• Future Cast Member :)

Recent Changes to Indy?

This may be old news, but yesterday was like the first time I've been on Indiana Jones in like a month, so I noticed a few changes. On the ramp right after you exit the Skull Room, a new little bit of music was playing, and then a voice came on that sounded like Indy. Then right after that when you enter the Bat Cave, the car didn't pause really at all. Another minor thing I noticed is that they changed the floors out in the elevators. Is this old news?

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Recent Changes to Indy?

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGhost View Post
    This may be old news, but yesterday was like the first time I've been on Indiana Jones in like a month, so I noticed a few changes. On the ramp right after you exit the Skull Room, a new little bit of music was playing, and then a voice came on that sounded like Indy. Then right after that when you enter the Bat Cave, the car didn't pause really at all. Another minor thing I noticed is that they changed the floors out in the elevators. Is this old news?
    1. Well, thats actually some sort of glitch in the jeeps that goes on and off. The voice is Indy. I believe in the Snake room, he was supposed say one of three lines:

A. "Snakes! You guys are on your own"
    B. "Careful, watch out for anything that slithers!"
    C. "Snakes, why it'd have to be snakes?" (Which is what you heard).
    For some reason though, the 3rd line isn't activated randomly at the snake room. The first two regulary randomize.
    2. Thats part of the programming that recently returned. Sometimes you don't stop at the Rat room, sometimes you do.

3. I did notice the new floor in the elevators. Only one had one when I went last Tues then got around to the other one which got it I think a couple of days after I noticed the new floor.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Disneyland Historian

I think you only stop in the rat room if the transport ahead of yours hasn't cleared the next zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    I think you only stop in the rat room if the transport ahead of yours hasn't cleared the next zone.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the stops can happen at any point in the attraction if the EMV in front of you is not where it's supposed to be. On one of the ridethroughs I did of Indy in the summer of 09, our transport did a stall/stop 6 times.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Future Cast Member :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    1. Well, thats actually some sort of glitch in the jeeps that goes on and off. The voice is Indy. I believe in the Snake room, he was supposed say one of three lines:

A. "Snakes! You guys are on your own"
    B. "Careful, watch out for anything that slithers!"
    C. "Snakes, why it'd have to be snakes?" (Which is what you heard).
    For some reason though, the 3rd line isn't activated randomly at the snake room. The first two regulary randomize.
    2. Thats part of the programming that recently returned. Sometimes you don't stop at the Rat room, sometimes you do.

3. I did notice the new floor in the elevators. Only one had one when I went last Tues then got around to the other one which got it I think a couple of days after I noticed the new floor.
    Thanks for the details

• Parking Lot > DCA

Everytime I ride IJA, I am blown away by the way they did the boulder effect. Everytime.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The audio on Indy seems tempermental. Sometimes this summer if we stalled to long the audio would cut out completely and stay silent until we passed the next checkpoint where it would cut in again.

I guess the loop only goes so long until it expects the jeep to pass the next sensor and jump to the next cue. Maybe thats related to what happened with you?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

The "snake lines" have been there since day one
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-31-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Future Disney Imagineer

I'm not aware of an Elevator in the Indy ride. Can someone elaborate?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

There is an elevator in the Indy queue that takes riders up to the section of the queue that goes over the tracks (in a hallway) and then another that goes down and opens on the island between the two loading tracks. This simply allows those who cannot take the stairs in these sections of the queue to go around them.

Yeah, my friend had a broken leg and we took the elevators. I appreciate the fact the elevator is themed as well (rusty and old looking inside).