Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Carnation Cafe and the Bakery will supposedly be undergoing changes next year

This has been in the works ever since NOMK closed for rehab and moved to Pavillion.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Carnation Cafe and the Bakery will supposedly be undergoing changes next year

Well, if they've put the Kitchens back together at Plaza Pavilion (after the massive termite repairs of the building ~12 years ago made them rip all the equipment and interior out to rebuild it from the inside out...) for the temp replacement of NOMK, now they could easily put foodservice back in the building.

The only question being How they do it.

If I was being Logical ( GASP!!) I'd leave the Bakery on Main Street and expand a bit to have the Specialty Coffees there, to augment the cart at the Hub, let the little outdoor seating area there be used for the Bakery and Coffees customers...

And totally move the Carnation Cafe table-service restaurant to the Plaza Pavilion location, including a partial enclosure of the Porch as an all-weather seating area.

Put up French doors or big operable windows or roll-away curtain walls along the railing, and let it be open air when the weather is nice, with permanently installed radiant heating both inside and out to cover the slightly chilly evenings - and bundle it up when it gets cold, windy, rainy.

(Not the plastic curtains like at Plaza Inn, that looks too cheesy. They can do better.)

And if they get Really Smart, they'll put a new take on The Egg House back in at Town Square and start using that patio seating area again for something useful, but one step at a time.

It was wonderful to get there at Oh-Dark-Thirty as the gates just opened, then have Breakfast as people were just starting to filter in, and be done in time for the Rope Drop when the Park opens.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Whatever they do, wherever they put it, just leave the chicken croissant sandwich!!!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Artistic integrity

I think it's a wonderful idea ... and this why:

1. It restores Carnation as it was pre-Blue Ribbon Bakery era.
    As Main Street's ONLY table-service restaurant. I miss the old days of Carnation. Not because of 'nostalgia' (the biggest overly, and mis-, used word in these forums) .... But because it was a good restaurant set-up .. period.

2. Too crowded. Needs to expand to larger location
    I became an instant fan of the Blue Ribbon Bakery when it first opened around 1992. Some of the best bakery treats in the whole park. The Cinnamon roles .. among one of my personal favorites. When it's decorated for the Fall, it's even more quaint. But over the years, .. even with every register armed with CMs .... the lines still get to be a drag.

3. Plaza Pavilion .. better served as a 'period piece' eatery ... rather than an AP Service that I wish they'd put in DtD.
    Plaza Pavilion, since it's inception was a full "buffeteria" style restaurant like Plaza Inn for decades. In it's last years, it was Italian food. And then shuttered for a long time. They've done some weird things for this prime location .. like a pin trading location. Now an AP Processing center. If they never intend on returning Plaza Pavilion back to it's original full restaurant days ... then an expanded "Blue Ribbon Bakery" would be fantastic ... and deal with capacity issues the current location is suffering with.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is NOMK?

• Captain Pineapple

New Orleans Main Kitchen

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I hope this rumor is true. The Bakery has a terrible set-up and they just can't seem to handle crowds. Carnation Cafe is way too small.

I'd be fine with the Bakery moving to Plaza Pavilion or the Carnation Cafe moving to PP. Either way, it will allow for changes and fixes to both.

But whatever they do, I hope they keep quality of theme and food service in mind.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Larger Than (After)Life

When I was at Disneyland a few months ago, Oscar told me that plans for renovations are underway. The Carnation Cafe used to have indoor seating and will be returning to that, due to the restaurant's popularity. I think it's a wonderful idea. I miss the original Carnation Cafe, with its charming decor and music, and have missed it for a very long time.

Like many of the changes made at Disneyland, I thought reducing the Carnation restaurant to an outdoor alley cafe was a BAD idea. Finally, someone smart is doing the right thing.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I'd leave the Bakery on Main Street and expand a bit to have the Specialty Coffees there, to augment the cart at the Hub, let the little outdoor seating area there be used for the Bakery and Coffees customers...

And totally move the Carnation Cafe table-service restaurant to the Plaza Pavilion location
    This is what I originally thought this thread was about

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

But whatever they do, I hope they keep quality of theme and food service in mind.
    Yeah, but get ready for a price hike!

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

LOVE the Carnation Cafe and would absolutely LOVE to see it expanded. I hope this rumor is true.
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12