Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Happy 10th Anniversary DCA!!!!!!!

You have a better start today than you did ten years ago and hopefully the next ten years will be good to you.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary DCA!!!!!!!

HAPPY TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY, DCA!!!!! May your next ten years be more prosperous then it was with your billion dollar makeover!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

You know what? Love DCA and can't wait to see it in Summer 2012!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yes let the Next 10 years grow you to be an even bigger and better park!!!

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

A decade behind you with many decades ahead! Each better than the last.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Happy birthday DCA! :D
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Happy birthday DCA. I am sorry Disney forgot to throw you a party but i guess they had some where more important to be. after all DVDs new release are coming out to day so you have to for give them. happy birthday dca !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Not afraid to admit that DCA is my favorite Disney park. I know that is blasphemy on this board, but I've ALWAYS liked DCA, even as it was on opening day. I am excited to watch it come into its own with the new construction, but I've liked it from the beginning (and I am not convinced EVERY Phase 1 change is necessary, but I'm living with it).

• Banned User

Happy 10th anniversary, DCA, the park I love best!

So, was anyone else here crazy enough to spend the night in line at Disneyland for the opening?

While the actual California Adventure opening was quite uneventful and one of the quietest days I've been in the park, my fondest memories were freezing my butt off while getting to stay the whole night in Disneyland and getting to know the people 'in line' next to me. Sleep was almost impossible thanks to the cold temps, but I can still show you where my spot was on the walkway between the Castle and the Matterhorn (pretty much next to Ariel's Grotto, but far enough from the restroom lol).

I have no regrets because it was a fun time and having a story that you spent the night in Disneyland is a great one to have!

• Just this guy......

I just got back from the DCA and they didn't mention or make any sort of deal about the 10th anniversary.

Some of the cast members had buttons saying 10th anniversary but that was about it.

Would it have cost them that much money to at lease say something when the park opened today?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The Disney Parks Blog posted a video of the construction of DTD: Downtown Disney District Celebrates 10 Years Disney Parks Blog
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Artistic integrity

I'll wish it a "happy birthday" when Phase 1 .. and the hopeful Phase 2 are done .. and it's something worth celebrating.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Happy Birthday, Disney California Adventure. When the park first opened in 2001, it brought lackluster success and non-Disney quality attractions and shows. But, the theme park has improved over the years with the opening of Tower of Terror in 2004 and the removal of Superstar Limo that is replaced with the current Pixar's Monster and Inc' attraction.

Since the old management has made the park not so enjoyable. The current imagineering and management group decided to fix the park and expand it. As well as fixing the theme that celebrates California being the Golden State. With the new show, World of Color that debuted in June 11, 2010. It drew large crowds and popularity when it was announced. The show is Disney-quality, since the fountains are high-tech and filled with color. World of Color explains the history of the Walt Disney Company with new music and movie clips from past and new movies.

The Phase 1 and 2 expansions of the park will sure to bring new and exciting experiences that is like Disneyland. The second park of the Disneyland resort is still improving and it will be a worthy addition to visit again along with the original Magic Kingdom at Anaheim, California.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tymantyman View Post
    So, was anyone else here crazy enough to spend the night in line at Disneyland for the opening?

While the actual California Adventure opening was quite uneventful and one of the quietest days I've been in the park, my fondest memories were freezing my butt off while getting to stay the whole night in Disneyland and getting to know the people 'in line' next to me. Sleep was almost impossible thanks to the cold temps, but I can still show you where my spot was on the walkway between the Castle and the Matterhorn (pretty much next to Ariel's Grotto, but far enough from the restroom lol).

I have no regrets because it was a fun time and having a story that you spent the night in Disneyland is a great one to have!
    Yep, I was about number 35 in line. I was surprised how they were planning to have various DL entertainment appearing all night long, but after a couple hours, thankfully they quit with that plan. We just want to try and catch a couple winks, but that was near impossible for how cold it was outside. Couldn't figure out why they couldn't stage us inside either the Lincoln theater and/or the HISTA theater. The free hot chocolate was nice, but several ended up with colds after that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The Disney Parks Blog posted a video of the construction of DTD: Downtown Disney District Celebrates 10 Years Disney Parks Blog
    Actually DTD Anaheim opened 1-1-01.Leave it to the Disney Parks Blog to leave out important historical info. Of all the people I ran into as I was walking by the World of Disney Store was Cythina Harriss. She asked me what I thought of the DTD Disney area. She was all excited about it opening. I hadn't much at that point and said something about it being a big change. Also not to be forgotten, the Grand Californian's Official Grand Opening was on 1-2-01.

Oh, one other interesting thing, upon entering DCA one 2-8-01, they gave each of us a folded wall size map of DCA. (to keep the story short, I'll skip to the "good" part, but ask for the longer version some other time) As I was exiting DCA, later, who should be right in front of me but Michael Eisner, and I got his autograph on the opening day wall map! (THAT by far is my most infamous piece of Disney History!) I was really hoping to run into Roy Disney, but that didn't happen, however I did get to see him in the opening ceremony.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 02-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast