• former CM

Question Disneyland Dreams and Weird Flashbacks, anyone?

I know from past threads that I'm not alone in having dreams with weird alternative reality versions of Disney parks. Actually, I haven't been having as many Disney dreams as I used to, but on the train heading to the Main Street station a couple of seasons ago, I came out of the tunnel after the dinosaurs and looked to the left (south) fully expecting to see the parking lot that was there before DCA was built. My Disneyland memories endure.

That's my weirdest flashback. Have any of you had any Disneyland/WDW dreams?
    Please lie back on the couch and share as I stroke my beard and take notes!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland Dreams and Weird Flashbacks, anyone?

I have had plenty of dreams where I think I am at Disneyland, but it's always a weird twisted Disneyland and isn't the same as it really is.

One of those things where you wake up and you realize you aren't there, and none of it was real and instantly get bummed.

• =)

Oh, yes. One time, Space Mountain consisted of a large, dark, metallic cube made of exposed infrastructure and piping and whatnot. We were running around on top of it, being chased by Br'er Fox.

Actually, what's more remarkable for me is when I have a Disneyland dream that's not an alternate reality. I can only remember that happening once, and it was just a literal replay of a place I'd recently walked in real life.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

My favorite recalled dream involved riding Haunted Mansion and the graveyard part leading into a portion with underground caves filled with bloody skeletons and more pop-up ghouls and severed heads...but then, I am a weirdo, and might like that being part of the ride...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I have had plenty of dreams where I think I am at Disneyland, but it's always a weird twisted Disneyland and isn't the same as it really is.

One of those things where you wake up and you realize you aren't there, and none of it was real and instantly get bummed.
    Exactly, except that I thought they were cool dreams when I woke and I had them often enough that I was confident I'd have more. In fact I used to have Disney dreams every night for quite a while. I hope they return after I return WDW in Jan of 2012 and everything is twisted differently from Disneyland. (I used to visit WDW annually in the 70s and early 80s, then I moved to California and worked at Disneyland while I was in college.)

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    My favorite recalled dream involved riding Haunted Mansion and the graveyard part leading into a portion with underground caves filled with bloody skeletons and more pop-up ghouls and severed heads...but then, I am a weirdo, and might like that being part of the ride...
    RegionsBeyond, you MUST join the Micechat visit to Knott's Scary Farm.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    RegionsBeyond, you MUST join the Micechat visit to Knott's Scary Farm.
    I always go to Halloween Haunt, and was at the "show run" meet last October
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, yes. One time, Space Mountain consisted of a large, dark, metallic cube made of exposed infrastructure and piping and whatnot. We were running around on top of it, being chased by Br'er Fox.

Actually, what's more remarkable for me is when I have a Disneyland dream that's not an alternate reality. I can only remember that happening once, and it was just a literal replay of a place I'd recently walked in real life.
    Iiiiiiiiiinteresting. Veeeeeery interesting! My explanation of what all this means will follow soon.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I always go to Halloween Haunt, and was at the "show run" meet last October
    Warning, the following is : but is any thrilling anecdote with Fishbulb ever really off topic on Micechat?
    Then we've probably met! While we were waiting for the first maze (or was if after the first maze?),
    I was briefly entrusted by Fishbulb/Norm to work the light saber (trusted once--hmmm) and used my temporary authority to direct everyone across Knotts' (pedestrian) road into the shade. That was ME! Those were the days! Oh, to be 46 again instead of 46.5.

• formerly very helpful

I had a dream that I was on a ride (it wasn't one they really had, some kind of train), but it had to stop and we got off because it was only half built.

• =)

That is...the best reason for an evac I've ever heard.

Another dream of mine involved being in a little ravine right about where the DTD tram stop is. Lots of vegetation and a rusty playground, with the front of the Indiana Jones show building visible up at the top of the ravine.

• Minion

I had one dream where Disneyland was as big as a large city, miles from one end to the other. You could walk around, but it would take days, so most people hired a private taxi to drive them around. Of course all the taxis were unusual vehicles with Disney themes. The main boulevard also had high-rise hotels and condominiums within the park. On one side of the boulevard, they had the old pirate ship, which used to be in Fantasyland until 1983, fully reconstructed but roped off - you could not go up into it any more, you could only look at it. At every corner there was a free bar, where you could get any kind of drink, from a snow-cone to an elaborate mixed alcoholic beverage - and all drinks were free all the time, but you were expected to tip the bartender heavily. The Dapper Dans had the authority to arrest you if you didn't tip, but they usually just formed a circle around you and sang the "He Won't Tip" song to embarrass you. To get to Adventureland, you had to cross an enormous ditch, that was overgrown with plants but mostly dry, though the center of it had a swampy part. Many people were getting stuck in that part, but the cast members just laughed at them, "that's part of the fun!" I had to help one lady out of there by throwing a rope to her, and I thought she would be upset and crying, but she was laughing about it and saying how much fun it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The Dapper Dans had the authority to arrest you if you didn't tip, but they usually just formed a circle around you and sang the "He Won't Tip" song to embarrass you.
    Ok, that's hilarious! I would wake up laughing - still laughing as I type this.

My dreams tend to involve characters, and Peter Pan and Wendy in particular. The first was a special character show on a riverboat like the Mark Twain, but it was the size of a cruise ship. I was hanging with Peter and Wendy, and there were fireworks. It's an awful lot like F!, but no actual plot, and we just sailed around the bay.

The next dream again had Peter and Wendy, but this time we were doing a tv show, and those two kept goofing off. I was trying to tell them that the commercial break was over, and they needed to get ready because they were going to be on air soon. I never got them onstage.

The last dream was the weirdest. I used to work at the Whaley House in SD, and in my dream, the house was now located in Disneyland, and was staffed by all my Disney CM friends. We were all wearing the period costumes I wore at the house, so we were still "show," but it was interesting to see my friends dressed in 1860s clothing. I guess Disneyland needed 2 haunted houses that night.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

I dreamt I was in the stores at Main Street just browsing with my parents and I actually said to my mom, " Thanks for bringing me to Disneyland".....then the alarm rang. Worst...day...evah.

I actually had a dream last night about how I was on the PeopleMover. I just walked off of it while the ride was still going somehow and went through a series of hallways to find a door that went up a staircase. I went up and at the top was another door. I went in and saw a large stadium seating area inside the dome of Space Mountain. The seats were all facing the track of the ride, and people would go in and sit down in the seats when the ride broke down and the lights turned on. Really weird.