Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    As many of you might recall, it was announced back in November, 2012 on the Disney Parks Blog ( Important Update on Disney ) that the popular Disney;s California Food & Wine Festival at DCA is cancelled for 2011 and 2012 - and without any indication of when it might return. In other words it is cancelled indefinitely, as long as major construction is on-going at the park. This spells out one thing to me: When Phase 1 is complete, Phase 2 will immediately begin, and possibly even beforehand. Keep your eyes peeled and ears perked for regular announcements, D23 announcements, and changes at the Blue Sky Cellar in 2012.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    More like Wishful thinking....most likely Phase 2 is happening no matter what but we don't know what they are really adding to the park besides retheming the Condor Flats and Hollywoodland

  3. #3

    • Senior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    They might do a thing or two starting fall of 2012 but I'm pretty sure that summer is going to be fairly construction free compared to what we're seeing now.

    Food and Wine could easily make a comeback in 2013 if park management really thought it'd improve attendance and was doable. It clearly wouldn't work now with so many areas ripped up.

    Leads me to question how successfull Food N Wine really was?



    Blue Sky Cellar is going to be pretty interesting in 2012 considering once Carsland opens it'd be odd for them to simply show off something already present in the park. (though I guess this Mermaid exhibit is bound to have some overlap).


    Actually how often do they update the cellar?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

  4. #4

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    ^around every 6 months-8 months, we say the last update last June I believe.
    I am sure they will have more than enough Blue Sky stuff for DCA for the next ten years from the show that will replace Aladdin (plus the art of the new building), to Hollywood land rides, and even Conderflats changing over, also more stuff being added to Carsland after it opens, the Mc Carthey theater, and the Pier will get more changes too and so will WOC.....DCA is going to be a busy park for at least the next 10 years then it will become like Disneyland were it will be more about maintaining the park and small updates.

  5. #5

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    More like Wishful thinking....most likely Phase 2 is happening no matter what but we don't know what they are really adding to the park besides retheming the Condor Flats and Hollywoodland
    Major changes will come to Hollywoodland, most of Golden State (including Condor Flats), and new additions will be added to Cars Land. Of course Phase 2 will occur no matter what. My point is that it will likely happen much sooner than expected.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #6

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    ^we will see I don't think we'll see any big changes with phase 2 until the beginning of 2013 since they have enough going on as is with 2 new lands being built.

  7. #7

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    They might do a thing or two starting fall of 2012 but I'm pretty sure that summer is going to be fairly construction free compared to what we're seeing now.

    Food and Wine could easily make a comeback in 2013 if park management really thought it'd improve attendance and was doable. It clearly wouldn't work now with so many areas ripped up.

    Leads me to question how successfull Food N Wine really was?



    Blue Sky Cellar is going to be pretty interesting in 2012 considering once Carsland opens it'd be odd for them to simply show off something already present in the park. (though I guess this Mermaid exhibit is bound to have some overlap).


    Actually how often do they update the cellar?
    If Food & Wine were clearly coming back in 2013, Disney would have announced it. There is no set time for changes in the exhibits. They simply occur as Disney has them ready for display in relationship to how close they are to begining construction, or constructionupdates.


    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^around every 6 months-8 months, we say the last update last June I believe.
    I am sure they will have more than enough Blue Sky stuff for DCA for the next ten years from the show that will replace Aladdin (plus the art of the new building), to Hollywood land rides, and even Conderflats changing over, also more stuff being added to Carsland after it opens, the Mc Carthey theater, and the Pier will get more changes too and so will WOC.....DCA is going to be a busy park for at least the next 10 years then it will become like Disneyland were it will be more about maintaining the park and small updates.
    You are right that the Blue sky Cellar exhibits we have to look forward to in the future are quite exciting. Still, most if not all of what you mentioned should hit BSC by late 2011 or early 2012. Odds are Phase 2 attractions will be on display at the time that Cars Land opens.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  8. #8

