Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Whoo Hooo!! A Barbara trip report!!!!
    I have decided to do a more traditional trip report this time. It's been a long time coming, and like I said, I most likely will take a while to complete it.

So check back regularly. I hope you like it. I know that I had a really great time in California.

• Banned User

Can't wait for more pictures!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can not visit Disneyland, without taking a lot of pictures of the small Pinocchio/Jiminy Cricket statue that is present in the Hub. Actually, while I was taking pictures of the statue, a photopass photographer named Dave came by and took my picture with Jiminy and Pinocchio. He also did the special photo of her with Minnie. While Dave was shooting pictures, he told us about a special media event that would be taking place that evening in front of IASW. Later that evening, Margo and I and a few other MiceChatters checked it out.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 07:05 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It wouldn't be a trip to Disneyland without taking a lot of pictures of the castle. Here is one of those taken on my very afternoons in the park.

Fantasyland is my favorite land in Dsineyland. Margo and I rode some rides there. If I am remembering correctly, we enjoyed Peter Pan, The Carousel, and Casey Jr. Margo was nice enough to take pictures of me, as I enjoyed my ride on Dumbo. Dumbo has always been a favorite of mine.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 07:28 PM.

• world class bilge rat

Great TR, Barb!! Love it!

I'm glad you got to come to DL for the MC Anniversary, and especially the RCMC Dinner.

Wish we could have chatted longer though.

Rob

• I'm from Canada eh!

Stay'n at my fav hotel, eat'n at my favorite place (café Orleans), I am jealous!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

This is great so far. Seeing it through someone's eyeswho does not live here makes us native So Cal people appreciate things more - like those palm trees! I've grown up with them but seeing them through your eyes makes me realize how special they are!

Looking forward to your continuing saga.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was a little bummed that I didn't get to do the special photo op that was set up here which included the characters from the Disney animated movie Tangled. Rapunzel, and Flynn Ryder. I would have loved to have met them.

Another favorite ride of mine is the Teacups. I never pass up a chance to enter a teacup, and take a spin. I was glad that Margo was along so that she could take my photo.

We went from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and took a ride on Buzz Lightyear. As you can see by my score, I stink at that game. Margo is a great shot, by the way.

We headed back over to the area behind It's A Small World, and while we were there, we ran into some MiceChatters. From right to left that's me, TrekkieDad, StarTours 1 (David), and Trekkie Dad's wife, Jimmie. We saw other MiceChatters as well, and actually Margo got a picture with the Disneyland resort President George Kalogridis. Look up PurpleDove, and you will see the picture is her avatar.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-12-2011 at 06:54 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: Hello, sweetheart! Glad to see you had such a good time during your most recent trip.

ORWEN: Thank you for the nice pictures, too!

ORGOCH: Got rest yet?
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 02-12-2011 at 07:07 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The projection show at IASW is called Magic, The Memories, and You. At least, I believe that is what it is listed as on the official Disneyland website. The projections of guests photos is pretty neat, along with classic Disney moments as well. I tried snapping some pictures, but my camera, in my hands, doesn't do such great night shots. Here's what I got on the special media night. I finally realized that I wasn't picking up the projections of guests photos, so I put the camera away and just enjoyed the show. I thought that it was nicely done. It was after the show when Margo called out to President George, and he came over, and posed for that photo that she has in her avatar.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-23-2011 at 07:13 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After enjoying the show at IASW we headed off in the direction of food. Jody, Penguinsoda hadn't eaten all day, and she needed to fortify herself. On the way there, or was it on the way back? I forget. Having too much fun to remember. Oh yes, Margo, and I ran into Jody by IASW, or did she run into us? Funny thing about MiceChatters, they pop up everywhere. Especially on Anniversary weekend.

Trekkie Dad, and Jimmie enjoyed this beautiful chocolate cupcake, while Jody and Margo both had, I believe the new Flatbread at the Village Haus restaurant.

Shortly before we decided to call it quits for the night, we ran into Kritter. Actually Jody ran into him while talking to her daughter on the phone. Margo, and I were updating our pictures on our Photopass cards at the time. On the way out of the park, we got this group photo of the 4 of us.

Coming up next: My day with Radiobarry, and MiceChat's Friday night party. I also met everyone's favorite Oscar.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-12-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Great trip report! The kids and I are looking forward to the hearing about the rest of your vacation. Thanks for sharing!

• sleepy lagoon

Aw, Barb, great pictures! I am so very glad to have finally met you in person. Can't wait for your next trip out here! You live much too far away you know...

I especially like the picture of the Casey Jr with the Matterhorn in the background and the one of you, Kritter, Pengy and PD. Cute!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Join me now, as I leave my hotel room, and I take a walk to the security tents at the Disneyland Resort. This is what I did the 2nd morning of my trip. I was supposed to meet Barry there, in the esplanade, sometime after the 8 o'clock hour.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Great TR so far, Barbara! Can't wait for more!
    On this long, and winding road, I sure am glad, that I keep bumping into you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    The HOJO is our hotel of choice when at Disney. Can't wait for more.
    I really did enjoy staying at the HoJo. It was everything good, that I had heard abut it.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    I can't wait for more!
    Hopefully next time we will finally get to spend some time together.

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Keep 'em coming - enjoying it so far
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
    Great report so far : )
    Much, much more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Very cool Barbaraann! I remember staying at HoJo and eating at Mimi's on my very first trip to Disneyland when I was 11. Gosh this brings back the good ol' memories.

Can't wait for the rest!
    I ate at Mimi's quite a few time, and it really is a great restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Can't wait for more pictures!
    There are definitely a lot more of those.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Great TR, Barb!! Love it!

I'm glad you got to come to DL for the MC Anniversary, and especially the RCMC Dinner.

Wish we could have chatted longer though.

Rob
    I could have talked all night to all of my RCMC friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Stay'n at my fav hotel, eat'n at my favorite place (café Orleans), I am jealous!
    Cafe Orleans is a great place. I enjoyed my lunch there. I hope you get to have a meal there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    This is great so far. Seeing it through someone's eyeswho does not live here makes us native So Cal people appreciate things more - like those palm trees! I've grown up with them but seeing them through your eyes makes me realize how special they are!

Looking forward to your continuing saga.
    The first time that I saw the Palm Trees back in 2005, my friend Jennifer found my reaction to them to be a bit comical. I stood there, mouth open, and just took lots and lots of pictures. I come from Chicago. We have Maple trees, and evergreens perhaps. Palm Trees are just so glorious, so amazing, so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Hello, sweetheart! Glad to see you had such a good time during your most recent trip.

ORWEN: Thank you for the nice pictures, too!

ORGOCH: Got rest yet?
    Thanks for stopping by ladies. You always add a touch of class to the surroundings.

I am trying to get my rest, but my husband told me I should have left my cold, and cough in California.

Quote Originally Posted by DillyDilly View Post
    Great trip report! The kids and I are looking forward to the hearing about the rest of your vacation. Thanks for sharing!
    I enjoying sharing, especially when MiceChatters are nice enough to take the time to stop by and leave me great comments.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Aw, Barb, great pictures! I am so very glad to have finally met you in person. Can't wait for your next trip out here! You live much too far away you know...

I especially like the picture of the Casey Jr with the Matterhorn in the background and the one of you, Kritter, Pengy and PD. Cute!
    Look at me Stacy. I can multiquote almost as good as you.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast