Fantasmic & Fireworks Viewing Tips

Hi

We have never seen Fantasmic or the Fireworks show and I was hoping for some good viewing tips from all of you.

We don’t mind doing the second show of Fantasmic at 10:15.

Thank-you!

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks Viewing Tips

Heres one thing I would do:

I would get my spot for the first Fantasmic and watch the fireworks from there, Fantasmic will then begin a few minutes after RDCT ends. Recently, they redid the schedule so the fireworks start before the 1st Fantasmic!.

If you still want to view the fireworks from the castle, then start getting a spot around 6 or 7 since the show starts at 8:45 this time. But remember that the 1st Fantasmic is at 9:05 and you want to see the 2nd showing, you'll have to wait until the first show ends before you try to get a spot in the area.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

We don’t mind seeing the first show; I just thought that would be too difficult. I’ve read how people camp out for several hours. I could handle about 2 hours of waiting, but any more than that and I would find it very hard.

It will be me, and my 3 girls (17, 17, 13). So, it will be me doing the waiting

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Show up around 7 to the Fantasmic viewing area. Keep in mind where the mist screens will be and sit some where accordingly. Sitting area gets a good view but so does the very front of the standing only areas. (you can sit in the standing zone until about 10 mins before the show, CM's will come by saying stand but sit after they walk away) You'll get a great view for both shows and only have to wait 2 hours, have your girls come back about half hour to show time.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Do it my way. You can see three shows in one night guarantee!!!

Get the World of Color fast pass for the 8:00 show. You must arrive before noon to guarantee the 8:00 show. After the show which will end at 8:30. Then speed walk over to Disneyland you should arrive at Disneyland entrance by 8:39 and watch the firework show on main street. after the 8:45 firework show you are ready to watch fantasmic @ 10:15.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MargyDisneylandLover

if you could afford it do the fantasmic dessert with premium seating yes while it is a bit pricy you do not have to camp out for hours you also get a nice plater of desserts and refillable drinks!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Don't want to sound like a debbie downer, but there is a reason the CMs say the standing area is standing only. Considering it is dark at that time, people sitting on the ground is a tripping hazard and therefore a safety hazard.

OP in all cases asianbma's plan is the best so far and I can vouch for that. I did the same thing he suggested last week and I was able to see all 3 in one night.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by j2249 View Post
    Don't want to sound like a debbie downer, but there is a reason the CMs say the standing area is standing only. Considering it is dark at that time, people sitting on the ground is a tripping hazard and therefore a safety hazard.
    The only reason they say that is because they want to pack in as many people as possible. By the time they have ever told me to stand is at least a half hour after the ropes have been put up all around the standing zone and there are about 2-3 deep of people behind where I'm sitting. There would be no reason for someone to be walking in the standing zone at that point. If your sitting in the standing zone and your feet hang outside the rope then I completely agree with you! But not when I'm in the ropes and have been standing all day.
    Besides if you can't see a person sitting on the ground in front of you in a roped off area I think there are bigger issues....
    Last edited by Fantasmanatic; 02-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.

• Minion

any wher on main srteet is a good spot for the fireworks you wont to closer to the castle and for fastmic i wold try set tordos the middele but sit torads the back cuz the if your in front you will get wet get 1 hour before show time to get a could seet
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

what i always do is.. watch the fireworks i get a spot at 7:45 when its over i hang around mainstreet tell about 9;25 and then i go threw frontierland to find a spot for the 10:15 show

Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate all the responses.

I’m kicking myself right now though – we saw WoC last Saturday and now I know we could have headed to DL for the other 2 shows! Oh well, my girls enjoyed Electronica after WoC, so it wasn’t a total waste. We have AP’s for the first time ever and I have the bug... I want to do it all! And I want to do it at the least crowded times possible.

There is one other reason too. We are headed to WDW for the first time ever over Spring Break 2011. I figure if we get our fill of DL attractions then we can cross off our list of “must dos” all the attractions that are the same. This will allow for an easier itinerary during the busy week just before Easter in Florida.

Thanks again everyone!

I have never seen F! I was in DL today and tried to scope out the seating area, but I don’t get it. Can someone explain where everyone sits/stands? Where do they camp out? We left at 4:00, and I don’t think anyone was camping out yet – unless they were sitting on the little walls and didn’t plan to leave?

Out next trip will likely include F! and I would really like to know the ins & outs.

Thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    I have never seen F! I was in DL today and tried to scope out the seating area, but I don’t get it. Can someone explain where everyone sits/stands? Where do they camp out? We left at 4:00, and I don’t think anyone was camping out yet – unless they were sitting on the little walls and didn’t plan to leave?

Out next trip will likely include F! and I would really like to know the ins & outs.

Thanks!
    Well you can pretty much see Fantasmic! from anywhere around the Rivers of America. The best areas to see the show are directly in front of Pirates or the areas just to the left and right of it.

My recommendation is to see the fireworks in the Hub. You can usually get a very good spot up to 30 minutes before show time. Then, right when they are over, you go through Frontierland to the Fantasmic! areas I mentioned above. You can get great seats for the 10:15 show right after the Fireworks.

Have fun!!