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^we will see I don't think we'll see any big changes with phase 2 until the beginning of 2013 since they have enough going on as is with 2 new lands being built.
    I really don't know. I'm just guestimating myself. 2013 would certainly be plenty eary enough. I just sense that Disney will want to have something totally new and exciting to show off at the Blue sky Cellar in 2012, right when Cars land is opening to the public. they like to keep us on our feet with excitement and wonder...those Disney scoundrels!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I really don't know. I'm just guestimating myself. 2013 would certainly be plenty eary enough. I just sense that Disney will want to have something totally new and exciting to show off at the Blue sky Cellar in 2012, right when Cars land is opening to the public. they like to keep us on our feet with excitement and wonder...those Disney scoundrels!
    Depends since Cars land opens and then Buena Vista Street opens 6 months later also WOC might have a new Holiday show that year too so I don't know if we'll see much in the Blue Sky Cellar until the end of 2012, since that's when the first phase ends.

  10. #10

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    I thought that Bob Iger's statements about DCA in his letter to the shareholders sounded positive for the future. Here's what he said:

    A couple of years ago, we significantly stepped up investment in Disney California Adventure, a park that was underperforming in comparison with its neighbor Disneyland. Our first step was to open World of Color, which combines smart storytelling, technological innovation and brilliant execution in a way that only Disney can.

    World of Color has attracted record crowds to California Adventure with a spectacular new form of storytelling that uses stunning digital imagery to bring our characters to life on an ever-changing canvas of light, water, mist and fire. Its success gives us confidence in the rest of the California Adventure expansion, which culminates in 2012 with the opening of Cars Land, a whole new 12-acre land devoted to Lightning McQueen, Mater and their friends.
    I think the fact that he mentioned that they are feeling more confident about this phase of work makes it also more likely they'll decide to move forward with the rest of the plans.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Another RW speculation thread!!! (If I had ~35 thread starts this year I could probably make few correct predictions too )

    Anyway. There is nothing to confirm or deny this and the food festival isn't planned far enough ahead for this to be any true indication. I certainly hope that "phase II" does happen closely on the heels of "phase one" or more simply that the construction just continues steadily until all of the areas of the park have been addressed. I will wait until real facts come down the pipeline though to make my judgements.

  12. #12

    • Jack of All Trades
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    221

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I thought that Bob Iger's statements about DCA in his letter to the shareholders sounded positive for the future. .....
    Re-read what Iger said, "[DCA expansion] culminates in 2012 the opening of Cars Land, a whole new 12-acre land devoted to Lightning McQueen, Mater and their friends."

    Key word: CULMINATES
    cul·mi·nate/ˈkəlməˌnāt/Verb
    1. Reach a climax or point of highest development: "the tensions culminated in World War II".
    2. Be the climax or point of highest development of: "her book culminated a research project on Escher".
    "People of Earth, how are you?"

    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
    Fish are friends, not food."

  13. #13

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,641

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    when you call any future construction project 'phase 2' - you'll always be right in saying 'phase 2 is happening'.

    Unless the projects get lumped together into a cohesive effort that is approved and funded together - it's nothing more then 'work that was deferred' and is really just future projects.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  14. #14

    • Jack of All Trades
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    221

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    when you call any future construction project 'phase 2' - you'll always be right in saying 'phase 2 is happening'.

    Unless the projects get lumped together into a cohesive effort that is approved and funded together - it's nothing more then 'work that was deferred' and is really just future projects.
    Exactly. I don't think we will see a giant "phased-approach' like we see with "phase 1"... there will be tons of future one-off projects and such... nothing like the +$1billion package we see now. IMHO.
    "People of Earth, how are you?"

    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
    Fish are friends, not food."

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Evidence That DCA Phase 2 May Begin As Early As 2012 Or 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    If Food & Wine were clearly coming back in 2013, Disney would have announced it. There is no set time for changes in the exhibits. They simply occur as Disney has them ready for display in relationship to how close they are to begining construction, or constructionupdates.
    This just shows how unsure everyone is. I have heard that phase two is dependant on the success of phase one. Therefor the food and wine fest it's scheduled more tentatively because it leaves a back door if you will fir disney if they aren't completely ready for a new expansion. And it seems unlikely that disney would want to pursue another expansion right after a huge one, rather than enjoy the profits of a successful park for a while.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •