Lightbulb Halloween Make Over For Big Thunder...

I have always thought Disney could do an amazing Halloween make-over for the Big Thunder attraction, and make it really spooky! I'm surprised nothing has ever been done yet. Does anyone else agree this could be an awesome idea???

Come on, Disney, use your imagination and create some Halloween magic for Big Thunder!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Halloween Make Over For Big Thunder...

Absolutely it could, and I had posted a thread a while back heh...a year or more. Atmospheric and relatively simple: add a "howling wind" and coyotes soundtrack after dark, put some colored lights on the mountain (red and purple, perhaps) and in the dark caverns, more wind noise or sounds of birds cawing and flapping wings, whispering voices in the cavern parts and bam, theme appropriate and spooky Halloween makeover!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Something like Big Thunder with Scary sounds and no lights on would be fun, it would be another reason to go to the Halloween Party for Teens/adults.

• Banned User

the backstory for thunder mountain already tells of a haunted (cursed) mine train going through the tunnels, so really they should just push that pre-established element a little more. maybe subtle apparition effects in the caves?

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

with so many dark caves
    it really wouldn't be that difficult.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• wishing upon a star :)

I love this idea! Halloween is my favorite holiday, so naturally, the more Halloween-themed rides, the better :P

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    the backstory for thunder mountain already tells of a haunted (cursed) mine train going through the tunnels, so really they should just push that pre-established element a little more. maybe subtle apparition effects in the caves?
    I would rather they do this than have to close the ride on an annual basis for holiday refurb and unfurbing. Several good rides already have to close around pre and post holiday periods which really sucks for those who want to go to DL and experience those attractions (when they're less crowded) but they can't because of the holiday change. DL devotes alot of closures to refurbing when necessary (which is good) but holidays are a mess because the attractions with do have holiday makeovers (HM, IASW, etc) are always closed around the same time.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• former CM

This here's the scariest ride in the wilderness!

At least three live actors could liven it up, if they could find Disney villains who fit with the West and wouldn't be too scary. Or I guess a scarecrow or a bear could fit with Big Thunder's theme.

By the way, the ride you want already exists. In fact, there were two of them--the 2010 Log Ride & Mine ride--at the wonderful Knott's Scary Farm. Join Micechat when they/we go in late Sept. or early Oct. of 2011! The log ride featured a fast-moving, audio-animatronic headless horseman sculpture that was an impressive work of art. (And it wasn't broken down with a strobe light like a certain monster we know.)

See discoyeti.com "Fix me!"

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Absolutely it could, and I had posted a thread a while back heh...a year or more. Atmospheric and relatively simple: add a "howling wind" and coyotes soundtrack after dark, put some colored lights on the mountain (red and purple, perhaps) and in the dark caverns, more wind noise or sounds of birds cawing and flapping wings, whispering voices in the cavern parts and bam, theme appropriate and spooky Halloween makeover!
    I remember that! I loved your concept for a Halloween party.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Minion

The Legend of Spooky Hollow.

And have a few live actors ambling around the old Rainbow Ridge storefronts.