather an accent to it.

I'll let him explain, along with his photos in just a bit.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Metal Head loves Disney

Thanks for the update tonight. Quick question... did they released new park maps?
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Dream in wonderful color!

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to Fishbulb's report
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast