Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If you had to choose...

If you had to choose between the following 3 rides to close forever, which would it be?

Space Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Splash Mountain

And why?
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: If you had to choose...

That would depend highly on what they would be replaced with. All three are very different rides with very different themes but all are wonderful rides. I think the park needs a water ride, it is southern California afterall. So if you were to close Splash Mountain you better have a good water-themed replacement to cool people off on those 100 degree august days.

Big Thunder would be okay to lose IF it meant being able to totally overhall Frontierland. Frontierland has lost much of the appeal it held in the early days of the park. Though I never knew those days personally the pictures and videos and stories I've heard makes me crave the charm the area once held.

Space Mountain would need something extremely new and cutting edge to replace it. It would have to be completely new and never before seen technology.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Big Thunder....as much as I love it....it can be replaced with another type of Mine ride.....Splash has Brer Rabbit and they will never put him on another ride again...so have to keep that.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Splash Mountain, without a doubt.

I'll never forget that area before it went in. It really felt like a frontier, or a wooded area just beyond the mansion. It was wonderful. And the snoring bear!

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'd have to go with Big Thunder as well.

Splash Mountain is the only flume ride in Disneyland, and it's the only thing with the Song of the South. Space Mountain is a lot more flexible with what can be done with it as seen with the Rockin' the Parks and Ghost Galaxy.

Big Thunder? For me, it's one of the "thrill" rides I can pass if I'm strapped for time. And although I do love hearing the train sound when walking from Fantasyland to Frontierland or New Orleans Square... I can live without it better than Space or Splash.

• =)

If I were to base the decision on purely selfish factors, I'd pick Splash Mountain, simply because I don't ride it as often as the other two. I'd miss it dearly, but the "splash" part of it really limits the contexts in which I enjoy riding it, whereas Big Thunder and Space Mountain are perennial favorites of mine.

But if I were to base the decision on which attraction is least popular, I would pick Thunder Mountain. I don't know what the hourly capacities for these three attractions are, but Big Thunder's line is usually the shortest of the three, which leads me to believe it's probably the least popular. This would break my heart, as I truly love this coaster, but if I were in a position of power, I clearly couldn't let that be a factor.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    If you had to choose between the following 3 rides to close forever, which would it be?

Space Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Splash Mountain

And why?
    All three are good rides.
    Couldn't choose.
    Also wouldn't want to be the one to decide due to the backlash from fans.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm from Canada eh!

Space Mountain.

It is the only ride of the bunch that makes me sick to my stomach.

• Banned User

Splash mountain. Space and Big Thunder I ride multiple times each trip. For Splash, just one ride years ago was more than enough.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I'd pick Big Thunder. It's the only ride on the list that's actually killed people.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Space Mountain, because I don't quite fit anyways

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    I'd pick Big Thunder. It's the only ride on the list that's actually killed people.
    Jinx.....

Hard choice though, Big Thunder because it is the least favorite for me, although we do ride it multiple times each trip. Splash Mountain because if it is cold out who wants to ride it. But not Space Mountain.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    That makes it the safest of all!

Splash.

Big Thunder.

The ride is okay, but just doesn't do it for me. Every time I ride it I end up thinking, "Wait, that was it?" at the end. Removing it would provide a great space to totally restructure the layout of Frontierland (which I think is much needed).
    Some friendly grammar tips:
    --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
    --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
    --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
    --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
    --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
    --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
    --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast