Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Re: Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

It was a pleasure meeting you, BarbaraAnn. If Jimmie and I tried to do everything you do in a single trip, we'd be exhausted. Fortunately, we're able to take shorter trips and not worry about missing something, as there's always a next time in a few months.

And there are some things we rarely do, unless it's with MiceChatters. I don't think we would have ridden the carousel, if it hadn't been for you.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    It was a pleasure meeting you, BarbaraAnn. If Jimmie and I tried to do everything you do in a single trip, we'd be exhausted. Fortunately, we're able to take shorter trips and not worry about missing something, as there's always a next time in a few months.

And there are some things we rarely do, unless it's with MiceChatters. I don't think we would have ridden the carousel, if it hadn't been for you.
    I really had a wonderful time with you and your wife. I was impressed with just how Technically up to date you are. I smiled each and everytime you took a photo, and sent it off to Facebook.

Hopefully our paths will cross again at Disneyland.

I am thankful every day for MiceChat, and all the wonderful people, like you and your wife that I have met because of this site.

• 1375 miles away

I finally made it over to check out your report and I wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found some things in your photo that I do not remember seeing and others with a different perspective than my own. I love your statement about not noticing things in your photo until you get home. I have so done that! And you are right. You just get to enjoy the park all over again!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    I finally made it over to check out your report and I wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found some things in your photo that I do not remember seeing and others with a different perspective than my own. I love your statement about not noticing things in your photo until you get home. I have so done that! And you are right. You just get to enjoy the park all over again!
    My trip report is complete, but I am always in the process of sorting pictures. Sometimes I am amazed at just how many photos I do take on my vacations. Digital cameras allow us the freedom to take pictures of everything that we see. I guess some people don't see the reasoning behind that. I kind of think of it as extending my vacation. Memories are great, but pictures and memories sparked by those pictures are so much better.

Your trip report has an amazing amount of photos. I always set out to take notes on vacation, but I arrive at the hotel so exhausted at night, that the notes don't always get jotted down.

I have tried to slow down my pace, but I guess in all my excitement, I don't do that.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I really had a wonderful time with you and your wife. I was impressed with just how Technically up to date you are. I smiled each and everytime you took a photo, and sent it off to Facebook.

Hopefully our paths will cross again at Disneyland.

I am thankful every day for MiceChat, and all the wonderful people, like you and your wife that I have met because of this site.
    Well, Jimmie's a MiceChatter by proxy; she enjoys the meets as much as I do and made friends through MiceChat, even though she's not a member. We'll be back for future events.

Another friend in our generation as said of me: "I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!" Heck, I was nearly 50 when I first summited Mt. Hamilton on a bicycle, a feat which I have since repeated a number of times. I see no reason a person of our years can't become a technical wiz; age just isn't a factor.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Dear friend,

I have just spent more than an hour experiencing this thread, from first post, to last.

One of the better things that has happened to me in the past five years has been meeting you here, and getting to know you on special days at Disneyland - even taking in an Angels game together.

I cherish the time that I get to spend with you, and I appreciate you spending time with me - and I know that I am not always the easiest person in the world to get along with.

It was such fun spending time with you and all the others on that Friday and Sunday.

As always, you are a master with the pictures and words, and I am proud to call you my friend.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barry, I can't believe that it's been over a month since I have been home from California. That's the problem with vacations. You plan forever, and when they finally come, they go by too quickly. I had a great time, and even though I took thousands of pictures, that just never seems enough, especially when I should have take more of them with, and of my friends.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's an interesting thing.

In person, we've spent a grand total of maybe a week together, and its always been in the more magical than real life place at the DLR.

We've "chatted" off and on here on this internet forum for five years, but can you really get to know a person this way?

We've chatted on the phone a few times, one time when I was in a hospital bed after collapsing in Burbank. (By the way, "Bob Hope" airport is almost as nice as "John Wayne".

Would we be friends if we had met in different circumstances? Not sure.

But I'm glad we met under these, and I will say that spending a day with you, your vacation day may go fast, but you get about as much out of it as anyone I've ever met.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess when you travel as far as I do to visit Disneyland, I know that I have to squeeze as much as I can each day that I am there. Some of it is planned stuff, and then some of it just happens.

One on one contact is probably very small with other MiceChatters online. However, it's what we read in passing as we go along on our MiceChat days that clues us in about other MiceChatters. I love the randomness, and the spontaneity much more, most of the time.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213