Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

Is it just me, or would the RCT have fit into the victorian styled Paradice Peir perfectly? I think during phase II they should expand it into PP, that way it could have three stops. One at Bunea Vista Street, another at Hollywood Land, and the final stop in Paradice Peir... What do you think of this idea? In the concept art for PP it looks like the RCT would fit in perfectly.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: In the future, do you think Disney will expand the Red Car Trolley?

maybe........I mean I would think it would be a cool thing to have to go ALL the way around the park but I don't know if Disney would put the money into the system.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Since some of the drawings show it being used in parades (possibly). Maybe they will expand down the whole parade route. They could squeeze a curved wye where the parade route breaks away from the current red car route. Then DCA could have an actual transportation system which would be very nice instead of walking all the time. I think this will depend on the entertainment dept somewhat.

• Sock Puppet

There is that, I just think it would be easier to get around the park, and also increase theaming...

• Minion of Chernabog

Basically, make it actually be able to do something? More like the Disneyland Railroad and less like the Main Street vehicles?

I like this plan.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    Basically, make it actually be able to do something? More like the Disneyland Railroad and less like the Main Street vehicles?

I like this plan.
    Pretty much thats what my thoughts were...

Amusement Piers actually began as a way to encourage people to use the trolley system on weekend, so it would kind if be in theme but that was not the purpose of the specific Red Car trolleys.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• long time listener

Hate to be negative nelly, but the capacity of the red car vs. the DLRR is vastly less, so even if they expanded the line to PP, it would be more for appearances than a significant transport system.

The positive effect would be a "California" themed attraction tying together more of the park.

And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post
    Hate to be negative nelly, but the capacity of the red car vs. the DLRR is vastly less, so even if they expanded the line to PP, it would be more for appearances than a significant transport system.

The positive effect would be a "California" themed attraction tying together more of the park.
    Hmm... You have a point there...

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post

True but they could always have multiple cars and multiple stops to traffic more people. Still not the same as DLRR, but it has potential...

That being said,(if they really wanted transportation) they could have a CA Railroad for the park and still call it california theming, but that would be boring.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Artistic integrity

The thing that concerns me ... the Red Car Trolley is going to run entirely at ground level. No overpasses, no bridge points ........ Pedestrians and the Red Car Trolley .. all share the same "roadway".

The longer it becomes ... I feel the more necessary overpasses and bridges become crucial ... for Crowd Control.

This is one of those "sticky" points .. as the basic layout to DCA does not lend to some transportation system that can cover the entire park.

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    The thing that concerns me ... the Red Car Trolley is going to run entirely at ground level. No overpasses, no bridge points ........ Pedestrians and the Red Car Trolley .. all share the same "roadway".

The longer it becomes ... I feel the more necessary overpasses and bridges become crucial ... for Crowd Control.

This is one of those "sticky" points .. as the basic layout to DCA does not lend to some transportation system that can cover the entire park.
    It makes me wonder why they didn't plan for some type of major transportation... granted other amusement parks don't have any transportation (other then walking, of course).
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Banned User

Trolley passing in front of Bugs Land, Pacific Wharf and Carsland? No thanks.

I don't think that a path based attraction should go around the whole park.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Trolley passing in front of Bugs Land, Pacific Wharf and Carsland? No thanks.

I don't think that a path based attraction should go around the whole park.
    It would be "time period" fitting if the trolley did reach Paradise Pier but yeah that would require going around A Bug's Land and Carsland thus theming awkwardness. It could happen if ABL was torn down for surrounding land expansion but Carsland would still be in the way no matter what.

But hey look at it this way. At least DCA is still walkable in comparison to that big mammoth known as DAK...which has no in-park transportation whatsoever (that train to Conservation Station doesnt count).
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

There is that...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast