View Poll Results: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2013 - Hong Kong Disneyland - Mystic Manor

    17 28.81%
  • 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland - Grizzly Gulch

    13 22.03%
  • 2012 - Walt Disney Studios - Ratatouille ride

    9 15.25%
  • 2012 - Tokyo DisneySea - Jasmine's Flying Carpets / Toy Story Midway Mania

    2 3.39%
  • 2012 - Magic Kingdom - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

    14 23.73%
  • 2012 - Magic Kingdom - Ariel's Adventure

    5 8.47%
  • 2012 - Disney California Adventure - Cars Land

    31 52.54%
  • 2012 - Disney California Adventure - Buena Vista Street

    23 38.98%
  • 2011 - Disneyland / Disney Hollywood Studios - Star Tours II

    17 28.81%
  • 2011 - Disney California Adventure - The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

    21 35.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    What are your most anticipated WDI current projects for rides at Dlsneyland Resort and other resorts? The Imagineers seem to be busier than ever both stateside and overseas. I want to hear about the upcoming rides that excite you the most. A poll will soon be up.


    2013 - Hong Kong Disneyland - Mystic Manor
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IYCurpREyZ...ysticManor.jpg



    2012 - Magic kingdom - Fantasyland - Ariel's Adventure
    http://jimhillmedia.com/resized-imag...863.FFLA-1.jpg


    2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland - Grizzly Gulch
    http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/fi...d_50414945.jpg


    2012 - Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland - Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster
    http://www.cfnews13.com/static/artic...train-0118.jpg


    2012 - Walt Disney Studios - Ratatouille ride
    http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2009...touille_01.jpg



    2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea - Jasmine's Flying Carpets
    http://www.blooloop.com/News/Image/1...701flyingc.jpg



    2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea - Toy Story Midway Mania
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/DHS_ToyStoryMidwayMania.jpg/800px-DHS_ToyStoryMidwayMania.jpg



    2012 - Disney's California Adventure - Cars Land
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...c/CarsLand.jpg


    2012 - Disney's California Adventure - Buena Vista Street
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...istastreet.jpg



    2011 - Disneyland/Disney Hollywood Studios - Star Tours II
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...econtinues.jpg



    2011 - Disney California Adventure - The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ng_concept.jpg
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-11-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Hotlinked images, violation of site rules
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    284

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    The overseas projects look really neat, but considering I won't be seeing those in the near future, I have to say I am most excited about Beuna Vista street. The designs look beautifully nostalgic.

    I know it's not a ride (except for the red trolly), but it is a major boost with theming, which is the entire reason I pay over 400 for a disneyland pass, but I won't pay 60 bucks for a Knott's pass. Isn't the attnetion to design what makes Disneyland so special? Is that not one of the major features that separtes DL rom other amusement parks?

    I actually remember thinking the very first time I entered DCA, "This is it?"

    First impressions are everything and DCA needs a good one like DL.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  3. #3

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    The overseas projects look really neat, but considering I won't be seeing those in the near future, I have to say I am most excited about Beuna Vista street. The designs look beautifully nostalgic.

    I know it's not a ride (except for the red trolly), but it is a major boost with theming, which is the entire reason I pay over 400 for a disneyland pass, but I won't pay 60 bucks for a Knott's pass. Isn't the attnetion to design what makes Disneyland so special? Is that not one of the major features that separtes DL rom other amusement parks?

    I actually remember thinking the very first time I entered DCA, "This is it?"

    First impressions are everything and DCA needs a good one like DL.
    I hear you, Jesser_pie. Buena Vista Street's archetecture and offerings (especially the theater and trolleys) are so fascinating that I'm asking for the word "Rides" in my thread title to be changed to "Attractions". As awesome as the local attractions go, i know for sure that I will be experiencing everything coming up at the Disneyland Resort - as opposed to elsewhere. So quite understandably, I am most anticipating DLR's Little Mermaid ride, Star Tours II, Cars Land, and Buena Vista Street.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #4

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    284

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I hear you, Jesser_pie. Buena Vista Street's archetecture and offerings (especially the theater and trolleys) are so fascinating that I'm asking for the word "Rides" in my thread title to be changed to "Attractions". As awesome as the local attractions go, i know for sure that I will be experiencing everything coming up at the Disneyland Resort - as opposed to elsewhere. So quite understandably, I am most anticipating DLR's Little Mermaid ride, Star Tours II, Cars Land, and Buena Vista Street.
    As far as "rides" go however, I am most excited for Cars Land- I loved Test Track and I cannot wait see the DCA version. What's sad is that it could be inferior to Florida's (like TOT, even though it's newer) and I will still love and be grateful that we have one.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Well to be honest, I don't really give a flip what they're doing in Hong Kong because I'm 99.99% sure I'm never going to go there anyway.

    I'm most looking forward to Buena Vista Street. Finally we're going to see something classically Disney: a well-themed area that evokes a feeling of nostalgia and doesn't center around toons.

  6. #6

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    As far as "rides" go however, I am most excited for Cars Land- I loved Test Track and I cannot wait see the DCA version. What's sad is that it could be inferior to Florida's (like TOT, even though it's newer) and I will still love and be grateful that we have one.
    DLR's ToT was/is inferior because Pressler and Eisner were inferior. Iger, Staggs and Lasseter have respect for Disneyland and DCA. Our next generation Test Track will leave the original in it's tracks. One of the Cars Race Rally features I look most forward to is racing alongside another racing car, and then the two cars criss crossing over to the opposite side of eachother. that should be pretty echilerating!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #7

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    284

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    DLR's ToT was/is inferior because Pressler and Eisner were inferior. Iger, Staggs and Lasseter have respect for Disneyland and DCA. Our next generation Test Track will leave the original in it's tracks. One of the Cars Race Rally features I look most forward to is racing alongside another racing car, and then the two cars criss crossing over to the opposite side of eachother. that should be pretty echilerating!
    That makes me even more excited! Now that you put it that way (about having respect) it makes sense why DCA needs this measure Rehab: Walt Disney always wanted to push the envelope for new things. If you are going to imitate, then you had better improve it and turn it to something more than just an inferior copy.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  8. #8

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Well to be honest, I don't really give a flip what they're doing in Hong Kong because I'm 99.99% sure I'm never going to go there anyway.

    I'm most looking forward to Buena Vista Street. Finally we're going to see something classically Disney: a well-themed area that evokes a feeling of nostalgia and doesn't center around toons.
    I know you don't give much of a care about the distant park attractions because I saw your poll response. hee hee! I definitly feel the same way, Diznygrl. Buena Vista Street's nostalgic element of experience will definitely rival that of Main Street. I can't wait to take in the charming ambiance of freshly presented historical archetecture and places.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #9

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    284

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Well to be honest, I don't really give a flip what they're doing in Hong Kong because I'm 99.99% sure I'm never going to go there anyway.

    I'm most looking forward to Buena Vista Street. Finally we're going to see something classically Disney: a well-themed area that evokes a feeling of nostalgia and doesn't center around toons.
    Exactly-- not that I am hating the toons, but there is more to Disney and I think many poeple would agree.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  10. #10

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    That makes me even more excited! Now that you put it that way (about having respect) it makes sense why DCA needs this measure Rehab: Walt Disney always wanted to push the envelope for new things. If you are going to imitate, then you had better improve it and turn it to something more than just an inferior copy.
    The envelope is definitely being pushed where Cars Land and Buena Vista Street are concerned. Even Phase 2's drive-in movie restaurant for Cars Land sounds...well...um...delicious!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,074
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Here comes another one, just like the other one!!!

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    641

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Walt Disney Studios Ratatouilli Dark Ride

    Trust me, it should be one of WDI's greatest marvels when it opens. Combine two of the world's greatest dark rides, Pooh's Hunny Hunt and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    236

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Star Tours Two. Hopefully it will be better than the original, and I am excited for something different. I am going to miss Rex though..

  14. #14

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Walt Disney Studios Ratatouilli Dark Ride

    Trust me, it should be one of WDI's greatest marvels when it opens. Combine two of the world's greatest dark rides, Pooh's Hunny Hunt and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman.
    Disney has been more tight lipped about this ride than any other. You must have some inside details. As a cross between Spiderman and Hunny Hunt, Rattatouille would truely rock. Your excitement is contagious, Macthe Man!

    Quote Originally Posted by SydneyMouse View Post
    Star Tours Two. Hopefully it will be better than the original, and I am excited for something different. I am going to miss Rex though..
    Perhaps we'll see a nod to Rex during one of the new destinations. I can't wait to see the space debris breach the hull! I think it will be even a trippier ride than the original. George gave it the thumbs up during his recent test ride inspection.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #15

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Your Most Anticipated WDI Ride Projects At DLR & Other Resorts

    The only reason I didn't vote for the Ratatouille ride was because we have NO information on it. Nada. For all we know this ride may never happen or otherwise they would freakin announce something about it right now if it's set to happen in 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •