Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

Source: Screamscape

Although most all featyres of the ride are subject to it's random system, here is some new information that's buzzing about:

• At some point during the shuttle flight, guests would encounter Darth Vader who screams out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...just kidding. Lord Vader scans (probably using special effects to simulate the Force) all of the riders in order to identify a rebel spy. After that, guests will likely speed away thrusters on full in order to escape the dark side.
    • Spoiler
      I'm planning to sneak churros in to munch on during my ride, and you can have one if you like.
    • There would also be an encounter with the early (partially built) Death Star.
    • Get ready to join in on a Pod Racer race with your Starspeeder!
    • Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Stinks
      ...err Binks on Naboo. i find this exciting as something tells me that part of the journey will take place under the sea.
    Sabastian and Jar Jar Binks Duet

Unda the seaza
    Unda the seaza
    Darlingza eetza better
    Down where eetza whetter
    Jar Jar and Meeza
    Up on the shoreza theyza work all dayza
    Out in the sunza theyza slave awayza
    While wheeza devotin'
    Full timeza to floatin'
    Under the seaza

Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars Video)
    YouTube - Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars video)

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-30-2011 at 03:31 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

Lucas is going to ruin the ride by sticking as many of his characters he can in the ride........just work on the RIDE don't just try to make 1000 more toys to sell just make a good ride. As a fan I would rather see more New things on the planets then just rehashing characters we have see on the TV show and movies.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Lucas is going to ruin the ride by sticking as many of his characters he can in the ride........just work on the RIDE don't just try to make 1000 more toys to sell just make a good ride. As a fan I would rather see more New things on the planets then just rehashing characters we have see on the TV show and movies.
    Keep in mind that every ride is randomly different. Being such, there's plenty of room for a large ensemble of characters. I look extremely forward to this.

I agree with you 100%. Jerrod. that Star Tours 2 would be even more interesting if George Lucas would add some new characters, and maybe even a new planet. Just hope he doesn't give us a new moon.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Doesn't John Lassetter have creative control of what comes out of WDI? I truly think he will not allow any kind of the crap from Jar Jar that was in Phantom Menace to creep into Star Tours. Jar Jar might make an appearance, but he probably won't have any dialog. If he does, it will be done well and not the slapstick, farcical nonsense that we know from the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Keep in mind that every ride is randomly different. Being such, there's plenty of room for a large ensemble of characters. I look extremely forward to this.

I agree with you 100%. Jerrod. that Star Tours 2 would be even more interesting if George Lucas would add some new characters, and maybe even a new planet. Just hope he doesn't give us a new moon.
    As a ride it was more about the PLACES you went to and the general feeling you had of exploring that universe.

R2D2 and C3PO were nice to have along for the trip and references in the queue were great and all but we don't need characters outside a pilot really.

We didn't need Luke or Han in the original ride so I'm very hesitant about characters appearing in these rides especially with the lack of class and restraint Star Wars has these days.

Jar Jar would of course be the worse idea, however a prolonged venture with Yoda could be just as annoying even if the intention is to be cute.

I'd like more destinations and scenarios for sure but more characters won't help the ride.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Doesn't John Lassetter have creative control of what comes out of WDI? I truly think he will not allow any kind of the crap from Jar Jar that was in Phantom Menace to creep into Star Tours. Jar Jar might make an appearance, but he probably won't have any dialog. If he does, it will be done well and not the slapstick, farcical nonsense that we know from the prequels.
    I don't like Jar Jar anymore than you do. Still, if his inclusion means that we'll get to experience the underwater world of the Naboobian Sea, I'm all for it!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    As a ride it was more about the PLACES you went to and the general feeling you had of exploring that universe.

R2D2 and C3PO were nice to have along for the trip and references in the queue were great and all but we don't need characters outside a pilot really.

We didn't need Luke or Han in the original ride so I'm very hesitant about characters appearing in these rides especially with the lack of class and restraint Star Wars has these days.

Jar Jar would of course be the worse idea, however a prolonged venture with Yoda could be just as annoying even if the intention is to be cute.

I'd like more destinations and scenarios for sure but more characters won't help the ride.
    I guess everybody has their character threshold. I like the idea of a large ensemble...but see your point that DL could over do the number of characters that are featured.

The way that the software and hardware is being designed for this ride, I would imagine that WDI will be periodically creating additional destinations and scenarios.

• Banned User

I want as many characters as possible in the ride, personally. The old ride never felt like Star Wars to me, as much as I liked it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I want as many characters as possible in the ride, personally. The old ride never felt like Star Wars to me, as much as I liked it.
    Now that's the positive spirit! There's a vibrant number of characters cast for each film. Why should a StarTours ride (or whatever the name will be) be any different?

This was posted in the other star tours thread

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Cause this is why Nemo sucks....they just stuck characters into an adventure and it felt like I was just watching a DVD.....make it about the adventure more then some cameo's that won't make much sense anyway.

Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Binks
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Source: Screamscape

Although most all featyres of the ride are subject to it's random system, here is some new information that's buzzing about:

• At some point during the shuttle flight, guests would encounter Darth Vader who screams out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...just kidding. Lord Vader scans (probably using special effects to simulate the Force) all of the riders in order to identify a rebel spy. After that, guests will likely speed away thrusters on full in order to escape the dark side.
    • Spoiler
      I'm planning to sneak churros in to munch on during my ride, and you can have one if you like.
    • There would also be an encounter with the early (partially built) Death Star.
    • Get ready to join in on a Pod Racer race with your Starspeeder!
    • Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Stinks
      ...err Binks on Naboo. i find this exciting as something tells me that part of the journey will take place under the sea.
    Sabastian and Jar Jar Binks Duet

Unda the seaza
    Unda the seaza
    Darlingza eetza better
    Down where eetza whetter
    Jar Jar and Meeza
    Up on the shoreza theyza work all dayza
    Out in the sunza theyza slave awayza
    While wheeza devotin'
    Full timeza to floatin'
    Under the seaza

Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars Video)
    YouTube - Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars video)

HAHAHA, ! I don't think they would try to include Sebastian and friends in ST2 because TLM:AUA will feature him and more in DCA, so don't count on that. Also, it's just three months away from ST2 opening.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Cause this is why Nemo sucks....they just stuck characters into an adventure and it felt like I was just watching a DVD.....make it about the adventure more then some cameo's that won't make much sense anyway.
    These are two very different attractions.One was completely rethemed, the other refurbished. Film ride often retail a story. If you feel like you're just watching the DVD, how do you feel about the Fantasyland dark rides?? Same thing, just different technology. If it weren't screens, but animatronics, would you feel differently?

Also, Pirates, Splash, Roger Rabbit, and a slew of other widely popular rides showcase the characters they're based on (as they should) and Star Tours has never (in my opinion) felt like a good reflection of the movies. Do I like it? Yes. Does it feel like a Star Wars ride? Not really. I think any increase in characters can only improve an attraction that is meant to bring the films to life, not ignore them.

This couldn't go into the Star Wars thread because...

WDI and George Lucas are putting a lot of work into this one and should come out phenomenal. I for one do wish there was less characters from the films involved though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast