main street usa :) I wish i really live in socal

IDEAS TO CELEBRATE MY 21st BIRTHDAY AT DISNEYLAND

So its a month till my birthday and I want to spend my birthday at Disneyland.

I was wondering what places or ideas you have done for your birthday that were memorable.

I have heard Blue Bayou is a good place to dine at and celebrate special events.

I would like to hear your ideas or past birthday celebrations at the parks. Hope to hear from you

• Sock Puppet

Re: IDEAS TO CELEBRATE MY 21st BIRTHDAY AT DISNEYLAND

I celebrated my birthday at the Storyteller's cafe inside the Grand Californian Hotel, its by GRR... It has great food, and also if you say it is your birthday they give you a free cupcake. Also it is not very expensive... (Unlike Blue Bayou ._. )

• Shifting cargo

Make sure to get a birthday pin from city hall.
    I've only celebrated one birthday at the parks before and I celebrated it at Club 33. Since that's such an exclusive club, I'll take a wild guess and say that you don't have a membership or know anyone who does. If you happen to, then Club 33 is amazing. They give you a very cool Mickey dessert too.

Blue Bayou's atmosphere can't be beat and although it's on the pricey side, it's a great restaurant, especially for your birthday because you can get practically the entire restaurant and maybe even some people going by on boats to sing you "Happy Birthday". And since it's your big 2-1, head over to DCA and get yourself an alcoholic drink. If ElecTRONica is still around you can get a drink there in a pretty light up glass or you can go to the restaurants on Paradise peer for some mixed drinks.

Have a magical 21st!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I have yet to experience my birthday at a Disney theme park. I myself am and forever will be a Magic Kingdom boy at heart but I am excited for all the new Disneyland park additions that is to come.

My suggestions for your birthday trip. Try to take a picture of every hour of your day in the park. This way you can document your scrapbook slash photo album with what you did your entire birthday day. Nothing like a visual memory that reminded you what you did every hour of your eventful birthday trip to the park.

Another idea. Grab a load of cupcake, cookies, candy goodies from Main Street and then find an outdoors table near the end of Main Street and have yourself a little birthday treat feast. To add to this idea, if you're going with a friend or family members, have them go buy you something really quick in Main Street while you wait at the table and let everyone bring you the treats and gift bag "wrapped" presents. Have someone make a fake birthday candle out of stock paper and insert it in a cupcake or mini cake bought from Main Street bakeries. Don't let everything happen at your one sit down dining experience like Blue Bayou. This way you can spread out your birthday activities throughout the day.

Find out when your birthday hour was. For example if you were born at 2:16pm then at 2:16pm on the day you go to Disneyland, you start a brand new "year" during that magical hour doing your absolute favorite thing in Disneyland. Of course this would only work if you born during park hours. If you were born at 3:20am well then this wouldn't work.

Enjoy your b-day at Dland!

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

For my late birthday I'm having it this Sat. at Club 33. But if I didn't have the connections I would have gone to Blue Bayou or Storytellers Cafe. But enough about food...going with a group of friends? Do a scavenger hunt. I'm secretly planning one for my sisters birthday coming up soon.

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is awesome..if southern food is your thing. Last time I went it was $25 per person..but they just keep the food coming! It's awesome. And their dessert is awesome! They have Pizookie-style stuff. Hope you have a great birthday!

• wishin for fins

I celebrated my 21st last October in the parks and had a blast!

-Of course, get a birthday pin at City Hall/Ticket Booth(depending on which has the most horrific looking line). You will NEVER be wished Happy Birthday more than this year.
    -There's desserts everywhere that will make it okay that there's no traditional huge cake.
    -Booze. You'll be 21 and I'm assuming you're interested in it now. DCA has the ElecTRONica area which serves at night as well as the margaritas in Pacific Wharf.

I had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I am a sucker for their clam chowder and has some ridiculous drink in a light up flashing cup. Definitely appealed to the 8-year old in me vs. the newly 21.

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map,
    and I knew somehow I could find my way back

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    Make sure to get a birthday pin from city hall.
    I've only celebrated one birthday at the parks before and I celebrated it at Club 33. Since that's such an exclusive club, I'll take a wild guess and say that you don't have a membership or know anyone who does. If you happen to, then Club 33 is amazing. They give you a very cool Mickey dessert too.

Blue Bayou's atmosphere can't be beat and although it's on the pricey side, it's a great restaurant, especially for your birthday because you can get practically the entire restaurant and maybe even some people going by on boats to sing you "Happy Birthday". And since it's your big 2-1, head over to DCA and get yourself an alcoholic drink. If ElecTRONica is still around you can get a drink there in a pretty light up glass or you can go to the restaurants on Paradise peer for some mixed drinks.

Have a magical 21st!

Thanks for the birthday wishes I will see if Electronica is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by warmonthesand View Post
    I celebrated my 21st last October in the parks and had a blast!

-Of course, get a birthday pin at City Hall/Ticket Booth(depending on which has the most horrific looking line). You will NEVER be wished Happy Birthday more than this year.
    -There's desserts everywhere that will make it okay that there's no traditional huge cake.
    -Booze. You'll be 21 and I'm assuming you're interested in it now. DCA has the ElecTRONica area which serves at night as well as the margaritas in Pacific Wharf.

I had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I am a sucker for their clam chowder and has some ridiculous drink in a light up flashing cup. Definitely appealed to the 8-year old in me vs. the newly 21.

Thank you soo much for the tips. Happy belated birthday Hope it was magical

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatAlodie View Post
    For my late birthday I'm having it this Sat. at Club 33. But if I didn't have the connections I would have gone to Blue Bayou or Storytellers Cafe. But enough about food...going with a group of friends? Do a scavenger hunt. I'm secretly planning one for my sisters birthday coming up soon.

Scavenger hunt would be amazing never though of that. I should make one. Hope yours comes out good

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I have yet to experience my birthday at a Disney theme park. I myself am and forever will be a Magic Kingdom boy at heart but I am excited for all the new Disneyland park additions that is to come.

My suggestions for your birthday trip. Try to take a picture of every hour of your day in the park. This way you can document your scrapbook slash photo album with what you did your entire birthday day. Nothing like a visual memory that reminded you what you did every hour of your eventful birthday trip to the park.

Another idea. Grab a load of cupcake, cookies, candy goodies from Main Street and then find an outdoors table near the end of Main Street and have yourself a little birthday treat feast. To add to this idea, if you're going with a friend or family members, have them go buy you something really quick in Main Street while you wait at the table and let everyone bring you the treats and gift bag "wrapped" presents. Have someone make a fake birthday candle out of stock paper and insert it in a cupcake or mini cake bought from Main Street bakeries. Don't let everything happen at your one sit down dining experience like Blue Bayou. This way you can spread out your birthday activities throughout the day.

Find out when your birthday hour was. For example if you were born at 2:16pm then at 2:16pm on the day you go to Disneyland, you start a brand new "year" during that magical hour doing your absolute favorite thing in Disneyland. Of course this would only work if you born during park hours. If you were born at 3:20am well then this wouldn't work.

Enjoy your b-day at Dland!

Thanks for the tips.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Capt33jack View Post
    Scavenger hunt would be amazing never though of that. I should make one. Hope yours comes out good
    Heres a link to website I looked for examples for my picture scavenger hunt...my year of new things: Help me plan a Disneyland Scavenger Hunt

Think of it, with all these fun pictures, you can make a scrapbook, post them up on FB, It'll be fun memories to share!