Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Smile Why Disneyland is wonderful, and great!

Why is Disneyland Special to you , What makes it so great? Why Do you keep coming back? Is it a special smelll when we step on main street , is it a sound you hear?

Lets keep this a purely positive thread. we all have love for Disneyland and I would love to hear why but honestly this is not a thread where I want to know whats wrong with disneyland or why you feel its ruined.. etc

So what makes disney magic for you?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Why Disneyland is wonderful, and great!

Great Thread!!!!

For me, it's not something tangible that I can put my finger on. I just know that when I'm at Disneyland, whatever it is that is going on in my life kind of goes away while I'm there.

Even today, with walls everywhere, with the rain (which I love personally) ... it was just a PERFECT day. I got to spend the day with some of my favorite people in the world at one of our favorite places in the world. A person honestly couldn't ask for anything more than that.

• wishing upon a star :)

Disneyland is its own world. Once I walk through the gates, I feel like I'm on a completely different planet. The sound of the Disneyland Railroad, the smell of Splash Mountain, the feeling of pure happiness that I experience all over the park is truly magical. Even when I go by myself, I look like a fool and can't stop smiling all day long. It truly is the happiest place on earth

• Minion

It is my main happiness in life
    People may think I'm weird for being a fan but they don't understand the magic Disneyland brings and they are only concerned with real life
    I try my best to believe I'm in a different place
    Dropping into the Briar Patch, floating in the middle of a pirate battle, having a ghost sit next to you, racing through the cosmos, escaping the temple of Mara, goofing around with the Mad Hatter and Tweedles, gazing at gorgeous flower beds, and listening to the music are all reasons I go to Disneyland

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It makes me feel like a kid again, living in the moment. And that's even if I don't sit in on any shows or ride any rides.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Production Designer

It's reliving my childhood for a day. It's escaping from life's traumas and filling your senses with smells, familiar music and eye-candy.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

It's like a comfort food...addicting and therapeutic..it's something that will always be there to help escape from everywhere else

The closest place to heaven

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Detail and atmosphere, hands down. The small corners and secluded spots, the waterfalls, the ambiance music and sound effects, the clutter even in stores and on buildings, the attention paid to lighting and atmosphere in rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion....it's designed beautifully.

I always enjoy hearing the two shots from the Jungle Cruise hippo pool when walking into the park, and looking up at the creaky mannequin displays along the ceiling of the Emporium. The Houdini memorabilia and artifacts recently added to the Magic Shop window are a delight, and the party line phone in the Market House is an amusing distraction for a few minutes. As for a relaxing time, I can't go wrong with a hot dog, coke, and a jalapeno cheese pretzel and sitting at one of the outdoor tables at Coke Corner while thinking about what to do next.

Traveling around the park, the chanting tiki poles and drumming statues inside the Tiki Room always amuse me, along with the surprised yells of the 'first-time' riders on Jungle Cruise when the pirhanas surface and blast some unsuspecting guest leaning out of the boat with water. The exit area of Indy and the Jungle Cruise itself at night are delightfully convincing, with the howls of monkeys and screeching birds melding with the recorded Swisskapolka from the base of the tree house as you near Pirates.

Inside Pirates, I could literally spend all day if allowed in the skeleton caves at the beginning, hearing the roar of the waterfalls and eerie echoes of 'Dead men tell no tales'. The back streets of New Orleans Square are always worth taking time and noticing the abundant detail, the creepy "corn husk" type mask on the balcony facing the restrooms is one of my favorites. Inside the Haunted Mansion, I always wait and linger for the other guests to rush ahead to board their Doombuggies, so I may enjoy the portrait hall uninterrupted for a minute or so: the flashes of lighting, low, perfect music and sounds of the howling wind. It truly can feel like a old abandoned, haunted house at that time, if you let it. once on the ride, my favorite by far are the creepy family photos lining the tattoo-like, eye and demon face wallpaper as the knocks, raps, and strange voices echo all around.

The music of the Bootstrappers and their energy is always fun to stop and listen to, and over on Pirate's Lair, I always walk through Dead Man's Grotto to soak up the ambiance, then stop by the newly re-opened Pioneer Cemetery on the back of the island behind Fort Wilderness.

Beyond, into Critter Country, I always enjoy the rustic music from the Splash Mountain area, and the brief fall and small dip in pitch dark before the flourescent pools is delightful once inside the mountain itself. I never pass up an opportunity to snag a chocolate covered pretzel or other snack from the Pooh candy store, and sit along the water on the lower level of the Hungry Bear to socialize with the park felines that wander by.

My favorite aspects of Frontierland are definitely the variety of potted cacti and flowers at the entrance to Rancho del Zocalo, the Day of the Dead display the comes during Halloween, and the path around back of big Thunder at night, with the sounds of the train rattling by and coyotes howling.

In Fantasyland, the apple outside Snow White that cackles is fantastic, and the Evil Queen peering down at the courtyard from above the stone carved 'raven-on-skull' gargoyles that line the building. The grasping spooky trees and fluttering bats inside always delight me, no matter how low tech, and inside Peter Pan, my favorite moment is always the dip down towards Skull Rock and the captive Tiger Lilly, gulls cawing. Over at Alice and down the rabbit hole, my favorites remain the odd birds of the Tulgey Wood and the sudden appearance of the Cheshire Cat. At the end of the new castle walkthrough lies my perhaps favorite Fantasyland effect: the sudden appearance of Maleficent's shadow accompanied by a crack of thunder and her distinctive evil laugh.

When approaching the Matterhorn, just the sounds of the crystaline chimes, wind, and the roaring of the snow beast inside make me excited without even riding the ride. At night is the best, whipping around the ice caves and into the cool air, catching glimpses of the park, before the snowman lunges out at you, red eyes glaring. I may not be the most fond of the Nemo subs, but the sound effect of the bubbles rushing up outside the porthole and the narrator calling "Dive! Dive!" still is fun and reminds me of the past. Further on, I am very fond of the anglerfish lurking outside, waiting to be illuminated suddenly, still plastic figures though they may be. Beyond, in Toontown, the back alleys of Roger Rabbit are great, especially the Ink and Paint club in the queue, and the 'Gag Factory' inside the ride with it's calliope music and evil clowns among other props.

Into Tomorrowland, my favorite far and away is the "comm chat" for Space Mountain audio track: "Space Venture, this is Mission Control, all status is go." The weird noodly space music is also good, most audible to me at the Space Mountain exit and bathroom area.

For me, nothing wraps up a day at Disneyland like a trip around the park on board the train, culminating in a visit to the Primeval World. The atmosphere and music are fantastic, I love the igunadons with glowing eyes, huge insects, and squawking pterodactyl in particular.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

Churros.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Great Thread!!!!

For me, it's not something tangible that I can put my finger on. I just know that when I'm at Disneyland, whatever it is that is going on in my life kind of goes away while I'm there.

Even today, with walls everywhere, with the rain (which I love personally) ... it was just a PERFECT day. I got to spend the day with some of my favorite people in the world at one of our favorite places in the world. A person honestly couldn't ask for anything more than that.
    My brain has shut off... So what Clinks says ^

• former CM

Re: Why Disneyland is wonderful and great!

It's where my mom took me on Dumbo three times in a row on a crowded sumer day when I was 3 in '67. It's one of the reasons I came to California for college: to work there. It's where I spent several of the best days of my life with my daughter. I'd like a few of those to be Bill Murray "Groundhog Day[s]."

It's the entertainers, the gardens, the spectacular night-time shows, and the promise of better things to come. It's capitalism that's not always just a means to making money. It's freedom, it's beauty, it's miraculous, it's where some of my most pleasant memories were created.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

These are all great reasons why we love Disneyland..

For me Disneyland is a place I can call home... No matter whats happening good or bad in your life you can always look to Disneyland for a true sense of happiness and nostalgia to quote James earl Jones from field of dreams
    " It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again"

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The thing that really stuck with me was the music everywhere.. especially main street.. When you have headphones on and are dancing about, you look like a freak.. When there is a soundtrack for everyone to hear.. its just awesome!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I always feel like I'm in another world. A much happier place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast