Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Time Traveler

Long Beach/Disneyland

OK, I'm sure there are some mc'ers that live in Long Beach. Do any of you know how far the airport is from DL? My girlfriend were going to drive to DL in December, but her mom bought us plane tickets in to Long Beach for a Christmas present. I always fly to SNA, but I've never been to Long Beach airport. Any recommendations on transportation to Anaheim?
    Thanks for any help.
    -Danny
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

Re: Long Beach/Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24
    OK, I'm sure there are some mc'ers that live in Long Beach. Do any of you know how far the airport is from DL? My girlfriend were going to drive to DL in December, but her mom bought us plane tickets in to Long Beach for a Christmas present. I always fly to SNA, but I've never been to Long Beach airport. Any recommendations on transportation to Anaheim?
    Thanks for any help.
    -Danny
    It took me a little over an hour one time, traffic wasn't great. I maped quest the distance and it said 25 min, proablly on a good day!
    Great Odin's raven!

• Again! Again! Again!

Depending on the time of day you get in, it's only about a half hour or so. The worst part you hit is the 91 East, but that's only for a few miles. Quickest way...405 S, 605 N, 91 E, 5 S...off at Disneyland/Ball exit.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Disneydan - Time of day is everything. Weekday mornings are bad as early as 6:00 through about 9:30 am. Evenings from 4:00 through 7:00pm probably the same rush hours as other large cities. The 91 has a car pool lane but there are huge bottlenecks from 91 to 605, and 605 to 405 North if you are headed back to the airport. With all the extra security now at the airport you'll want to leave yourself extra time. I'd leave at least an hour for travel just to be safe, unless you hit the freeway during a light time of day. If the 91 is blocked, a good alternate is Katella North to the 605...but only if the freeway is blocked. Any of the freeways Grumpy4 mentioned can be extremely nasty depending on time of day, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Depending on the time of day you get in, it's only about a half hour or so. The worst part you hit is the 91 East, but that's only for a few miles. Quickest way...405 S, 605 N, 91 E, 5 S...off at Disneyland/Ball exit.
    ^ That is one way, I live near the airport and to get to DL I take the 405-S to the 22-E to 5-N Exit DL. It usually takes us 15-20 mins tops. BTW alot of people are not taking the 22 because of construction thats why there is less traffic, just remember to keep an eye out for the signs.

• -

Thumbs up Re: Long Beach/Disneyland

Don't drive any freeways at all. When you leave the airport, drive south (turn right) on Lakewood Blvd for two traffic lights then turn left on Willow heading east for 13 miles. Willow eventually turns into Katella (you won't even notice). Turn left on Disneyland Drive. Drive up to Ball Road then make a U-turn into the Mickey & Friends parking structure.

It's the easiest way...and no traffic. Takes about 30 minutes during the day. At night it's even shorter time.

• Long live the Fire Lord

I would not take the streets, if there's a accident or a stop light you'll be there all day. DON'T take the 405 to the 22, too much construction. PLus you may not be able to exit where you want too. Go with what the majority says, take the 605 to the 91 to the 5. As soon as you get to the 91 you can use the carpool lane. You can get on the 5 and exit to Disneyland without leaving the carpool lane. I live near the airport, that way only take more then 30 minutes during rush hour.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

"System Error" has the right idea, but the wrong street! When you leave LB airport you are headed straight out (east) on Wardlow Rd. No need to take a right or left on Lakewood Blvd., just go straight. Wardlow becomes Ball Road after it passes over the 605 freeway. Take Ball Road all the way to the Anaheim area and turn right on Disneyland Way. Probably will take about 25-30 minutes.

• Gay Man

I live in Long Beach about 10 minutes South West of the airport and my car knows the way to DL from anyplace in LB.

I think the street directions have been covered (Wardlow/Ball or Willow/Katella are ways I go).

For freeway routes from the airport, I'd take Lakewood Blvd north to the 91 East to the 5 South. Get in the carpool lane on the 91 and you'll never have to get out. There is an exit to the 5 and an exit from the 5 at Disneyland Drive. Exit there, turn left and you'll go straight to the Parking Structure.

I find the freeway is usually the quickest route especially if you can use the carpool lane. I can't get to DL in about 20 minutes without traffic and within 45 with severe traffic.

• Time Traveler

OK, thanks. I wasn't going to be driving from the airport, I was wondering if there's like a super shuttle or a bus. Would a taxi be too much?
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60

• Again! Again! Again!

Yes, definitely stay off the 22 E. The construction is a killer on the traffic!! Not only that, if you go that way and get stuck in traffic, you can't even get off at the Harbor-North exit because it's closed.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24
    OK, thanks. I wasn't going to be driving from the airport, I was wondering if there's like a super shuttle or a bus. Would a taxi be too much?
    Off the top of my head, I think the Super Shuttle would be less expensive. If you are staying at one of the DL hotels, does the Disney Shuttle stop at the Long Beach airport? I know they have a bus that runs to LAX. As for taxi's, yeah, I think they would be more than a Super Shuttle.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hey at least you will be able to tell the SUPER SHUTTLE guy the best way to drive to the resort!

• Time Traveler

OK, thanks for the help. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post. Thanks
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Long Beach Airport requires that Taxi's charge a flat rate to the Disneyland Resort, as of 9/22, it was $36.

Fares to the Airport usually are about $45 from the DLR.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast