Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

I just spent 6 days at Disneyland, and before this latest trip I hadn't been to California since December of 2008. I was really happy that my latest trip would coincide with MiceChat celebrating their 6th Anniversary. This trip has been a long time coming, and I must warn you in advance, this trip report might be a long time coming. I took 8 memory cards along on my trip. One for each day. My 8 day planned trip turned into 10 days in California due to a blizzard back in Chicago. So if you have the time, take a peek.

This is of course what every one of us might see before we board an airplane to our planned destination. As you can see Chicago is 1726 miles away from Santa Ana California. I am happy to report that my plane took off on time, and I had a very pleasant flight for those 1726 miles. I like flying into the John Wayne Airport. It is easy for me to get from there to whatever hotel I have chosen to stay at. This time, that was going to be the Howard Johnson, on Harbor Blvd.

I traveled lite, so all I had to do was look for the Ground Transportation sign, after landing at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

I didn't head out to Ground transportaion right away, of course, since I knew that it could be about an hour at least before we pulled in front of my hotel. The Ladies room was easily found, and when I finished there, and made my way outside, I knew that I was indeed in California again, once I saw one of my very favorite sights.

Palm Trees. I just love them.

In my rush to get to my bus, I almost missed something, that I promised myself that I wouldn't miss this time, and that was the "John Wayne Statue".. I absolutely loved John Wayne's movies, and I wanted to photograph his statue. I must admit, that I walked right past it the first time. How does one miss something that big? I guess you could say, I was excited.

After saying goodbye to the "Duke". I purchased my roundtrip ticket on the Disneyland Express Bus, and I was on my way to ANaheim California, and the Howard Johnson Hotel.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I put my camera on "sport mode", and aimed it at the signs along the way. I was pleasantly surprised later on, when I saw that I had a few great shots of Disneyland's Matterhorn, and Space Mountain. Not to mention more great California Palm Trees.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 11:04 AM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Great TR so far, Barbara! Can't wait for more!

• I'm from Canada eh!

The HOJO is our hotel of choice when at Disney. Can't wait for more.

• Triple Goddess

I can't wait for more!

Keep 'em coming - enjoying it so far

• Minion

Great report so far : )

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

During my last trip to California, back in 2008, I became really good friends, with MiceChatter, PurpleDove. Margo and I talk a lot by telephone, and I asked her to come be my roommate on my very first night at the HoJo. She agreed, and we met at Mimi's Cafe for dinner. We stayed up very late that night talking. Margo brought along her brand new little laptop computer, and she shared a lot of Disney magic with me by way of parade, fireworks, and various other Disney videos. Our plan was to spend all of Thursday, my first park day in the parks together.

This is Margo.

..........and this is me, Barbaraann.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 01:06 PM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very cool Barbaraann! I remember staying at HoJo and eating at Mimi's on my very first trip to Disneyland when I was 11. Gosh this brings back the good ol' memories.

Can't wait for the rest!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After eating a scrumptious breakfast, Margo, and I headed to the parks. I was excited. This was the first time that I would be seeing Disneyland in over two year's time. My first sights, were World of Color banners, Memories signs, monorails, Mickey Benches, and people lined up for Magic Morning. I had forgotten that it was Magic Morning. So instead of following all those people into Disneyland Park, Margo, and I decided that we would go into DCA instead. I missed the sight of the California letters. I do admit that Margo, and I took a lot of pictures of all those walls that were up where the letters used to be. However I promised myself that there would be no "Walls" in my trip report.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 05:08 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Margo needed to take care of some business in Guest Relations. While she did that, I got my camera ready to take some pictures of some things that I knew would soon be gone.

It was fun posing with various things along the paths that lead to the rides in DCA, that I wanted to ride. One of these were the Cars, from the movie of the same name.

We rode Soarin, and later on Margo beat me badly on Toy Story Midway Mania.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This post is dedicated to my favorite ride at DCA, which is Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 06:07 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After spending a few hours in DCA, Margo and I headed back over to Disneyland. We arrived about 11:30 a.m., which actually was perfect, since we had a noon reservation at Cafe Orleans. I stopped for pictures at all of my favorite spots. The Mickey Floral, the sign over the tunnel, the clock on Main Street.

Our lunch at Cafe Orleans, was so yummy. I had the Monte Cristo, and Margo had the Onion Soup and the Cafe's famous fries. I admit to eating way too much. It made me kind of sluggish on my very first afternoon at Disneyland.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011 at 06:36 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Whoo Hooo!! A Barbara trip report!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast