Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Cast Member

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for you favorite Disneyland Characters performing in the parade with Leann Rimes. And yes these are Characters from DLR not WDW.

• Banned User

Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

How..? Where's the parade? DLR characters traveled to be in it?

• Defeats the Huns

The parade is in New York. Disneyland folks did travel to perform there.
    However, they are still representing "Walt Disney World" - not Disneyland...
    figures, huh?

• Minion

What "characters" are local to Disneyland, but foreign to WDW? And I'm not talking about MiceChat groupies...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

GIANT CHICKEN LITTLE ATTACKS NEW YORK CITY! (again)

and everyone thought we were safe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I told you so!

• Disney Memory Maker

Do remember that Chicken Little is featured in this parade (he'll be up in a few minutes). And also, a giant JoJo balloon is featured. However, the Jojo balloon is the first Animated balloon. It is hard to describe, but she'll be juggling.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disney Memory Maker

I just saw the Disney float and I have to say that it was beautifully done. And to clear up the confusion....these were not the Disneyland characters, they were the Disney World Characters. A bunch of Disney charactesr were on a big showboat float. They also had little children dress up and stand next to their respective charactesr. Leanne Rhimes sang beautifully and it sounded like she was really singing (and not lip-synching).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

It is really sad that the float represented Walt Disney World and not Disneyland. It seems that WDW does a much better job promoting itself during national events. Other than the Rose Parade I have yet to see Disneyland represented at another national event. WDW characters were at a holiday parade in Chicago last weekend, are usually represented in Atlanta's Christmas parade, and I am sure at other Holiday events. Why doesn't Disneyland do more of this...or is this Disney corporate calling the shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Cast Member

.......good show
    Last edited by NavyCopSB; 11-24-2005 at 08:05 PM.

• Senior Minion

The Prince from Cinderella was from DLR. Nice simple float. Great group of performers.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Defeats the Huns

All the Face Characters on and around the float came from Disneyland. I know for a FACT.
    It's not that they are "local" to either park -- it's just that they came from Disneyland, and not Disney World.

• :)

Yes, I saw the big chicken, AHHHHHH

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    It is really sad that the float represented Walt Disney World and not Disneyland. It seems that WDW does a much better job promoting itself during national events.
    This is no suprise. Magic Kingdom opened in the early 70s and you could hear all the money for future investment for Disneyland be vaccumed away right there. By 1975 it was obvious which destination was The Important One.

But, regardless of all that, WDW gets the lions share of the advertising because it has the lions share of the hotel rooms and land. DL doesn't need to be advertised to the whole country because at best what it'll do is fill up those non-Disney hotels around the berm and cause a park already slammed full of locals to close the gates for max capacity reasons when all the out of towners try to come in around lunchtime.

OTOH, at WDW they've got a ton of rooms to fill and much more space to put the people who fill them.

Why doesn't Disneyland do more of this...or is this Disney corporate calling the shots?
    A bit of both. "I'm going to Disneyland!" was a pretty wellknown post-SuperBowl phrase in the 90s, although some years ago it changed to "I'm going to Disney World!" in many east coast markets.

Again, DL can run healthily on AP holders most days since the Pressler period rushed in cheap babysitter APs and AP events, etc. WDW will be dead if they can't get Mr. and Mrs Omaha Nebraska to fly out there.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    It is really sad that the float represented Walt Disney World and not Disneyland.
    First of all, it is an east coast parade. Of course it's going to advertise WDW. Just like the Rose Parade always advertises DL. And don't give me those complaints about DL never getting any advertisement. The whole 1st half of the year featured the "Coming Home" commercial (starring Kelsey Grammar and all the CG characters) that was seen all the time on TV (and that advertised DL).

-Michael

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I saw it on T.V. The disney float! The little performance they did was so cute! Ooh, and the sparks, I like pyro

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast