Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: Any tips for bringing a toddler and an infant to the parks for two days?

One tip I would give having gone with little kids many times is bring snacks! Even now that the twins are 7 and I often go without them I still bring snacks because its convenient and cheap. I pack a backpack with half frozen plastic bottles to drink and lots of the handy little things like fruit rollups and rice crispy treats...anything that is individually wrapped and wont melt or make a big mess.
    Kids get really impatient but if you give them something to munch on those impatient tempers can be turned off like magic!
    Those little pocket sized travel toys can be handy too with the very young when you need to get them to focus away from hussle. I'm thinking like etch a sketch/magna doodle type things.
    bugs land is a great place to hang out because it tends to be much less hectic than fantasyland with plenty of shade and lots of kid friendly rides with relatively short wait times. The only thing in that area that young ones might not like is the tough to be a bug show. It can be scary to the little ones.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Thank you all for the wonderful tips!!! I am even more excited for the trip now that I have your input. I will have to let you all know how it went.
    - Bobd

My son has loved pirates since before he turned 2. He was scared a little the first time but he had heard the yo-ho song before and after some assurances, he was sure he liked pirates. If your toddler is sensitive to loud noises, you might not want to risk it as the cannons can be quite loud. He was still on the bottle on his first trip so he used it as an assurance.

By contrast, he's almost 3 now and pooh still freaks him out.

• Faith.Trust.PixieDust

From my mom's personal experience for an overnighter with babies and young ones, make sure they get plenty of rest, which is obvious of course. However ensure and doubly ensure they have whatever their "sleepy time" item is (blanket, teddy bear, etc) if they have one. We didn't have my "Joanie Bear" for my first Disneyland trip at age 4 and it was an overnighter and I didn't sleep at all without her, so I was cranky the next morning and we only stayed at the park a few hours, if that and left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12