Breakfast with Characters...worth it?

The husband and I want to do a breakfast with the characters for the kiddos at the Plaza Inn.. whos done it..... i want all reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Breakfast with Characters...worth it?

I've done the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. Barbaraann just did the character breakfast at the Plaza but she's "trapped" in Anaheim until Friday since her Chicago flight was canceled. If I hear from her I'll ask her how it went.

I really enjoyed the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. All the characters come over to your table and pose for pictures. I was sitting alone waiting for my daughter and her then fiance to get there and Stitch sat at the table with me until they arrived. It was a little strange since... uh... Stitch can't talk, but we had fun with him doing funny things to the napkin and me scolding him.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Vidia's Minion

When the girlfriend came down in the summer with her kids we stayed at the Paradise Pier and had the character breakfast there. PCH Grill | Dining & Restaurants | Disneyland Resort

It was very fun. They have some activities they do where people can get up and participate in that are fun. Stitch was pretty funny too. After getting pictures with him Pluto stopped our table next then when getting pictures with Pluto, Stitch kept sticking his head in the back (kind of like siblings to to mess with each other) of the picture. Was cracking us up.

Two thumbs up for character breakfasts here.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sadly, I did not do the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast, but I did Surf's Up With Mickey And Friends on New Years Day!! My group had a lot of fun with the characters, maybe it was becasue it was almost empty, so they spent most of their time with us and our table.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

The only character dining I've ever done was actually in Cinderella's castle at WDW. Even though I'm not a little kid, I absolutely loved it! We sat next to the window and watched the fireworks while we ate. After, the guy in the next table purposed to his girlfiend. When everyone started applauding, the Fairy Godmother waved her wand and the entire room began to sparkle and light up. It was just perfect!

• Parking Lot > DCA

The Minnie's Breakfast (or something similar to that name) at the Plaza Inn on Main Street is totally fun! My girlfriend and I go all the time, it's a blast!

My advice is decide what characters you and your children want to see. Then call Disney Dining to make reservations and ask them which character breakfast to attend. The characters vary from location to location

We did the Mickey and friends at Paradise Pier and had a blast. Good mix of characters and pretty good food.

• Vidia's Minion

Oops I fail at reading. I haven't done the character breakfast with them at the plaza inn but as others have said it's worth it (for any of the locations). Have fun!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I like Goofy's Kitchen.
    I've heard great things about Storytellers.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Talking Re: Breakfast with Characters...worth it?

Worth..lots of smiles, lots of food, lots of time with the characters, lots of pictures, lots of memories? During last Octobers heat wave, and my wife's convention, "Breakfeast with Minnie" at the Plaza Inn was the family highlight of that trip. Go early enough to eat before the characters come out, kids do get distracted ( us grown-ups, we normaly remember). The CAST WAS GREAT that morning, the restaurant was not crowded, and it started a wonderful day. Minnie, the Pooh Gang, Capt Hook, Chip and Dale, were the main attractions. I cannot tell you if this is the one you and your family would enjoy the most, who's everyone's favorite character is, and where might you find them, but a character meal was our splurge and we would do it again. Sorry for no pics, but I'm not getting them to insert.

• Queen Elsa

I've never had done the Breakfast Characters before. I have done lunch and dinner at both Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen but never breakfast at any of the hotels. I get to the park after the breakfast stuff is over.

• I'm a fiddle player......

My wife and I went to Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza Inn last year and it was fun. We got a reservation for 7am which was great because we got to go in before the park was open to regular guests and it was a magic morning day so we went on space mountain before we went to the Inn. Since we had an early reservation, we got a lot of close personal attention from the characters which was great. The food was ok at best. We went to Surf Up breakfast with Mickey at the Paradise Pier 2 weeks ago and it was great. The food was good and the characters were great. They had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Donald, and Stitch all in their hawaiian clothes. My favorite breakfast is Goofy's Kitchen. I like the food the best and they have a good range of characters from Goofy to princess. My least Favorite is Storytellers. THe food is better than Minnies but the characters are limited. Brother Bear, the apes from Tarzan, Chip and Dale. All in all I think the breakfasts are worth it especially if you dont like to wait in line for characters