Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile What is the status for the proposed new bobsleds?

I remember reading a while back that there were to be new bobsleds going in at the Matterhorn, that they were even testing them. Are they still planning on changing them, and if so when will they be up and running?

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: What is the status for the proposed new bobsleds?

First off, welcome to MiceChat!

Yes, several of the new bobsleds were brought out during the previous refurb as a chance to test them out. The plans are still to replace them, likley during the next lenghty refurb.

An Al Lutz update says that they might appear late this year or next year.

Perennial Passholders - MiceAge.com

This update will explain everything.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

I always wonder about all the old vehicles whenever new ones come along. Do they just become part of a landfill? I think an old bobsled would look nice in someone's backyard!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Yeah, they will come out after the next Matterhorn refurb, I believe.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Disneyland History Lover

Soon!

Just hang in there and enjoy the much more comfortable ride (if you're singling it up) before the new sleds are installed for regular use.

I had a small hand in the work that went into designing the new sleds through the company I work for, but I can say no more than that at this time.

Enjoy!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Oh how they'll do a loop on their own? j/k

But seriously, are these the new bobsleds that should be more comfortable and roomier?

It wont be roomier. It will be a snug fit for sure. Kinda mad they are doing this. Takes away the bobsled feel for me. But hopefully it will create a smoother experience to my favorite ride!

• Seeker of Fun

I'm really interested in these new ride vehicles. Although, I think I already miss sitting together with someone!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I'm really interested in these new ride vehicles. Although, I think I already miss sitting together with someone!!
    The only thing i'm going to miss is the open space I have in the current bobsleds. Since I'm in my own row, I have plenty of legroom (since i'm so thin). Hopefully I'll still plenty of legroom in these new sleds.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• I'm not really here

The roomier, seatbelt set up added to the "out of control" feeling that made the Matterhorn so special. I'll miss that. Curious to see how the new sleds work out though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The roomier, seatbelt set up added to the "out of control" feeling that made the Matterhorn so special. I'll miss that. Curious to see how the new sleds work out though.
    Hopefully it speeds up the line somewhat despite the fact that capacity will be reduced.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Hopefully it speeds up the line somewhat despite the fact that capacity will be reduced.
    Actually, I think this will increase capacity. While the bobsleds are capable of holding 8, many times you get groups of teenages, or college kids or adults who all have their own seat, setting the capacity at 4 per vehicle. Standardizing it at 6 all the time should increase capacity as there is no longer a variable number of people in there. Definitely should see a line speed increase as well as the job of the loader is much simpler now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Indy Castmember

Actually, I think this will increase capacity. While the bobsleds are capable of holding 8, many times you get groups of teenages, or college kids or adults who all have their own seat, setting the capacity at 4 per vehicle. Standardizing it at 6 all the time should increase capacity as there is no longer a variable number of people in there. Definitely should see a line speed increase as well as the job of the loader is much simpler now.
    Lets hope so. I think your right though.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Whoa! For a moment there, I thought you meant that each individual car should have an optimal capacity of 8 riders. I was picturing the CM's getting people into the vehicles with giant shoe horns. It took me a bit to realize that you were referring to each conjoined pair of cars as a single vehicle. That makes MUCH more sense.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Whoa! For a moment there, I thought you meant that each individual car should have an optimal capacity of 8 riders. I was picturing the CM's getting people into the vehicles with giant shoe horns. It took me a bit to realize that you were referring to each conjoined pair of cars as a single vehicle. That makes MUCH more sense.
    LOL, yeah sorry. I tend to think of the whole unit on any ride as a vehicle. I often forget to make that clear. I would pay good money to watch them shoe horn people into those though. Would be awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast