Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

The Random Court of MiceChat, better known as the RCMC, has been around since the latter half of 2006. It is a series of threads, where MiceChatters just hang out, and talk randomly about whatever might pop into their heads at the moment. That might sound boring to some, but quite frankly I have had some great times over the years hanging out in those threads.

Check out the Fun and Games Lounge, and look for the thread with RCMC in the title.

Speaking of the RCMC. Some of us decided to get together on the Saturday of the MiceChat Anniversary weekend, and have some dinner at the Jazz Kitchen Express. We shared a meal, had some fun conversation, and I took a few photos. I wish that I had taken more pictures, and had gotten a chance to talk to everyone present a little bit longer.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-15-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One of my favorite attractions is It's A Small World. My friend Margo clued me in as to the locations of all the added Disney characters to this wonderful ride. So when the MiceChat festivities were drawing to an end on Saturday night, I decided to head back to Disneyland, so I could ride IASW, and photograph the Disney characters for myself.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

• Triple Goddess

Your trip report made the roundup!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The absolute best ending to a day at Disneyland, is watching the Fireworks, and/or Fantasmic. On this particular evening, I got to do both. I took pictures. All I can say is, that I did leave the park smiling. Along the way, I snapped a few night time pictures of the buildings in Town Square. They look so fantastic at night.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

• Bucket List Car

Barbaraann, I love your trip reports. Like you, I don't get out to Disneyland but about once every two years. I love your outlook on the parks, taking your time, and enjoying everything. I grew up in SoCal and visited DL a lot. So now when I get to visit as an adult, I find the things that were special to me as a child, and then the cool stuff I have learned about since I joined MiceChat. LOVING this report!!! Congrats on making the roundup.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I'm really enjoying this extended trip report of yours Barbara Ann. It was real nice meeting you Sunday morning at The Riverbelle Terrace too.
    Too bad that it rained on the day of the big Meet. It forced me to put my camera away, and I didn't get near enough pictures of the many MiceChatters that I talked with that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Jones View Post
    this is a very good and fun to read trip report thank you!
    I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    So very true! Next time we are spending the day together...
    I only wish that I knew when the next time might be. I fear, it will be far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Your trip report made the roundup!
    It is indeed an honor to get a mention in MiceChat's weekly Roundup.

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Barbaraann, I love your trip reports. Like you, I don't get out to Disneyland but about once every two years. I love your outlook on the parks, taking your time, and enjoying everything. I grew up in SoCal and visited DL a lot. So now when I get to visit as an adult, I find the things that were special to me as a child, and then the cool stuff I have learned about since I joined MiceChat. LOVING this report!!! Congrats on making the roundup.
    I guess I am taking my sweet time getting this report posted. I did get a lot done on this trip. Not too much went undiscovered. I am looking forward to all the new things that will be there the next time that I am able to afford a trip west.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sunday had finally arrived. MiceChat has Meets every Sunday, as far as I know. MiceChat Anniversary Meets are always preceded by Breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace. Now I'm not sure if that goes back as far as their First Anniversary Meet, but it was true for this, their 6th Anniversary one.
    I ate a big breakfast that morning. I knew that I had a long and busy day ahead of me.

It turned out to be a gloomy morning, and not the beautiful sunshiny day that I was hoping that it would be. I spoke to a few MiceChatters, after I ate that huge breakfast. I only wish that I had my husband's memory for names, and other things. I usually count on my photographs to spark my memory when I am doing trip reports. On this particular day, I didn't take my camera out much early in the day, because I didn't want it to get wet.

Immediately after breakfast MiceChatters began gathering at the New Orleans Train Station, so that we could all board the train together for a round trip journey around Disneyland.

The Train ride was followed immediately by a ride on the Riverboat, Mark Twain. I took this picture of Fishbulb, as he watched all of us boarding the boat. He had other important MiceChat duties and had to miss our ride on the Rivers of America.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One of my very favorite things to do at Disneyland, is to photograph the tiny little statues that are in the Hub. This time, I had a bit of a challenge. I wanted to get all of them photographed before the Noon Meet. I showed up early because, I figured I had a better chance of doing it before the MiceChat crowd arrived.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I especially enjoyed seeing all the beautiful flowers that were planted in the Hub Planters.

Jody, penguinsoda and I reenacted the famous Walt and Mickey pose.

It was then time for the RCMC group photograph.

It was then time for the "6th Anniversary MiceChat Picture" at the castle.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

By this time of the day, the rain was really coming down. I remember that it was lunch time, and according to the official MiceChat schedule for the day, we were to assemble in Carnation Gardens with our lunch and hang out with host "penguinsoda".

I didn't choose to eat my lunch at that point in time, due to the large breakfast that I had had that morning at the Riverbelle Terrace. Instead, I hung out with MiceChatter 1Disneylandfan, Lori, and her friend Debbie. We had a great conversation. Quite frankly, they were kind enough to keep me dry while the raindrops fell. Dusty stopped by, and we had a great chat with him as well.

It was then time for the next item on MiceChat's schedule. That was:

Barbaraann's Bumpkin Bash with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe. Now I definitely couldn't miss that. Dusty said he chose me for that event because of my midwestern roots. Well, I was baffled by that. This big city gal, hosting a country event.

Not sure the name of the first group that entertained us at the Golden Horseshoe that day, but they sure were a lot of fun.

Have you met my friend from Kansas?

Lisa, Pratt55, always makes me smile.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Then it was time for the famous Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There were two official events left to go for MiceChat's 6th Anniversary celebration. The first one was at Magnolia Park, and it featured Jeffrey Epstein of D23 . There was a trivia quiz, and lots of cool prizes were given out.

The group then made their way to ride Pirates of the Caribbean with host Villains Fan. They would then make their way back to ride Haunted Mansion. This was the last official event of the day, and so it was here that I found myself waiting. I didn't want to miss the last event of the day. I am so glad that I got to ride Haunted Mansion with the group. What came next was one of the highlight's of my trip.

Let's just say, it was the longest, group hug I have ever been a part of.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

By this time of the day, I was getting hungry for dinner. I was supposed to have dinner with Radiobarry, and penguinsoda, and we were going to leave the park and head for a nice sit down dinner at nearby Tony Roma's. Actually, our plans later changed, and we ate the Plaza Inn instead.

When we were in Town Square, we happened upon the main mouse, and took these photographs.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-23-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast