Thread: Food Allergies

Food Allergies

So heres my problem...... I can not have a single drop of dairy in anything or I'm out of the game and with a trip coming up in March and the Rally in May (and after seeing the picture of the corndog in GBR thread....) I wanted to look ahead and see which restaurants are going to have the best options for me. Last time I was there last May I got a list but of course have since then moved and lost it. I have already called gust relations and was told just wait until I got to the park but I like to plan ahead. I know there used to be a website that had this list, but I can't find it. Does anyone know what that website is called? Thanks for your help

• Banned User

Re: Food Allergies

Yea, I would go along with Guest Relations, also. Planning ahead is nice, but not needed in this case. Beat thing to do is, when you are ready to eat and have found a place to eat in, just go to the cook and tell him/her what your situation is and can they help you? Simple, huh?

• Queen Elsa

I know this is not what you where asking but I remeber last year sometime I was eatting at Ariel's Grotto and I was over hearing the people at the table next to me ask to speak to the chife cause I think it was there daughter could not have something in her food. So the CM got the Chife and they told him what there little girl had for Alllergies. H e said something that he can take what ever it was off the food. I really don't remember what the food was but he made the food a speacil made. So I do think there is some places you can ask for the chife about what is in the food and and if you deside to eat there ask to see if they can change it for you.

Be sure to inform the cast members at the register. Their definitely trained to take care of this and they get told the same thing several times a day if not each hour. There is proper procedure in place for guests who have allergies.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Mrs. J. Depp

I hear ya with the food allergies. I have multiple allergies so I make sure to bring a lot of my own snacks and only eat things that I am sure have no way of having any of my allergens in them. But always ask just to be sure. If not a CM, then the people actually preparing the food because they would know best. Having an allergy is more common than you would think. You have a very common allergy so I think it's more easy to accommodate then say someone who has a peanut or soy allergy because those oils can tend to be in everything. Either way, I know that the parks are more than happy to work around those kinds of things to keep people happy and healthy.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I know this is not what you where asking but I remeber last year sometime I was eatting at Ariel's Grotto and I was over hearing the people at the table next to me ask to speak to the chife cause I think it was there daughter could not have something in her food. So the CM got the Chife and they told him what there little girl had for Alllergies. H e said something that he can take what ever it was off the food. I really don't remember what the food was but he made the food a speacil made. So I do think there is some places you can ask for the chife about what is in the food and and if you deside to eat there ask to see if they can change it for you.
    Do you mean CHEF? Spell check is a good thing.

• Minion

The website that has all the menus of each restaurant is www.allears.net. Here is the link to the page with the menus for each restaurant. Disneyland Resort Menus

Definitely go to City Hall on Main St. and ask them for a list because things can change and they keep the most updated info.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Closed Account

Last I checked City Hall doesn't have a list of things that are dairy-free. They have a gluten-free list, and a Kosher list, but not dairy-free. You should probably just ask to talk to a manager or someone who's making the food at each location if you're unsure about something.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

When you go to buy your food, before you order, just say, "i have an allergy to dairy." The CM at the register will call a Manager over and the Manager will go over what you can and can't eat and show you an allergy book. From there you can decide what you'd like to eat or if there's nothing for you at that location.

i don't know about any lists, but that's what I do know. Allergies are common and it's much easier to just tell the CM at the register than wait to get to the counter before going, "Oh, yes, my daughter is allergic to egg. Is that in any of this?"
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Last I checked City Hall doesn't have a list of things that are dairy-free. They have a gluten-free list, and a Kosher list, but not dairy-free. You should probably just ask to talk to a manager or someone who's making the food at each location if you're unsure about something.

Last time I was there in May they had one but of course I lost it when I moved