• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Question Who is the cute little cat featured on the construction walls in front of DCA?

For visual reference:

Any ideas? I tried asking some CMs but apparently most of them haven't even seen the walls to begin with...

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Who is the cute little cat featured on the construction walls in front of DCA?

According to one of the archive CM's who is involved with the DCA construction, the cat doesn't have a name. He is one of a whole litter of kittens that appeared with Horace Horsecollar in the early 30's. The kittens didn't have names, they were just extras in the cartoon shorts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Who is the cute little cat featured on the construction walls in front of DCA?

Thank you so much ROA!

Now if only I could get Disney to make plushies of these kitties...

• Parmageddon Jim

The kitteh is one of a whole litter that appear in Mickey's Revue, from 1932. This cartoon also features a familiar laugh that wasn't yet assigned to the character it inspired.

YouTube - Mickey Cartoons
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Holy cow! I was wondering the same thing last time I was at the Resort! It looks like my cat at home. I wish it had a name!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Didn't even see the cat there, thanks for sharing. I'm sure its name would be "Jupiter" it Walt named it

I was thinking it's Figaro, in some shorts he's Minnie's pet.
    Though the cat does match the style from the liter of the shorts
    Last edited by detalexip; 02-02-2011 at 04:25 PM.

• The Study of Wumbo

Surprised that they would used some obscure extra character instead of Figaro.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^new character means more Merchandise

• My Own Oasis

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^new character means more Merchandise
    Would still probably sell more than poor Duffy.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^haha true

• Senior Minion

It's the kitten model from "Mickey's Pal Pluto," a 1933 Mickey short directed by Burt Gillett, who later directed "Lonesome Ghosts." The little guy may have been in other shorts of that period as well -- the incidental character models were often recycled.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Let's call him the mascot of Disney Cats Anonymous. I've actually seen him outside Test Pilot's in the bushes.

• My Own Oasis

If anybody that's good with Disney trivia can figure out the original animator of the cat I say we name the cat after him. Otherwise I think Burtie after Burt Gillett the director mentioned above would be cute ; )

I think this may be a precursor to early cat juggling.
    It's sad that Minnie couldn't afford new underwear and just had to patch her old pair.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain