Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16

    • Now 40% less bitter!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA.
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    I could picture it making a stop in front of TLM ride as it would fit the San Francisco theme (maybe it's already doing that?). But there are some really tight squeezes in Paradise Pier. Like what Tomorrowland_1967 was saying, I'm also not sure a moving vehicle and people could fit on some of those roads. It would be like suggesting the horse-drawn cars of Main Street would look great in NOS, but they'd have to go through Adventureland to get there.
    If the tracks could be made to go behind the Pier somehow, without interfering with Cars Land and keeping the guest immersed in theme, that could work.
    Oo-de-lally!

  2. #17

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    The thing that concerns me ... the Red Car Trolley is going to run entirely at ground level. No overpasses, no bridge points ........ Pedestrians and the Red Car Trolley .. all share the same "roadway".

    The longer it becomes ... I feel the more necessary overpasses and bridges become crucial ... for Crowd Control.

    This is one of those "sticky" points .. as the basic layout to DCA does not lend to some transportation system that can cover the entire park.
    Lets try building an underground tunnel, which goes by ether, a unique big show scene on par of the Grand Canyon/Primeval World or a view into the secret world of cast members.

    Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    I could picture it making a stop in front of TLM ride as it would fit the San Francisco theme (maybe it's already doing that?). But there are some really tight squeezes in Paradise Pier. Like what Tomorrowland_1967 was saying, I'm also not sure a moving vehicle and people could fit on some of those roads. It would be like suggesting the horse-drawn cars of Main Street would look great in NOS, but they'd have to go through Adventureland to get there.
    If the tracks could be made to go behind the Pier somehow, without interfering with Cars Land and keeping the guest immersed in theme, that could work.
    the World is a Carousel of tunnels (wonderful, wonderful tunnels.)


    Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    239

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    idk how the system their doing works but im guessing once the stop reaches its destination .. it just reverses back to point A

    so having too many trolleys could be a issue..

    a train would be nice for dca... but i would rather see the money be put towards a new dark ride for now...

    untill dca can buy the last remeaing property behind carsland.. i wouldnt plan any rail road... so then once they get that land and expand the park the length of the tracks can be one worth riding in the outskirts of the park then the it would be useful..

    cause if they get that land the park will increase im just guessing 20 acres including the 6 or so acres left after cars land is done

  4. #19

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cool View Post
    idk how the system their doing works but im guessing once the stop reaches its destination .. it just reverses back to point A

    so having too many trolleys could be a issue..

    a train would be nice for dca... but i would rather see the money be put towards a new dark ride for now...

    untill dca can buy the last remeaing property behind carsland.. i wouldnt plan any rail road... so then once they get that land and expand the park the length of the tracks can be one worth riding in the outskirts of the park then the it would be useful..

    cause if they get that land the park will increase im just guessing 20 acres including the 6 or so acres left after cars land is done
    I really don't think they have any plans to ever get that property. It's hard to imagine it ever being financially viable to do so. There is plenty of acreage for an excellent full day park without that property. Why would they pay over top dollar for a piece of land that has the Convention Center hanging over one side and the ugly backside of CL hanging over the other when they have 80 more acres to work with across the street?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  5. #20

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,054
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    True but they could always have multiple cars and multiple stops to traffic more people. Still not the same as DLRR, but it has potential...
    The more trains you add the more sections of double track you need. You're stuck trying to add capacity by taking away more capacity from the walkways. There is also the issue of letting people know where they are headed. You will have people trying to leave get on in Hollywoodland and get dumped in Paradise Pier.

  6. #21

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    42

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    I heard a rumor that they will be adding a loop.

  7. #22

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    The Red Car as it is being designed would not be a great fit for a Victorian-themed pier. It is based on a steel-body design of the 1920s, not a wooden car of an earlier era.

  8. #23

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,619

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Upon further thought: We have no idea how popular or useful the Red Car Trolley is going to be for guests. So it's better to wait and see how it goes first. I'm surprised that money was even put into something like that but the RCT I guess complements the Main Streets vehicles and horse carriages well.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    In the future Disney will probably hire another MBA pencil pusher to head up Disneyland who will promptly close the red car trolly to cut costs.

  10. #25

    • Workin to live,lovin life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    700

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by 01spirit750 View Post
    I heard a rumor that they will be adding a loop.
    D'oh! Beat me to it!

    I think the obvious answer is that the Red Car Trolley will serve a very similar purpose as the Main Street vehicles. Atmospheric transportation over a short distance.

    That being said, I haven't seen what the full plans are for it. Will the Trolley exit out of Hollywood into the main entrance area?

  11. #26

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The Red Car as it is being designed would not be a great fit for a Victorian-themed pier. It is based on a steel-body design of the 1920s, not a wooden car of an earlier era.
    But so what? Screamin' was designed in the style of a wooden coaster although it is made of steel.

    The Red Car will fit. It really doesn't matter if the theming isn't quite right. Nothing in DCA is consistent. It is consistently inconsistent.

    I highly recommend they extend the track to run through Cars Land and then stop at the edge of Paradise Pier. I wouldn't mind riding the Red Car from Paradise Pier to Hollywood as a way of getting to the entrance without a long walk.

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    This is a big NO for me. It would simply get in the way. There's no room for it all the way down Paradise Pier. Just look at it. Makes no sense.

  13. #28

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,619

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    I keep hearing different things about what period the Paradise Pier is supposed to be set in. I keep hearing sources say it's Victorian and other sources saying it's 1920s. Then we have GSS in that area which is themed after a 1940s cartoon...

    Oh my brains...
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  14. #29

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    This is a big NO for me. It would simply get in the way. There's no room for it all the way down Paradise Pier. Just look at it. Makes no sense.
    Yeah, I wish they'll remove the train in Disneyland. It doesn't fit outside of Main Street. And those street cars stop near the entrance of Tomorrowland. It doesn't fit.

  15. #30

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    D'oh! Beat me to it!

    I think the obvious answer is that the Red Car Trolley will serve a very similar purpose as the Main Street vehicles. Atmospheric transportation over a short distance.

    That being said, I haven't seen what the full plans are for it. Will the Trolley exit out of Hollywood into the main entrance area?
    Except that the real Red Cars go much further distances because they are public transportation. It isn't a stretch for the Red Car to go from the Hub to Paradise Pier, or even to go into Cars Land. It almost begs for the extension.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •